Its all about the lobbying money, for all of them...

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

Its all about the lobbying money, for all of them...

Post by Skipjack »

http://satellite.tmcnet.com/topics/sate ... effort.htm

It does not matter whether they are left or right and what colors they wear. It is all about the money from their lobbies. That is why they so often make decisions that seem to go against their alleged ideals. They have none!

dmshiplo

Post by dmshiplo »

I can only imagine how much progress we'd have made in space exploration in the last 40 years if not for the personal agendas of politicians looking out for themselves. Hopefully this current round of meddling doesn't gain any traction.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

I notice the person with the huge comment starts with the "fact" that
... "commercial space" has a poor or no future in this decade because there's a poor or no "market" for these vehicles
If there is little or no market, how does Space X have so many commercial launches queued up already? Not to mention the launches from the other launch providers that Space X is competing with.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Exactly. Those people that claim "no market" for these vehicles dont know anything. They are too lazy to check the launch manifests of SpaceX even, which are public. They also are incapable of looking any other market. Take computing. There is a very small market for supercomputers, simply because they are very expensive and very few people can afford them. But yesterdays supercomputers are todays handhelds and at a much, much lower cost there is a huge market for those and I dont think that anyone can argue with that.
As launch costs will come down, the market size will increase.

Roger

Post by Roger »

Skipjack wrote:Exactly. Those people that claim "no market" for these vehicles dont know anything. They are too lazy to check the launch manifests of SpaceX even, which are public..
I don't discount what SpaceX means, but there are some that do discount SpaceX, they wave their hands and proclaim that doesnt count. ANd those people will not be satisfied untill commercial scale mining and manufacturing are established off planet, forgeting that companies like SpaceX led the way....
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.