Are the Uniforms getting Darker?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Are the Uniforms getting Darker?

Post by Diogenes »

TSA Rifles Through Bags, Conducts Pat Downs At Paul Ryan Event

The TSA has also announced its intention to expand the VIPR program to include roadside inspections of commercial vehicles, setting up a network of internal checkpoints and rolling out security procedures already active in airports, bus terminals and subway stations to roads and highways across the United States.
An older version used to be known as the STA, as in GESTAPO.

http://www.infowars.com/tsa-rifles-thro ... yan-event/
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Not a fan of the TSA nor their crotch checks. This whole thing has gone a bit too far.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Jefferson said it all ...

http://jpetrie.myweb.uga.edu/TJ.html

There are a bunch in there, but these two are short classics:

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

And then there is his comment on government health care:

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ScottL wrote:Not a fan of the TSA nor their crotch checks. This whole thing has gone a bit too far.

I find the idea offensive that these people should even presume to move their operation outside of an airport.

OMFG! Seriously? The notion that we would have a national police force asking people for their "papers" along traffic roadways, or at any public event ought to have people seriously considering the consequences of what form of government it is to which this behavior belongs.

It is bad enough that we should have to tolerate such activities at an airport where you at least have the justifiable argument that a single person intent on no good can kill many people if they can manage to cause a plane crash, but on trains, buses, and ordinary street traffic? Ya gotta be kiddin me!

The TSA needs to keep it's ass at the airport where it is minisculey justified. I regard it's actions with extreme distrust, and I think we need to whack that dog across the nose before it presumes to turn vicious.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Diogenes wrote:
ScottL wrote:Not a fan of the TSA nor their crotch checks. This whole thing has gone a bit too far.

I find the idea offensive that these people should even presume to move their operation outside of an airport.

OMFG! Seriously? The notion that we would have a national police force asking people for their "papers" along traffic roadways, or at any public event ought to have people seriously considering the consequences of what form of government it is to which this behavior belongs.

It is bad enough that we should have to tolerate such activities at an airport where you at least have the justifiable argument that a single person intent on no good can kill many people if they can manage to cause a plane crash, but on trains, buses, and ordinary street traffic? Ya gotta be kiddin me!

The TSA needs to keep it's ass at the airport where it is minisculey justified. I regard it's actions with extreme distrust, and I think we need to whack that dog across the nose before it presumes to turn vicious.
Preaching to the choir on this one. They're over-stepping their weak mandate and as I mentioned before, I didn't enjoy my pat-down. I don't blame the employees, but they do form a small army for this organization and I don't like it.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

At what point did we stop being the rebel alliance and start becoming the evil empire?? :( When I was growing up we were the good guys, no doubt in my mind, now not so sure....
One of the Friends of our family was a Catholic nun put into a concentration camp by her brother for not signing a loyalty oath. As kids she would tell us story's and show us her tattoo and told us the warning signs and how we should never let this happen again. It seem to me we are creeping closer and closer to that line every day. The same way it happened to her.
You dont throw a rat into boiling water he will climb out and bite you. you put him in the pot and slowwing turn on the heat. That way he will sit there and cook without complaint bathing in the warmth becuase it felt good until it was to late. Or maybe I am just getting old and like to complain :wink:

seedload

Post by seedload »

paperburn1 wrote:You dont throw a rat into boiling water he will climb out and bite you. you put him in the pot and slowwing turn on the heat. That way he will sit there and cook without complaint bathing in the warmth becuase it felt good until it was to late.
Who puts live rats in boiling water? Sick bastards!

Ignoring the obvious sensationalism of the referenced website and the OP, I do agree that the TSA should stick to airports.
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

[/quote]Who puts live rats in boiling water? Sick bastards!

Ignoring the obvious sensationalism of the referenced website and the OP, I do agree that the TSA should stick to airports.[/quote]
hey you don't question a nun that knows about boiled rat :D

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

paperburn1 wrote:

hey you don't question a nun that knows about boiled rat :D[/quote]
http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense ... ment_.html

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

paperburn1 wrote:
paperburn1 wrote:

hey you don't question a nun that knows about boiled rat :D
http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense ... ment_.html[/quote]

This story ought to be included in my "Skynet is Coming" thread.
— Lord Melbourne —

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

Given that in about 2 weeks, my provincial government is most likely going to be formed by a fascist party, I sympathize with you folks.

With the police stopping people in Arizona on the chance they might not be citizens, and the above TSA article; i think we are headed down the same road if Romney wins.

Not enough people are learning their history properly, so they are apparently going to repeat it.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Not enough people are learning their history properly, so they are apparently going to repeat it.
But Stubby, dont you know that this could never happen in the US, because these are christian americans and not stupid atheist German devil worshippers?

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Skipjack wrote:
But Stubby, dont you know that this could never happen in the US, because these are christian americans and not stupid atheist German devil worshippers?

To be sure, it is the German Acting Stupid Atheists that seem to be at the root of most of this stuff... The worst you have to fear from the Christians is being preached at and bored to death.
— Lord Melbourne —

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

To be sure, it is the German Acting Stupid Atheists that seem to be at the root of most of this stuff... The worst you have to fear from the Christians is being preached at and bored to death.
Who signed the patriot act into law again?
IIRC, both conservative republicans and democrats signed the NDAA in equal agreement. The only ones against it were the libertarians like Ron Paul.

seedload

Post by seedload »

Stubby wrote:Given that in about 2 weeks, my provincial government is most likely going to be formed by a fascist party, I sympathize with you folks.

With the police stopping people in Arizona on the chance they might not be citizens, and the above TSA article; i think we are headed down the same road if Romney wins.

If Romney wins?

The sensationalized article referenced is about things that are happening with Obama as President. The street stops so awkwardly referenced in the article are being carried out by Philly cops on the orders of a Democratic Mayor, not by the TSA or any other federal institution, and not related to Homeland Security.

I agree that the Patriot Act is a bad thing and that it should go, but saying that anything that has happened is an indication that we are heading towards fascism, somehow enhanced by Romney winning, is a bit over the top.

Republicans are far from being fascists.
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!