Popular Science Comments Closed Forever

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Re: Popular Science Comments Closed Forever

Post by Diogenes »

I have to say, this guy is hilarious.

Yeah, it's just like cooking!
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Now, I'll be happy to explain this in a great deal more detail, but I will not do so under threat.

I consider threat to be an admission I'm right. I have a blog of my own; if they're mistreating you here come see my blog, and we'll have conversations where you can really say what you think and really hear a response. I won't kick you off for not believing in global warming. I have more honor than this site does. But you have to tell the truth, as you know it. That's what I require. No lies about other users, or about contrary evidence. Bring your stuff and tell the truth, and accept it if you're wrong. That's all.

Schneibster's Suggestions. On blogger.com.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

I suppose what bothers me the most is that someone who denies science is involved in the development of the polywell.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Diogenes wrote:
Schneibster wrote:So everyone is aware, Joe has threatened to kick me off if I don't lie and say I think the deniers are correct.

I find that assertion to be completely implausible. The one thing I can say unequivocally about Joe is that he will tolerate dissent. The probability is higher that you simply have a comprehension problem. (Or a reality problem.)
Joe probably shot him a note and told him if he didn't stop antagonizing everyone on the boards that he would kick him. Obviously Joe would never force him to adopt a specific opinion or position, so again, this twit is lying.

Big surprise.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

GIThruster wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
Schneibster wrote:So everyone is aware, Joe has threatened to kick me off if I don't lie and say I think the deniers are correct.

I find that assertion to be completely implausible. The one thing I can say unequivocally about Joe is that he will tolerate dissent. The probability is higher that you simply have a comprehension problem. (Or a reality problem.)
Joe probably shot him a note and told him if he didn't stop antagonizing everyone on the boards that he would kick him. Obviously Joe would never force him to adopt a specific opinion or position, so again, this twit is lying.

Big surprise.
My next move is to publish Joe's note on my blog. Are you insisting I do that? It's the work of a heartbeat. I'm getting tired of the climate deniers and I'm going to start denouncing them publicly. Joe doesn't get to delete it if it's on my site. Nor do you. Denier whiners who try to muzzle the opposition are generally ignored by blogger.

BTW not agreeing with your denial cult does not equal "antagonizing everyone on the boards." Sorry you don't like being proven to have lied; it's not my fault that reality has a liberal bias.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Schneibster wrote:
GIThruster wrote:

Big surprise.
My next move is to publish Joe's note on my blog. Are you insisting I do that? It's the work of a heartbeat. I'm getting tired of the climate deniers and I'm going to start denouncing them publicly. Joe doesn't get to delete it if it's on my site. Nor do you. Denier whiners who try to muzzle the opposition are generally ignored by blogger.

D*mn Deniers and Jebus freaks! Reminds me of the Blackadder episode called "Captain Cook".

Captain Blackadder had Leftenant George draw fortifications of immense formidability, in order to convince command to cancel a head on assault against the Germans. George stupidly drew Elephants as part of the German defenses.

When General Melchet decided to go ahead with the attack anyways, Captain Darling tells Captain Blackadder "Good luck against those elephants."

You would be playing the role of George in this production.

Watch out! There's a Jebus Freak behind you! Run! Run for your life!

:)
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

GIThruster wrote:
... so again, this twit is lying.

Big surprise.

As I mentioned before, I don't think he can tell the difference.

— Lord Melbourne —

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

I'm amazed these kind of antics are permitted on a board that pretends to be talking about science.

I say again, have you no shame?

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

MSimon wrote:
Schneibster wrote:
MSimon wrote:As temps continue to decline (negative PDO, low sunspot count) it will become obvious even to you over time. No rush.
That would be fine except they started trending up again in 2012.

On Earth.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

MSimon wrote:
Schneibster wrote:Actually I'm unclear on how AR5 is "not holding up well."
MSimon wrote:
You are aware of course that the models used to predict catastrophe assume water vapor adds to the CO2 "heating" to give high values of CO2 contribution.
I have no idea what you're talking about. It doesn't sound like anything but psychobabble. Please restrain yourself to scientific claims backed up by scholarly literature and real research. Thanks.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

MSimon wrote:
Schneibster wrote:
MSimon wrote:
That is OK. As temps continue to decline (negative PDO, low sunspot count) it will become obvious even to you over time. No rush.

Please do keep on spouting. The 'net is forever.
What amazes me is you think the solar cycle will never go up again.
I'm with you. The solar/ocean cycles are causing most of the heating. The contribution of CO2 is minimal.
The point is that the Milankovic cycles cause heating and cooling, but that the biological effects they generate cause the fluctuations from glacial to interglacial. Those biological effects are global warming.

You're ignoring life.

I hate to say it but I have to characterize that as not being able to count.

Of course you could always admit you made a mistake but I figure you're more likely to kick me off so you don't have to admit your screwup.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

MSimon wrote:
Schneibster wrote:
hanelyp wrote:I note you're lumping real scientists (referred to by an inflammatory term) with 2 groups of pseudo scientists. "Popular Science" hasn't been a decent science magazine for years.
That would be a "no."

Bye now. I no longer engage with climate trolls who don't know the difference between a scientist and a doctor.
Well you are aware that the so called predictions of the "climate scientists" are not holding up well.
Actually I'm aware of nothing of the kind; the latest report, AR5, has upped their certainty from 90% to 95%.

You can deny all you like but the evidence keeps amassing against you. Maybe it's time to admit you were wrong.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

At this point I don't expect to get a reasonable response, just more threats or just get kicked off. That's fine, I'll review you on my blog.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I just took a look at our guests "blog".

He really is nothing but a troll looking get kicked off sites so he can claim victory about Global Warming.
This list will, I expect, get a lot longer real fast. I'm going hunting for deniers, and for sources of climate truth. This should be gratifying.
http://schneibster.blogspot.com/2013/10 ... ntics.html

He came here pre-disposed to create hate and discontent by calling people liars and racists. He seems to have some sort of disorder focused around these two points.

The sad part is that he really thinks that everyone here on Talk-Polywell is against Global Warming. Too bad he probably won't be around long enough to see any more real debates about it here like we have had in the past.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

ladajo wrote:The sad part is that he really thinks that everyone here on Talk-Polywell is against Global Warming.
You're lying again.

So you know all the communications have already been copied; kicking me off will not stop me from documenting your antics on my blog.

I am going denier hunting.

You have been pwnt. Surrender or be named, shamed, blamed, and defamed.