Cold fusion in your microwave in 10 minutes

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Rick Meisinger

Cold fusion in your microwave in 10 minutes

Post by Rick Meisinger »

Given the level of interest in LENR I thought some in this forum might be interested in these links:

Three videos about Carbon to Iron fusion performed in a simple test in the microwave oven:

Dust fusion part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ap7iow ... re=related
Dust fusion part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9q5O2Mf ... re=related
Dust fusion part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA3GGgpP ... re=related

Interview with György Egely. Make sure subtitles are turned on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGl4wPCS ... re=related

His Theory:

http://greentechinfo.eu/wp-content/uplo ... ion_v7.pdf

Torulf2

Post by Torulf2 »

I think he have made some pytolytic graphite. Its use to be anti magnetic but can also be ferromagnetic.
http://unitednuclear.com/index.php?main ... cts_id=527
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrolytic_carbon

Enginerd

Re: Cold fusion in your microwave in 10 minutes

Post by Enginerd »

Rick Meisinger wrote:Three videos about Carbon to Iron fusion performed in a simple test in the microwave oven
Very interesting. I have always had a thing for using feedback control to do things like suppress and enhance particular harmonic modes in gas and plasma resonance chambers -- though you really need some good sound dampening earphones when working with these sort of things. With some proper equipment and feedback control, he should be able to set up some control systems allowing him to greatly improve his plasmoid stability while dampening unwanted oscillation. Fun stuff.

While this is a beautiful example of creating some spiffy plasmoids with a microwave oven, I highly doubt he is fusing carbon into iron. I watched some of the videos (skipped a lot of boring discussion of about resonance), and I strongly suspect he is creating pyrolytic graphite. Which is neat and all, but certainly is not going to solve the world's energy problems...
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
--Philip K. Dick

Enginerd

Post by Enginerd »

Torulf2 wrote:I think he have made some pytolytic graphite.
Heh. You beat me to the punch line. I agree. I would be shocked and stunned if this were really fusing carbon...

If this guy is convinced he is right, he should do a before and after check on his carbon with a mass spectrometer. I expect it would not show any different elements or isotopes (other than traces of silicon and oxygen from the Quartz resonance chamber).
--Philip K. Dick

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Enginerd wrote: If this guy is convinced he is right, he should do a before and after check on his carbon with a mass spectrometer

I can't imagine how he could be making all the claims he has for other reaction products without having done this. Maybe he did? But, I get red flags when I see a Hungarian asking for money on YouTube.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Rick Meisinger

Post by Rick Meisinger »

Enginerd wrote:
Torulf2 wrote:I think he have made some pytolytic graphite.
Heh. You beat me to the punch line. I agree. I would be shocked and stunned if this were really fusing carbon...

If this guy is convinced he is right, he should do a before and after check on his carbon with a mass spectrometer. I expect it would not show any different elements or isotopes (other than traces of silicon and oxygen from the Quartz resonance chamber).
He has provided some before and after spectrum analysis in the link to the pdf.

Rick Meisinger

Post by Rick Meisinger »

If you watch the interview, he does not make any small claims. End of world energy problems and can kill any virus; this includes ending cancer and aids using fusion.

Torulf2

Post by Torulf2 »

You do not need a mass spectrometer for detect if the magnetic stuff is iron. Sort it out with magnets. Weigh it, get the volume with a glass measuring cylinder and water, is the density close to iron?

But it can be small iron particles within carbon particles. Solve the iron oxide in concentrated hydrochloric acid. Boil away the HCl. Drop some solution of "potassium ferrocyanide trihydrate" on it. If there are any iron its will turn red. WARNING: put not the ferrocyanide in concentrated acid, it will give toxic cyanide HCN gas.

My interest in this is the dirt he got on the glass tubes. It may contain fullerenes, CNT or graphene.
Seems that he is good at electronics but bad in chemistry.

Rick Meisinger

Post by Rick Meisinger »

Torulf2 wrote:You do not need a mass spectrometer for detect if the magnetic stuff is iron. Sort it out with magnets. Weigh it, get the volume with a glass measuring cylinder and water, is the density close to iron?

But it can be small iron particles within carbon particles. Solve the iron oxide in concentrated hydrochloric acid. Boil away the HCl. Drop some solution of "potassium ferrocyanide trihydrate" on it. If there are any iron its will turn red. WARNING: put not the ferrocyanide in concentrated acid, it will give toxic cyanide HCN gas.

My interest in this is the dirt he got on the glass tubes. It may contain fullerenes, CNT or graphene.
Seems that he is good at electronics but bad in chemistry.
It seems like all of this is easy enough to do, I hope someone will try to duplicate the experiment and report back to us if this is real.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Rick Meisinger wrote: It seems like all of this is easy enough to do, I hope someone will try to duplicate the experiment and report back to us if this is real.
Well that's really the issue, isn't it? Anyone can do this. Anyone can do it enough to weigh significant portions of the reactants. Contrary to what he's saying, quartz tubes are cheap.

http://quartzscientific.thomasnet.com/v ... &forward=1

Seems we ought to have real answers pretty quickly.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Torulf2

Post by Torulf2 »

I think I will test it. I have no time this weekend but maybe next. I have lots of things left from my old home chemistry lab. I will use a porcelain crucible covered by a pyrex flask.
I will test it for iron and try to extract fullerenes.

Enginerd

Post by Enginerd »

Rick Meisinger wrote:
Enginerd wrote:If this guy is convinced he is right, he should do a before and after check on his carbon with a mass spectrometer.
He has provided some before and after spectrum analysis in the link to the pdf.
I quickly read through the PDF and didn't see this noted. Can you find the claimed before and after elemental/isotopic composition, and transcribe it here?
--Philip K. Dick

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

hmmmm... not even our sun can fuse iron... most probably Silicon at most...

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Torulf2 wrote:I think I will test it. I have no time this weekend but maybe next. I have lots of things left from my old home chemistry lab. I will use a porcelain crucible covered by a pyrex flask.
I will test it for iron and try to extract fullerenes.
I would highly recommend a closer replication. Most porcelain ceramics include enough moisture that they heat appreciably in a microwave. This guy chose quartz for a reason and as I said, it's cheap stuff. Likewise, the notion of using an acoustic resonator seems intrinsic to generating enough energy to get the reaction. He has the stuff glowing brightly for minutes at a time. If you can't get that result, first place to look is the resonator itself.

I didn't see an explanation for using both powdered charcoal and pencil graphite, but glancing over the pdf, seems "powdered" or "dust" is important to whatever theory he's putting forth. I think he's saying there needs to be a mixture between the dust and any plasma generated. Just don't then see why you need the pencil lead.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

GIThruster wrote: Just don't then see why you need the pencil lead.
Maybe the pencil lead he uses (pencil lead being a mixture of graphite and clay) has clay that contains FeOx in the mixture and the graphite reduces the Fe.