Tri alpha at NIWeek.

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Torulf2

Tri alpha at NIWeek.

Post by Torulf2 »

Simone Primavera, from Tri Alpha Energy speaks at a cold fusion meting?
I'm not sure. Much of it is in Italian.
Look at the NIWeek Speaker list.
http://22passi.blogspot.it/

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Not a cold fusion meeting per se. NIWeek is a conference put on by National Instruments, the developers of scientific instruments, notably the LabVIEW software. NI seems to be courting the cold fusion market this year. Daniele Passerini and others seem to take NI's interest as evidence that Rossi convinced them (during his brief "collaboration" with NI) that LENR is real. Others see NI's interest as nothing more than that the company saw a market, and decided to pursue it.

It appears Simone Primavera will be presenting a poster on behalf of Tri Alpha Energy at the "Big Physics and Science Poster Session" on August 8th, 4:45-5:45 PM (CDT, presumably).

EDIT: There's a Simone Primavera on the staff of the Physics and Astronomy Department at UC Irvine. I'm going to guess it's the same person. There's also someone by the same name on LinkedIn who lives in Orange County, CA, and whose current career is "Control Engineer at Research Company". Most probably the same person.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

kurt9

Post by kurt9 »

I've done some LabView programming. Its used mostly in scientific instrumentation and data acquisition. Despite the availability of a RTOS version, LabView is not used much for control. LabView actually dominates the scientific instrumentation marketplace. its a very powerful development tool.

Tri-alpha did post a job for a PLC control system engineer two years ago, which I applied for. I was too late (they had already hired someone), but they told me they were looking for a LabView programmer.

If NI is targeting the LENR market, its because there are more people working on it and that it is very much in the development phase (Labview is not used for control, PLC's are).

randomencounter

Post by randomencounter »

As a note, this only validates the market not the results.

Hopefully getting good quality gear into the hands of more researchers will accelerate the pace of getting straight answers as to whether any of these effects exist and can be made useful.

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

This is not a cold fusion meeting.

It is NI's annual big physics meeting.

NI does not just make labview, they also make many types of controllers that are included in everything from the sputter tools I use, to the instrumentation in the LHC.

Incidentally, if you are at all interested in cold fusion, here is a link to Dr. Robert Duncan's cold fusion talk hosted at NI from June 28.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC ... _CcPYPOY4g

The market argument for NI hosting cold fusion at the big physics meeting is silly. The number of people actually working on cold fusion is minuscule. NI has probably made more money selling equipment to my university alone this year, than to all the cold fusion researchers in the world.