Nuclear fusion-enhanced pulsed plasma drive demonstrated

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Carl White

Nuclear fusion-enhanced pulsed plasma drive demonstrated

Post by Carl White »

"ROCKETSTAR SUCCESSFULLY DEMONSTRATES FIRESTAR™ NUCLEAR FUSION-ENHANCED PULSED PLASMA PROPULSION DRIVE"

https://thedebrief.org/rocketstar-succe ... ion-drive/
RocketStar Inc. has announced the first successful demonstration of their nuclear fusion-enhanced pulsed plasma FireStar™ Drive. The potentially groundbreaking device upgrades the company’s base water-fueled pulsed plasma thruster by injecting particles into the drive’s exhaust plume, resulting in a fusion reaction that dramatically increases the base drive’s power output.
Reading down,
the drive not only created the telltale ionizing radiation of the fusion reaction but also improved the base unit’s thrust by 50%.
I wonder whether 50% would be worth the added mass of the fusion enhancement.

Giorgio

Re: Nuclear fusion-enhanced pulsed plasma drive demonstrated

Post by Giorgio »

I also read the news few days ago, but the total lack of technical data makes it pretty meaningless.
They said that they will integrate it in some satellites due to lunch in July and October, so I guess we will have to wait until some real data will leak out from those tests, hoping that we will not see another scenario like IVO's Berry-1......
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Carl White

Re: Nuclear fusion-enhanced pulsed plasma drive demonstrated

Post by Carl White »

Giorgio wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 8:10 am
hoping that we will not see another scenario like IVO's Berry-1......
Hehe, they plan to put one (Firestar) up in Barry-2.