SpaceX News

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Re: SpaceX News

Post by KitemanSA »

ladajo wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:36 pm
As of today, paperwork and notices lining up for launch as soon as 13th (Monday). Realistically, could be anytime next week. Still waiting on Fish & Wildlife.
IIRC, USFW has until mid March to decide. Having had dealings with them before, I would be surprised for any day short of their allotment. Mental greenies in disguise.

Maui

Post by Maui »

KitemanSA wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:05 pm
IIRC, USFW has until mid March to decide. Having had dealings with them before, I would be surprised for any day short of their allotment. Mental greenies in disguise.
While I don't doubt your insight into working with FWS, there has been been a lot of evidence pop up this week that signoff is imminent and SpaceX is fully preparing to launch next week. I don't think after all the time the they've been waiting on the approval we'd suddenly have NOTAMs posted, media personalities arriving, website updates, etc. if there wasn't good reason to believe it's coming.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Hope you are right. Just not my experience.

Maui

Post by Maui »

Reddit source claims they have it in hand. FTS explosives are currently being installed.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Maui wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:44 pm
Reddit source claims they have it in hand. FTS explosives are currently being installed.
Color me surprised, but happy!

Maui

Post by Maui »

Per Reuter's headline article today, seems like they could use a little less FWS involvement, but a little more OSHA involvement:
https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp ... sk-safety/

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Tracking for launch windows on the 17th, with backups 18th and 19th.
Paperwork still not officially released, however reporting indicates it is done, just not released.
SpaceX continues 'short final' (see what I did there? :) ) launch preps.
I expect a restack tomorrow or Thursday.
I am unclear as to launch timing as I have seen conflicting time data. Notices stated windows open at 1300Z, however others are saying midnight local. The math doesn't match currently.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

ladajo wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:30 pm
I am unclear as to launch timing as I have seen conflicting time data. Notices stated windows open at 1300Z, however others are saying midnight local. The math doesn't match currently.
Perhaps the difference between when they will be working and when they might be actually launching. Need several hours to fuel, etc.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Launch timelines are posted on the SpaceX website.
Current consensus seems to be a 0800 to 1030 Eastern launch window. Still tracking for Friday.
Fish & Wildlife paperwork is reported (and posted) complete, now waiting on FAA final approval.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

ladajo wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:12 pm
Fish & Wildlife paperwork is reported (and posted) complete, now waiting on FAA final approval.
I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED I tell you…

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Lol!
Be even more shocked, FAA signed off on the final yesterday too. Launch attempt tomorrow morning confirmed. :D

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Popcorn bowls and coffee cups are ready. I hope that they will amaze us once again 8)
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

And so,...
Launch now moved to Saturday per an Elon Tweet. Looks like they are checking something on the top of the booster, or to do with the Hotstage ring between the booster and second stage (Starship).
Now I have to actually find some work to do at work in the morning. :cry:

ltgbrown

Post by ltgbrown »

There was an issue with an actuator for one of the grid fins.
Famous last words, "Hey, watch this!"

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

The launch was pretty cool and the test achieved their main objective to getting through staging. They will have plenty of data to sift through and make improvements for the next launch.