Joe Eck hits Tc=86F

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

DeltaV

Joe Eck hits Tc=86F

Post by DeltaV »

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Has anyone been able to do anything with any of these indications or are they still at the laboratory curiosity level?

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

They are all still at low volume fraction of the desired material. Seems like Joe is focused on trailblazing the Tc and hoping others will contribute to process improvement.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

DeltaV wrote:They are all still at low volume fraction of the desired material. Seems like Joe is focused on trailblazing the Tc and hoping others will contribute to process improvement.
Given the amount of time similar effects have been known (I was looking into this 5 years ago), my best guess at this time is that they are intrinsic to the mixtures. i.e. separating out the components destroys the effect.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

analysis

Post by analysis »

There is no real evidence that the observed signal, most probably due too a crystal phase change, is indeed related with a superconducting state. J. Eck does not show the complete temperature scan and the signal is very noisy.

There is no need for further optimization of his structures at this time state. The next milestone is the yield optimization of the claimed structures to get a proper signal and observe real superconducting properties.