Iran may have acquired Nuclear War Heads.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Ha.. No, but it seems some people think so, and I find it pretty comical. Women are human too. They might be quirky but.. It's not rocket science either.

Just an off topic quip :)

rjaypeters

Post by rjaypeters »

"And as long as God does not intervene in the contemporary universe in such a way as to violate physical laws, science has no way of knowing whether God exists or not."

Is a quotation from the article I cited. Please, no putting words in my mouth! I say enough stupid stuff on my own!
"Aqaba! By Land!" T. E. Lawrence

R. Peters

rjaypeters

Post by rjaypeters »

Giorgio wrote:...but things gets quite different when you go in places like Sudan, Nigeria, and similar were access to basic needs like food and water is many time conditioned to the acceptance of a particular faith.
If one can impose the outward form which is externally indistinguishable from true faith, others will think it is real thing. I suspect there is a lot of deception taking place in Sudan, Nigeria and other places.

In your case Giorigio, I perceive your will is strong enough none could impose changes on how you think without your consent however much you might be forced to conform outwardly. Others, particularly children, are not so strong.
"Aqaba! By Land!" T. E. Lawrence

R. Peters

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I have never been able to understand how some engineers can reconcile both. Maybe someone can share his experience, it could be an interesting discussion

Experience. "God" talks to me all the time. Sometimes even gives engineering advice.

Now it could actually be a sort of collective unconsciousness communicated by pheremones. Or something equally bizarre. But I do hear voices from time to time but most often tugs on the belly. It took me quite of bit of practice quieting the internal noise so I could hear the voice/signal when the voice was soft.

I'd suggest the "Fourth Way" by Ouspensky as a method suitable to engineers. There is not much esoteric craziness in it. Mostly just a method and practical advice on how to implement it.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

rjaypeters wrote:I suspect there is a lot of deception taking place in Sudan, Nigeria and other places.
Some of the stuff going on there you have to see it with your eyes, otherwise is hard to believe.
rjaypeters wrote:Others, particularly children, are not so strong.
You are right, children hardly understand what they are taught, after all they are just white pages to be inked. Just look how easily in Africa and Asia they have been able to brainwash and transform hundred of thousands of kids into soldiers in the name of an ideal or a religion.....

Politics and religions should be treated like alcohol, you can choose to consume them only once you are of age.