Reassesing Molecular kinematics.

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ravingdave

Reassesing Molecular kinematics.

Post by ravingdave »

Interesting article on physorg which has ramifications for fusion. Apparently direct impacts between atoms may not be necessary. I count this as a plus.

http://www.physorg.com/news134226755.html

David

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Dave,

It doesn't have much to say about fusion actually.

Chemical bonds are on the order of 10 eV. Fusion requires 5,000 times as much energy.

If a similar effect was found in "close" encounters with the nucleus we might have something.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

scareduck

Re: Reassesing Molecular kinematics.

Post by scareduck »

ravingdave wrote:Interesting article on physorg which has ramifications for fusion. Apparently direct impacts between atoms may not be necessary. I count this as a plus.
From the article:
"We have a new understanding of how energy can be transferred in collisions at the molecular scale," said Zare, senior author of a paper presenting the results in the July 3 issue of Nature.
"molecular" != "nuclear".

Helius

Still.....

Post by Helius »

An interesting ramification is that we just 'discovered' something so simple regarding molecular collisions as spin being opposite of expectations, imagine what discoveries are to be made with nuclear collisions!

I think Dr. Nebel is spot on with the value of proliferating WB7 type machines. I think there are a lot of Nuclear collision discoveries to be made too.

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

Mea culpa.

David