10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

JoeP

Re: Good lucks all around.

Post by JoeP »

Helius wrote:
JoeP wrote:Good luck to Rossi.
Good luck to Uri Geller and Kreskin too. :roll: Lets wish Mills (blacklight power) luck too.

Wasn't blacklight power *the exact scenario* we're running through with Rossi now again, except Rossi is a decade behind Mills? Yogi Berra would point out " This is deja vu all over again!".
Geller? Come on.

Mills analogy is better, but..

You pretend to know for sure Rossi has nothing. You pretend to know Rossi's configuration = Mills. I am skeptical, rightly so, as you are. However, I leave an opening for the possibility he does have something. If he does, I hope his 1MW test proves it to his "Customer" beyond doubt. Thus, the wish for good luck in the test. Nothing more than that.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

icarus wrote:The fact of the matter is we have no idea what the 10 kg Ni and 18kg H2 relate to in terms of how the process operates.

It could be as simple as when you charge the pipes of the thing you need X gms of H2 and when you do a refill it is easiest to vent that H2 to atmosphere and it becomes unrecoverable. It probably has very little relation to physical laws of the universe but practicalities involved with operating the device. And similarly for the Nickel use/recovery.

The Mach Truck is in reference to the 1 MW machine ... are you going to argue with that if it proves to work?
If you a little bit familiar (read something) about fission reactors you would know that there is fuel burning off rate about a few percent. And nobody means remaining quantity (100% - burning off rate) as spent fuel. Simply Rossi said nonsense as following to his words nickel is not reactant but mostly is a catalizer. And I am not going to argue even now. As I am tired to hear "If that works" when it does not.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
icarus wrote:The fact of the matter is we have no idea what the 10 kg Ni and 18kg H2 relate to in terms of how the process operates.

It could be as simple as when you charge the pipes of the thing you need X gms of H2 and when you do a refill it is easiest to vent that H2 to atmosphere and it becomes unrecoverable. It probably has very little relation to physical laws of the universe but practicalities involved with operating the device. And similarly for the Nickel use/recovery.

The Mach Truck is in reference to the 1 MW machine ... are you going to argue with that if it proves to work?
If you a little bit familiar (read something) about fission reactors you would know that there is fuel burning off rate about a few percent. And nobody means remaining quantity (100% - burning off rate) as spent fuel. Simply Rossi said nonsense as following to his words nickel is not reactant but mostly is a catalizer. And I am not going to argue even now. As I am tired to hear "If that works" when it does not.
If you a little bit familiar (read something) about fission reactors you would know that there is fuel burning off rate about a few percent.
The limiting factor in the fuel life of the light water fission reactor is the disintegration of the fuel pellet which in turn is the result of the disintegration of the zirconium cladding that confines the nuclear fuel. This leads to a poor fuel burn up rate and the production of high level transuranic wastes. Most waste in a light water reactor is only slightly used fuel which is discarded for economic reasons.

On the other hand, TRISO fuel can achieve high levels of fuel burn up and points to the importance of innovative engineering as a solution to nuclear issues.
Simply Rossi said nonsense as following to his words nickel is not reactant but mostly is a catalizer.
In like manner, Rossi has stated in his patent that copper can be used as an alternative to nickel. Rossi has surveyed many other transition metals to support his reaction.

Nano-engineering is all important in the Rossi process. This indicates to me that the nuclear and/or chemical properties of the nano-metal are not as important as the surface preparation of the nano-powder.

In simple terms in my opinion, the topology of the nano-structures is what makes the Rossi reaction go. Rossi calls this topology "tubules" and spent six months working day and night to optimizing this surface structure during the initial development of the E-Cat.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Axil wrote:Rossi calls this topology "tubules" and spent six months working day and night to optimizing this surface structure.
"Working hard" does not mean "earning results". Tubules or something else should work as claimed. For proving that proper calorimetry is needed. And he could not.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
Axil wrote:Rossi calls this topology "tubules" and spent six months working day and night to optimizing this surface structure.
"Working hard" does not mean "earning results". Tubules or something else should work as claimed. For proving that proper calorimetry is needed. And he could not.
Rossi: "We Are Ready!"

RockEye October 27th, 2011
Dear Mr. Rossi I just want to wish you good luck and go change the world tomorrow!!

October 27th, 2011

Dear RockEye:

Thank you: now it’s 4 p.m. of the 27th, and we are finishing the cosmetics of the plant. I think tomorrow we will make, with the help of God, a good job. My work, basically, is finished. Within one hour the Consultants of the Customer will arrive to start the check of all the parts of the plant and prepare all their stuff for the test of tomorrow. Until some hour ago I felt a strong pressure, now, at the eve of the battle, as usual, I am recovering all my coldness and calm. We are ready. Warm Regards, A.R.
This tells me that the Customer has designed the test and will conduct it. This means Rossi and/or his associates will not be able to mess this test up.

