Jccarlton posts

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Carl White

Jccarlton posts

Post by Carl White »

It's getting to be a flood.

I don't understand why he doesn't start up a blog and post them there?

I'd really rather read about broader technological issues here.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Because (IMHO) he figures it's food for thought, and if you genuinely disagree, you'll have a correspondingly genuine refutal to set him straight. What's the worse that could happen? Debaters getting down to the bottom of their disagreement?

MSimon gave his rationale (IIRC) for not choosing to open a separate Politics sub forum. If you have a better rationale than his, I (again IMHO) don't think he'll deny it.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Greetings All,

I have long since mentally re-labeled the "General" forum as "Political". It has reduced my stress level markedly and sped my reading of the forum on average (I "mark all topics read" in the General Forum with quite a bit of regularity).

Folks who dislike the political trype should consider emulating thes actions.

kurt9

Post by kurt9 »

Thanks have degenerated into political discussion while we wait to hear the outcome of the WB-8 experiments.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

kurt9 wrote:Thanks have degenerated into political discussion while we wait to hear the outcome of the WB-8 experiments.
This is the crux of it I think. It is so boring waiting for information that there is nothing else to do. I've read through the theory and design sections already, and I got tired of the speculation in the absence of data.

I suspect if something pops up, we will all drop the political discussion in General. Maybe. :)

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Not all posts in general are overtly political. Remember the discussion about mandatory insurance? How is that political?

MrE

Post by MrE »

Yeah, I just ignore posts by him. It is annoying but I can simply avert my clicks from posts made by him and he gets to vent his thoughts.

JLawson

Post by JLawson »

MrE wrote:Yeah, I just ignore posts by him. It is annoying but I can simply avert my clicks from posts made by him and he gets to vent his thoughts.
What?! :shock:

You mean I DON'T have to click on a post that could be controversial or offensive?

Hmmm. I gotta think about that one... :wink:
When opinion and reality conflict - guess which one is going to win in the long run.

MSimon

Re: Jccarlton posts

Post by MSimon »

Carl White wrote:It's getting to be a flood.

Skip General.

I don't understand who is forcing you to read this forum. Could you please explain your lack of self control?
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

CaptainBeowulf

Post by CaptainBeowulf »

Lol @ the lack of self control comment.

I think politics is a leading interest amongst the "general" interests of most of the people here. That's why general tends to be a politics forum. Seems logical enough to me.

History seems to be another leading general interest, but it is often wrapped up with politics, so the two come back together. I've enjoyed some of the historical discussion here.

Half of the time I just ignore general. When I feel like some good political "tripe" I come here.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

MSimon wrote:

Skip General.

I don't understand who is forcing you to read this forum. Could you please explain your lack of self control?
Obviously, nothing is forcing me to read this forum. I've visited it now and then in hopes of finding an interesting article, as has happened in the past, but lately it's been a Jccarlton monologue.

However, since you seem to effectively be inviting me to leave, I think I will.

Farewell, Polywellers. Hopefully there will be some news (good news, too) soon.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Carl White wrote:
MSimon wrote:

Skip General.

Obviously, nothing is forcing me to read this forum. I've visited it now and then in hopes of finding an interesting article, as has happened in the past, but lately it's been a Jccarlton monologue.

So you admit that you lack self control. Better (for you) to have said nothing and quietly slunk off into the night.

BTW I don't know if you are aware of this but you can initiate threads that suit your political proclivities. Of course you may have to put up with counter arguments. Jccarlton does.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

CaptainBeowulf

Post by CaptainBeowulf »

Why don't you just ignore General and read News and Theory? I think that's what MSimon is suggesting.

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

Carl White wrote:
MSimon wrote:

Skip General.

And somehow that's my fault? I don't really like keeping this forum alive all by myself. and if you really look about half my posts are not really political.