Kronos Energy - simulations only?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

usesbiggerwords

Kronos Energy - simulations only?

Post by usesbiggerwords »

I ran across this today:

https://www.globenewswire.com/en/news-r ... Texas.html

It's not a company I've heard talked about here. It doesn't sound like they have an actual device, just some simulations.

Giorgio

Re: Kronos Energy - simulations only?

Post by Giorgio »

This is so funny, thank you for posting it.
It has been a long time since I read such a soup of meaningless mumble jumble!
Kronos Fusion Energy utilizes quantum computers with machine learning, artificial intelligence, and neural networks to create algorithms to simulate the optimal design for the world's most efficient fusion energy generator. These generators will leapfrog the recent world records
I wonder on what basis they will model their neural network, considering that each company that is out there had to rewrite their own models to progress because all of them inevitably failed to meet the expected extrapolations on which they was originally developed...... My bs meter starts to rise.
the Fusion Energy Power Plant will have an efficiency rating more than 40 times better than the best Fusion Energy Generator in the world today, and this is all on track to be completed by the year 2036
Well, the paragraph before they was an algorithm and AI company to help improve existing designs, now they have their own "Fusion Energy Power Plant will have an efficiency rating more than 40 times better than the best Fusion Energy Generator in the world today" .... whatever that means...
BS meter now fully engaged.

But I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, so I made a quick search and I stumbled upon this gem (if we can call it that way):

So, they start with some random numbers without any meaning nor support just to praise themselves:
Kronos Fusion Energy Algorithms have been leveraging over a 100 billion dollars in global government research endeavors plus 60 years of Fusion Research and leap-frogging similar current thought processes in accurately demonstrating the capacity of deep learning to forecast THESE disruptions —Decreasing the error rate here reduces the sudden loss of confinement of plasma particles and energy — Machine Learning algorithms in our Kronos Fusion Systems drive to lower THIS error rate - thus lowering the costs on our fusion energy generators by 17-20% compared to every other chartered to be build.
Next, let's add some scientific truth that has nothing to do with Fusion:
Tuning deep neural networks is a computationally intensive problem that requires the engagement of high-performance computing clusters. The first few principles-based approaches hit close to 80% predictive capability. They were sometimes not better than a coin flip.
Than, some random words to confuse people :?: :
ALL current timelines & financials for commercial fusion energy generators are without our solution to the industry benchmarks.
Now that people are confused, throw more baseless numbers hyping to a great future!:
Our simulations show that our first Fusion Energy Generator would be 20% cheaper to build and operate than any others set to launch for the next 40 years. OUR second and third generators would subsequently have a 10% price drop to build and increases our asset value by 40%.
And finally let's mention how much ITER will benefit from our company, anyhow 99,999% of people don't even understand what ITER is about:
Our machine learning-based statistical methods support vector machines like the ones at the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor or ITER which could get up to 85% or better accuracy rate with less than 5% false positives. To improve upon these prediction rates, we at Kronos Fusion, trained a neural network capable of taking into account far more variables than the earlier support vector machines with hyperparameter tuning.
Our software continues to demonstrate its ability to predict true disruptions within the 30-millisecond time frame that ITER will require while reducing the number of false alarms.

I only wonder if they have a real person in charge of these PR releases or if they actually trained their AI / Neural network to write this stuff....

Anyhow, these are just a bunch of people with no understanding at all of what they are speaking about, using words just to make it look like they are onto something huge and revolutionary.

This looks so much like a Theranos V2.0 :mrgreen:
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Glad someone had the patience to sift through the word salad. I liked the 'First Principles' hand wave. I wonder if the grift will land them some cash?
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Worry not. There is plenty of people with more money than brain out there.

usesbiggerwords

Post by usesbiggerwords »

My pleasure, glad someone got a laugh out of it. I, too, saw that first line and had to chuckle.

Munchausen

Post by Munchausen »

News of a 30 Tesla magnet. For some reason all links are dead outside the US. Can someone please have a look and share whats going on:

https://www.news10.com/business/press-r ... ic-fusion/

RERT

Post by RERT »

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Munchausen wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:02 am
News of a 30 Tesla magnet. For some reason all links are dead outside the US. Can someone please have a look and share whats going on
In the news release there is no pictures nor it mention the existence of a prototype.
If they indeed had built a working 30 Tesla Magnet they would not need to hire marketing firms to make publicity to it, they would have the line of scientists and journalists out of their office ....
It is probably just another one of their "simulations" or maybe just a paper design.

My bet is that they are looking to milk more investments and needed some publicity, hence the need to hire a marketing firm to try to boast a "news" that is not a news.

RERT

Post by RERT »

This is actually a deal more interesting and informative, though still brief:

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... nergy.html

Seems like at least they have a real scientist with a track-record on the payroll, unless this is complete fiction. The story is a compact ?spherical? tokamak with DHe3 fuel and direct energy capture...

I have to say that if the 30T magnet press release is for a simulation, it is shockingly misleading!

RERT

Post by RERT »

I'm sorry. They have a website kronosfusionenergy.com that just screams 'scam'. I didn't bother clicking on 'buy a fusion energy generator'...

I think they actually put the cross-section data for DT,DD, DHe3 upside-down...

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

RERT wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:58 pm
I didn't bother clicking on 'buy a fusion energy generator'...
A pity, it was in offer for only 9.999,99 US$ with a free set of frying pans :mrgreen: