Tom Ligon at the Science Fiction Convention

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Tom Ligon at the Science Fiction Convention

Post by MSimon »

http://amperzen.com/blog/?p=153

Hyperion here. Today I attended a fantastic (possibly in more ways than one) program item entitled “Hot Fusion”. Tom Ligon, who worked with Dr. Robert Bussard before his death last year, gave a presentation concerning the work being done in Inertial-Electrostatic-Fusion. The names being dropped are all reputable and famous, so there’s a good chance that everything presented is on the up and up, but I’m not a high energy physicist, nor to I play one on TV, so I pass on what was said without attempting to validate any of it for scientific muster.

Unfortunately the room was dark so I was unable to take notes, which would seem to be a very important thing when trying to describe advances in high-energy physics. I did take snap shots of the slides he put up so I do have some reference material, but please bare with me if you know anything about this and find that I’m less than totally accurate. For more details he recommends looking up his article, “The World’s Simplest Nuclear Reactor Revisited”, which was published in Analog Science Fiction and Fact in the January/February 2008 issue.
There is a lot more. Go read the whole thing. You will have to scroll down to get to the good stuff. Unless writing SF is your thing.

Simon
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Well, he messed up a statistic or two, but he made up for it with enthusiasm! Nice pic of Dog and Pony 2 in operation!