10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

quixote

Re: 10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Post by quixote »

KitemanSA wrote:Umm, how would ordinary fusion change the isotopic ratio of mercury?
CFLs work with mercury vapor. If you did in fact get some kind of hot fusion, a natural consequence would be a change in the distribution of mercury isotopes. I haven't had a chance yet, but I thought it'd be interesting to look at the isotopes reported in the paper and compare them to the NNDC's database.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

I still don't get it. What is supposed to be hot fusing with what and how would that effect the mercury isotope ratio?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

quixote wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:
Asterix wrote:Larsen seems to see LENR everywhere. I suspect that he sees it in his cornflakes in the morning.

How about this:

http://cen.acs.org/articles/91/web/2013 ... otope.html
If the isotopes have changed during usage, what other process could be going on besides LENR?
What about ordinary fusion? Isn't a cfl basically a high-voltage, low-pressure plasma? If you ran it for years, would it be that surprising if you got tiny amounts of fusion?
FLs have been in use for decades. I would have been noticed I should think.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Rossi's latest claim is that the "military(?)" plant has been operating for at least 8000 hours and is mobile.

One must wonder how given until as of about 3 months ago 'it' was still sitting in a garage in Bologna. Unless of course you want to believe that Rossi built another one in a secret undisclosed location for his secret undisclosed customer that was also buying 13 more secretly constructed units that have secretly never been talked about again...
If the alleged secret owner has gotten 8000 hours out of Unit No. 1, why would he not take the other 13?

The Rossihole just keeps getting deeper. What a tangled web of fantastic lies.

<munches popcorn... wonders how long before the Rossilieweb implodes under it own weight and goes Nova. Munches more popcorn>
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

ladajo wrote:<munches popcorn... wonders how long before the Rossilieweb implodes under it own weight and goes Nova. Munches more popcorn>
It could be years, yet. Are there any Italian investors (aside from Proia who seems to be acting as a shill for Mr. R)? If not, there's probably no one with Italian legal standing to take him down.

This appears to be a key feature of all of these schemes--solicit money from non-nationals, so they can't touch you without expending great sums in legal fees.

That V.S. Travkin "Australian Institute of High Energetic Materials" affair looking to raise $5M carefully notes that the offer is not open to citizens of Australia--i.e. "We don't want your money if you can sue us for fraud." Merely offered as an example. I suspect that not many Italians have money in Rossi's venture.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Good point. I had not really thought of it clearly that way. Although, I am thinking that there is some mechanism to bring suit across borders. I guess in this case, the cost has yet to generate the desire. Maybe that is part of his strategy, limit single large $$$ points of contest. Much harder to bring a mulitnational class action, than to bring a single large plaintiff to the fray.

The more I watch this, the more I think Rossi will come to a bad end by the wrong sort of folks he inadvertently burns. Can you say bizarre car accident or shower slip? There are plenty of funny accent ill-gotten-gains dudes running around that he may unkowingly screw over via a second or third party "licensing".
And he is no stranger when it comes to making drug deals with organized crime, as shown in court records and convictions.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

quixote

Post by quixote »

MSimon wrote:FLs have been in use for decades. I would have been noticed I should think.
Of course. Hopefully no one is taking this too seriously, given which thread we're in. It's just that when reading the article, it occurred to me that I don't know much about fusion with the higher Z elements, so I thought it would be fun and educational to look at the mercury fusion chains and cross sections, and compare them to the isotopes they're finding in the bulbs after long-term use.

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

ladajo wrote:Good point. I had not really thought of it clearly that way. Although, I am thinking that there is some mechanism to bring suit across borders. I guess in this case, the cost has yet to generate the desire. Maybe that is part of his strategy, limit single large $$$ points of contest. Much harder to bring a mulitnational class action, than to bring a single large plaintiff to the fray.
And if even should that come about, the Italian justice system can be glacial when it comes to dispensing sentences for white-collar crimes. Take, for example, the Berlusconi corruption conviction--I wager that he never spends a day in prison because the appeal process will be endless. Rossi, I am certain, is aware of this.

I've been wondering how much of each license Roger Green keeps as a commission. If Rossi is ever exposed as a fraud, Green could simply state that he was a victim also, keep his commissions and go back to teaching Feng Shui.

I'm surprised he's not selling lunar and interplanetary licenses. When the rights for Betelgeuse come onto the market, I want a piece! :lol:

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Asterix wrote:I'm surprised he's not selling lunar and interplanetary licenses.
It doesn't make sense to sell those until we have a way to get there.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well he is a "visionary". Just ask any Rossibot. Oh, sorry, I forgot for a moment that they are below the population threshold for genetic sustainment. A doomed species.

Probably you can find one around the campfire in Aclandcave, where the few of them left tell each other how great things are as they do not notice one of themselves falling into the fire or backwards out of the circle occasionally, never to be seen again.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Interesting that some of the E-Cat news sites have given up on Rossi and his tech. This one is still going.

http://www.ecatnews.net/

I still think there's probably something to Rossi's devices, but not sure what. Still interested in all third-party observations of his machines.

Defkalion has some partnerships now, and they claim to be "moving slowly" so as not to wreak havoc on the poor energy industry with their awesome tech. :lol: I wonder if they've delivered anything yet? I do like their new graphic.

http://defkalion-energy.com/technology/
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Is that the apple that Eve was conned with?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

She apparently had a lot of spark.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

Would it not be really really fun to interview parallel et al. 20 years from now?
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I am happy to interview him now.
Q: "So what have you got?"
A: "Nuthin' but Rossisaid, with a little Rossisays."

So much for ordering a 1MW, and it will deliver in 3 months. (Still claimed)
Does anyone know of a 1MW anywhere that is operational beyond a Rossisaid? Nope, didn't think so.
I love the spin on the "Prototype" lab in Bologna. He started that nonsense once he was poked a few times over photos of the same unit never going anywhere.
Rossi never did explain how it was he kept saying the unit was owned by someone (changed hands a few times, but then ended up as Secret Military), and then after the fact claimed he built another at a secret location and delivered that one instead. Anyone remember the "needs gaskets" before delivery story?

I think it will be fun to watch now his lastest corner painting gets resolved, or not. His repeated promises of an Independent Third Party Test Report are worth watching with some popcorn for sure.

<munch...munch>