Simon Will LIke This

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Jccarlton

Simon Will LIke This

Post by Jccarlton »

MSimon

Re: Simon Will LIke This

Post by MSimon »

Some politician will figure out there is a market for ending Prohibition and will sweep up those votes. It happened in 1932.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

williatw

Post by williatw »

Rand Paul Decries Mandatory Minimum Sentences, Likens War On Drugs To Jim Crow

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/1 ... 49415.html

At a packed public hearing of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) compared the war on drugs to the racist policies of the Jim Crow era.

"If I told you that one out of three African-American males is forbidden by law from voting, you might think I was talking about Jim Crow 50 years ago," Paul said. "Yet today, a third of African-American males are still prevented from voting because of the war on drugs."

"The majority of illegal drug users and dealers nationwide are white," he said, "but three-fourths of all people in prison for drug offenses are African American or Latino."

rj40

Post by rj40 »

Just finished the Ken Burns show on Prohibition. Very interesting, and many parallels to stuff today. Although I think some of the parallels were made on purpose.