A Funding Proposal

Discuss funding sources for polywell research, including the non-profit EMC2 Fusion Development Corporation, as well as any other relevant research efforts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

bobshipp

A Funding Proposal

Post by bobshipp »

In response to MSimons' challenge "Why not just build the darn thing?" which he posted in the design section, I outlined a funding proposal there which might get it built.

It is probably more appropriate to discuss it in this forum so I am reposting it here.

The basic idea is for EMC2 to sell rights to future licenses now. It would be done in 22 bundles of 50 licenses each.

It would be a three step process.

In the first step buyers would make a $5,000 nonrefundable deposit on a first come basis for the right to go to the second step.

In the second step after 22 deposits have been made the buyers would have 30 days to deposit an additional $900,000 each. These funds would be used to build an intermediate step WB-8.

When WB-8 is finished and tested in a year or so, Then the buyers have the option of providing another 10 million each to build the 100 MW prototype. They will then have a 1/22 interest in the revenue from that plant as well as a right to 50 licenses

The right to the licenses could be sold on the open market at anytime. Also EMC2 would agree not to sell any additional licenses for less than 1 million each until all the existing licenses were either used or sold.

The funds from the first step would be used to cover the legal work and contract drawing for the subsequent steps as well as for soliciting buyers.

That is a brief outline.

Professor Science

Post by Professor Science »

Now, I'm not terribly familiar with licensing and intellectual property because to a certain extent the idea of imprisoning ideas hurts my higher reasoning portions of my brain, but doesn't licensing lose it's appeal when the major elements of the thing your licensing are public domain or whatever element of non-proprietary anyone can know is called? Cause I'm pretty sure bussard made this as non-confidential as he could manage.
The pursuit of knowledge is in the best of interest of all mankind.

Roger

Post by Roger »

I dont get it. If a yahhoo like me can find 3 million in VC by accident, why the big plan?
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.