For the "Greens"

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

sd_matt

Re: For the "Greens"

Post by sd_matt »

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:20 pm
KitemanSA wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:48 am
Check the attachment.
The colored bar segments was from M&W and the grey was the info on buffering that I added.
It gives quite a different truth, but convincing the laymen about it is a whole odyssey.
I still remember in a dinner few years ago arguing for one hour with two green brain ladies that rejected the idea that the Sun was a nuclear fusion machine because it was "environmentally friendly and had nothing to do with dirty nuclear reactions".
The amount of ignorance out there that is pushed by the media is sometimes beyond belief..
Good Gawd. Even I am surprised by this epic level ignorance.

I started this thread to hammer home at least one point....ignorance.

With that in mind would you guys post what your profession, education and experience are. I want to post this thread to Twitter to hammer home that point.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

sd_matt wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:11 am

With that in mind would you guys post what your profession, education and experience are. I want to post this thread to Twitter to hammer home that point.
In my bio.

usesbiggerwords

Post by usesbiggerwords »

sd_matt wrote:
See my bio

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

usesbiggerwords wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:47 pm
sd_matt wrote:
See my bio
Mr “usesbiggerwords”,
That you do. Where I said “in” my bio, you said “see” my bio. That word was 50% bigger than mine!!! Way to go! :lol:

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

sd_matt wrote:
I wish you good luck for the effort, but from my past experience with those type of people it will be hard to even make them understand that they "might" be wrong. It's like a religion that cannot be questioned....

I am a Mech. Eng and a potential researcher that turned businessman when young because I discovered early that making money was more easy than begging others for money to make research.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

sd_matt

Post by sd_matt »

Giorgio wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:08 pm
sd_matt wrote:
I wish you good luck for the effort, but from my past experience with those type of people it will be hard to even make them understand that they "might" be wrong. It's like a religion that cannot be questioned....

I am a Mech. Eng and a potential researcher that turned businessman when young because I discovered early that making money was more easy than begging others for money to make research.
Fair enough.

1. I must like to bang my head against the wall of the super religous types...the greens amongst others.

2. I like the idea of their Tweets having comments like mine there to remind them what mental defects they are. If you say it is petty I won't argue. I guess I just utterly despise people who are so dishonest.

sd_matt

Post by sd_matt »

Giorgio wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:08 pm
sd_matt wrote:

Fair enough.

1. I must like to bang my head against the wall of the super religous types...the greens amongst others.

2. I like the idea of their Tweets having comments like mine there to remind them what mental defects they are. If you say it is petty I won't argue. I guess I just utterly despise people who are so dishonest.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

sd_matt wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:16 am

I share your pain, I have been doing the same for 30+ years and I was able to open the eyes to a couple of people, but 99% of the time it was just a stressful experience. Nice to see that there are other people like you willing to do the same.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

charliem

Post by charliem »

Giorgio wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:01 am
sd_matt wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:16 am

I share your pain, I have been doing the same for 30+ years and I was able to open the eyes to a couple of people, but 99% of the time it was just a stressful experience. Nice to see that there are other people like you willing to do the same.
Dismaying, isn't it, so much ignorance. Also, how many reject or disregard any data-point conflicting with their previous positions.

But a have to argue that this has nothing to do with religious beliefs, mental defects, or dishonesty, it is just part of Human Nature.

Humans like to think of ourselves as intelligent and rational. We often use both words as synonyms, but they are very much NOT.

Intelligence is a quality, of which all humans have some amount.

Rationality is a skill, and it doesn't come included in the "human package". Rationality is the capacity to determine the best possible output from a certain set of inputs. To be rational we need: 1) the will to work the problem, 2) good information, 3) intelligence, and 4) the know-how to use it.

Being rational is HARD, so much so that we humans only practice it occasionally.

Switching positions on any topic is an added effort most try to avoid.
"The problem is not what we don't know, but what we do know [that] isn't so" (Mark Twain)