Flyby Anomaly Mystery Deepens

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

mvanwink5

Re: Flyby Anomaly Mystery Deepens

Post by mvanwink5 »

I make sure I login these days so that my Troll filter works. :lol: Looks like the Troll has been busy elsewhere too.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

choff

Post by choff »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rolling on the ground laughing
CHoff

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

ladajo wrote:Wow, nine posts in a row.
You actually bothered to count the spew piles?
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Yes, driven by mysterious psychological forces. . .
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Ignore relativity.

:lol:

Typical meshbacks.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Still no orbital elements I see.

:D
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

hanelyp wrote:
ladajo wrote:Wow, nine posts in a row.
You actually bothered to count the spew piles?
It is truly funny to me that it persists in posting repsonses that are not read.

I admit that the higher than normal turd trail caused me to count them.

Nine in a row. No idea what it was going on about, nor do I care, but nine was really funny looking.

Like a child stomping its foot over and over to get noticed.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

But it is a silent movie. :)
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

And still no orbital elements.

Pitiful.

So what we have is a bunch of meshback technicians who wannabe engineers, with a couple more sophisticated folks hanging around who avoid the meshbacks. How many people actually know enough math and science to understand what hyperbolic trig is used for? This is a pretty important question, because if you don't know the answer your knowledge is strictly limited to 17th century subjects. In case you hadn't noticed that was four centuries ago.

And yes, they really thought the world was going to end in 666 and in 1666.

Notably, it didn't.

Derp.

choff

Post by choff »

The ugliest meshback, as you refer to them, will never be so grotesque as the most beautiful troll.
CHoff

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Unfortunately, without those orbital elements, the troll will be smarter than any of you.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

The Juno spacecraft is now out of safe mode; they're troubleshooting what happened.

They were going to run some accelerometers during the flyby; it will be interesting to see if their readings were continuous through the problem, and were logged even in safe mode.

Read all about it.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

Schneibster wrote:Typical meshbacks.
Mesh back atcha -

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

So basically you wouldn't know an orbital elements if it jumped up and bit you on the butt.

Amirite?

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

Wrong.