Let us hope that the US Based Customer has contracted the best experts that money can buy to design and conduct this test and that they produce a first class document to describe how the big e-cat performs.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Axil wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:
Rossi: "We Are Ready!"

RockEye October 27th, 2011
Dear Mr. Rossi I just want to wish you good luck and go change the world tomorrow!!

October 27th, 2011

Dear RockEye:

Thank you: now it’s 4 p.m. of the 27th, and we are finishing the cosmetics of the plant. I think tomorrow we will make, with the help of God, a good job. My work, basically, is finished. Within one hour the Consultants of the Customer will arrive to start the check of all the parts of the plant and prepare all their stuff for the test of tomorrow. Until some hour ago I felt a strong pressure, now, at the eve of the battle, as usual, I am recovering all my coldness and calm. We are ready. Warm Regards, A.R.
This tells me that the Customer has designed the test and will conduct it. This means Rossi and/or his associates will not be able to mess this test up.

Let us hope that the US Based Customer has contracted the best experts that money can buy to design and conduct this test and that they produce a first class document to describe how the big e-cat performs.
Ok, let's wait.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:This tells me that the Customer has designed the test and will conduct it. This means Rossi and/or his associates will not be able to mess this test up.
That's a good news IF it is like that. Way too many times I have seen Rossi say similar stuff just to change idea at the last minute.

But if the test will be conducted by an independent team of technicians this will add a huge bonus to the data that will be disclosed, and help to put an and to this story, in a way or the other.

We shall see what will happen in 24 hours more or less.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

icarus wrote:More grist for the mill ... proton tunnelling in a lattice

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 6005008458
Proton tunnelling should not be confused with proton ability to actually bypass the Debye limit and fuse with a target.

Giorgio

Re: Some Ni-H results from the UIUC (George Miley)

Post by Giorgio »

As discussed before, Miley theory will have a better appeal once he will starts to put on the table some verifiable and replicable data.

icarus

Post by icarus »

Giorgio wrote:
icarus wrote:More grist for the mill ... proton tunnelling in a lattice

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 6005008458
Proton tunnelling should not be confused with proton ability to actually bypass the Debye limit and fuse with a target.
You seem to be a confident critical expert, have you done relevant experiments in this area?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

icarus wrote:You seem to be a confident critical expert, have you done relevant experiments in this area?
These types of experiments date back from 2000 and earlier, there is nothing really new there.
I'll try to explain. Cars, boats and planes all share the same engine, but is not enough for them to attain the same goal.
Doesn't really take much knowledge to understand that you are trying to apply a phenomena to something else that was not object of the research.

If you do not get such a basic point than is better if you start back with physics 101, or maybe is enough if you actually read and understand their paper:
www.ladir.cnrs.fr/pages/fillaux/154_JMS_2006_122.pdf

icarus

Post by icarus »

Giorgio wrote:
icarus wrote:You seem to be a confident critical expert, have you done relevant experiments in this area?
These types of experiments date back from 2000 and earlier, there is nothing really new there.
I'll try to explain. Cars, boats and planes all share the same engine, but is not enough for them to attain the same goal.
Doesn't really take much knowledge to understand that you are trying to apply a phenomena to something else that was not object of the research.

If you do not get such a basic point than is better if you start back with physics 101, or maybe is enough if you actually read and understand their paper:
www.ladir.cnrs.fr/pages/fillaux/154_JMS_2006_122.pdf
It was just simple question, I wasn't asking for your opinion on my knowledge base or reading list.

I'll take that as your answer is an emphatic no.

(and you seem to be spoiling for an argument, so we'll just leave it at that if you don't mind)

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

The macroscopic quantum entanglement, still observed at 300 K
This is 27 C deg and claimed temperature is much higher. Ni and KHCO3 are not the same.
For not discussing more.
My advice is to not searching corresponding theories explaining phenomenon which absolutely has not been described by Rossi.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

icarus wrote:It was just simple question, I wasn't asking for your opinion on my knowledge base or reading list.

I'll take that as your answer is an emphatic no.

(and you seem to be spoiling for an argument, so we'll just leave it at that if you don't mind)
Well, sorry about that, but this is actually the first time you have asked me a simple question without trying to be polemic.
If it was a simple question than I must apologize for having been rude.

The answer is no. I would have loved to, but pure research is only available in public sector and not pay as it should here in Italy.
I opted for a private sector job and I kept reading the researches of others.
Now I am the boss of myself and I have no free time to even think to make a little experiment in my backyard, so I keep reading and learning from other's research.