Thank you for the forum update

Discuss the talk-polywell site itself, including appearance, policies, and help-wanted requests from the administrators.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

palladin9479

Thank you for the forum update

Post by palladin9479 »

I want to thank the forum administrator and his staff for the new format. It includes a feature I've long desired, the ability to block individual users.

KitemanSA

Re: Thank you for the forum update

Post by KitemanSA »

My fav is the "first unread post"!

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

KitemanSA wrote:My fav is the "first unread post"!
Same here. While sifting through the thread to find the last one you've read helps remind a person where the discussion was at, sometimes it just takes too much time to figure that out. ;)

Teahive

Post by Teahive »

Thanks, indeed!
That's new? I suppose you mean something other than clicking on the little icon next to the thread title in the forum index.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Yup. Directly under "Members" which is in the top right hand set of links in a "View new posts" link.

Also, when you open a topic, at the top right of that topic is a "first unread post" link. I find them both quite handy.

Teahive

Post by Teahive »

KitemanSA wrote:Yup. Directly under "Members" which is in the top right hand set of links in a "View new posts" link.

Also, when you open a topic, at the top right of that topic is a "first unread post" link. I find them both quite handy.
Thanks, they're indeed quite handy!

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

I was on earlier today and trying to find out how to get back to the forum index. It was only available at the bottom of the page, so one had to scroll down and find it.

But right now, looks like that's been fixed! :D

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

Teahive wrote:Thanks, indeed!
That's new? I suppose you mean something other than clicking on the little icon next to the thread title in the forum index.
Actually, the new version fixed the icon next to the title as well. Before the upgrade clicking the icon to jump to the first unread post in a thread would jump me to that post, but it would mark ALL unread posts as read at that point. Made it hard to actually catch up on things when the first thing you read clears the indicators for everything else you haven't read yet.

I'm really liking the upgrade.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

You can switch between prosilver and subsilver2 in user settings as well.

I am still not sure I am happy with the subsilver2 color pallete. Bolding does not seem to show up as well in subsilver2 colors.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)