For All You Advocates Of Big Government

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

For All You Advocates Of Big Government

Post by MSimon »

“Fast and Furious” was about “proving” that America’s “lax” gun laws, and the Red State attitude toward guns fueled the drug violence in Mexico. Drug violence does not, in this view, exist because of the insatiable appetite for drugs by liberal Hollywood and Manhattan elites, by liberal college students, by the denizens of the decaying inner cores of Democrat controlled cities, or even from the insane drug laws the advocates of ever-more government foist on us. No, not all. For the liberal mindset, drug violence in Mexico results from the exercise of second amendment rights by law abiding American citizens. As I have written many times before, the evidence on the ground did not support the theory that “drugs flow north and guns flow south.” The cartels did not buy their guns in the US. In typical liberal fashion, therefore, the Obama Justice Department, acting through the ATF, decided to “prove” it so by making it so. The ATF created gun smuggling networks, sold them guns, and then watched as these moved into Mexico and into the hands of some of the world’s best organized and most ruthless criminals. The result? Mayhem. Hundreds of Mexican citizens, and at least two US Federal agents murdered plus unknown numbers of other crimes on both sides of the border.

http://thediplomad.blogspot.com/2012/10 ... s-ask.html
Prohibitionists are now liberals. (well they always were)

How does it feel my liberal friends? I LOVE the taste of it.

A new consensus is forming. If you are a prohibitionist objectively you are a liberal. Claims to the contrary notwithstanding. A point I have been making for quite some time.

As I said in another post: those advocating drug prohibition will one day be looked on the same way we look on those advocating alcohol prohibition. That day may have already arrived. Thank The MAKER.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.