Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Re: Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Postby Diogenes » Fri May 25, 2018 2:53 pm

It's looking more and more like Brennan is patient zero for this attempted coup against our system of governance.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

williatw

Postby williatw » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:51 am

Obama Was Left Awe-Struck Following Trump's 2016 Win: 'What If We Were Wrong'?

Riding in a motorcade in Lima, Peru, shortly after the 2016 election, President Barack Obama was struggling to understand Donald J. Trump’s victory.

“What if we were wrong?” he asked aides riding with him in the armored presidential limousine.

He had read a column asserting that liberals had forgotten how important identity was to people and had promoted an empty cosmopolitan globalism that made many feel left behind. “Maybe we pushed too far,” Mr. Obama said. “Maybe people just want to fall back into their tribe.”

His aides reassured him that he still would have won had he been able to run for another term and that the next generation had more in common with him than with Mr. Trump. Mr. Obama, the first black man elected president, did not seem convinced. “Sometimes I wonder whether I was 10 or 20 years too early,” he said.

Set to be published next week by Random House, Mr. Rhodes’s memoir, “The World as It Is,” offers a peek into Mr. Obama’s tightly sealed inner sanctum from the perspective of one of the few people who saw him up close through all eight years of his presidency. Few moments shook Mr. Obama more than the decision by voters to replace him with a candidate who had questioned his very birth.

Mr. Obama and his team were confident that Mrs. Clinton would win and, like much of the country, were shocked when she did not. “I couldn’t shake the feeling that I should have seen it coming,” Mr. Rhodes writes. “Because when you distilled it, stripped out the racism and misogyny, we’d run against Hillary eight years ago with the same message Trump had used: She’s part of a corrupt establishment that can’t be trusted to bring change.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... g-n2485949

His aides reassured him that he still would have won had he been able to run for another term and that the next generation had more in common with him than with Mr. Trump.

Even if that is true...young people tend to get more conservative with age and also tend to vote far less per capita than their older brethren. If you want to be the "cool", "hip" , candidate that the young folks like fine; don't be surprised if it is the rapidly growing higher voting demographic of the older folks (the grownups) who are the ones who decide who actually wins the election.

williatw

Postby williatw » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:49 am

Bill Maher is 'hoping for' an economic collapse so he can 'get rid of Trump': 'Sorry if that hurts people'

HBO host Bill Maher reportedly said he's hoping for an economic collapse.

HBO host Bill Maher said Friday that he is "hoping for" an economic collapse because that is the only way the president's opponents can "get rid of Trump."

Maher first asked guest Shermichael Singleton to asses the current economy under President Trump.

"It is going well," Singleton answered. "For now." "Thank you, that’s my question,” Maher added. “I feel like the bottom has to fall out at some point, and by the way, I’m hoping for it."

"I think one way you get rid of Trump is a crashing economy. So please, bring on the recession. Sorry if that hurts people, but it’s either root for a recession or you lose your democracy.”

The economy appears to be improving under President Trump despite his ongoing trade war with both China and U.S. allies.
Earler in June, the unemployment rate fell to 3.8 percent, a 50-year low.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... rts-people

Return to “General”