10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

parallel

Post by parallel »

According to Arthur C Clarke rules, once scientists can eat enough everyday without hunting for budgets, they are of no scientific value (too old).

Is that your problem tomclarke? You seem typical of the closed mindedness I see in the academic world these days.
See http://e-catsite.com/2012/05/07/mit-phy ... n-funding/ for a current example.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

rcain wrote:
tomclarke wrote:...
So he is clever at being stupid.
"More cunning than a fox who has just graduated from the university of cunning"
Hundun?

seedload

Post by seedload »

KitemanSA wrote:So, how long is "currently"?
Apparently how ever long is required to use it to continue to excuse Rossi's clear falsehoods as misunderstandings.

Does it bother you that you find yourself modulating your explanations for Rossi's slip ups into narrower and narrower bands of improbable failures to communicate?
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

parallel wrote:According to Arthur C Clarke rules, once scientists can eat enough everyday without hunting for budgets, they are of no scientific value (too old).

Is that your problem tomclarke? You seem typical of the closed mindedness I see in the academic world these days.
See http://e-catsite.com/2012/05/07/mit-phy ... n-funding/ for a current example.
one person's close mindedness is another's discernment. It is a mistake to believe that unthinking support for fringe science is virtuous.
http://pesn.com/
have actually got some neat engineering - e.g. cyclone engine - but mixed in with a whole load of rubbish/scam like intelligentry.

parallel

Post by parallel »

tomclarke,
one person's close mindedness is another's discernment. It is a mistake to believe that unthinking support for fringe science is virtuous.
Why is it "unthinking support" to want to research LENR at MIT? There is plenty of experimental evidence for it.

Earlier you claimed you didn't believe LENR because no replication had been carried out or there were measurement errors. Yet when someone wants to check it out you agree the effort should be rejected - because it goes against your belief that LENR doesn't happen. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Axil

Post by Axil »

In 1905 the three epochal papers of the hitherto completely unknown Albert Einstein were published in the journal Annalen der Physik. Planck was among the few who immediately recognized the significance of the special theory of relativity. Thanks to his influence this theory was soon widely accepted in Germany. Planck also contributed considerably to extend the special theory of relativity.

What would have happened to Albert Einstein had Planck not seen the true in Einstein’s work, and what would our science look like today?

Planck saw something in the ideas of Einstein that no one else at that time saw. Planck read the paper and was able to see the truth in it. He took it seriously and evaluated it on its merits. He had enough self confidence in his own ability to stand up for the truth he saw within.

Discernment yes, a connoisseur of the true must root through the rubbish and the scam, but he must first be willing to make the effort and not be discouraged or follow doctrinaire.

In nuclear reactions assisted by resonant crystal or dusty plasma reactions, the age‐old trial‐and‐error method is the only way forward. Science relies on and revels in intuition, hard work, and pure luck. Therefore this kind of man on the street science is an evolutionary path to the next great leap forward. Just like in the origins of species, there are countless failures at the whim of luckless chance but on very rare occasion, success springs forth. This success is too valuable to pass by.

Science as an institution will always suppress and will keep on suppressing it, to our greatest peril.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

That has no bearing on Rossi being a liar and an idiot.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

No data yet, but some pretty pics have been posted by DGT:
PRAXEN DEFKALION GREEN TECHNOLOGIES GLOBAL
CONTINUES TO WORK HARD ON ALL NECESSARY STEPS TO
INTRODUCE ITS HYPERION PROTOTYPE WITH EXPECTED
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS IN THE COMING MONTHS.

BELOW ARE SOME PICTURES FOR RELEASE SHOWING OUR
PROGRESS DURING THIRD PARTY TESTS AND OUR NEW TEST
FACILITY AND LABORATORY PREPARATIONS.
http://www.defkalion-energy.com/files/2 ... sFinal.pdf

I notice some faces blotted out in some of the photos. Don't know if that is a good or bad sign.

Discussion of the DGT release at Vortex:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l%40 ... 65653.html

DGT also updated there employment opportunities again (38 positions):

http://www.defkalion-energy.com/jobs

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Actually, if you zoom on the pdf, you can read the numbers on the charts.

Looks like it is time for Rossi to put up or shut up with his fantastical dribble. DGT is actually trying to do something, not just spin a changing story about doing something.

I would also point out that one chart seems to show 5K in to 7.5K out. Positive, but not encouraging.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

DGT is also playing the bait and switch game like Rossi. A small reminder that originally the test results (and not just those) were meant to be published... Where are they?

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

Skipjack wrote:DGT is also playing the bait and switch game like Rossi. A small reminder that originally the test results (and not just those) were meant to be published... Where are they?
I think of DGT as Rossi Mk II. Same game, but much shinier and better at playing it.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I think of DGT as Rossi Mk II. Same game, but much shinier and better at playing it.
I see nothing that contradicts this statement.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

R: Yes, we are waiting for the requirements of the certificators before making the software of the robotized line which will produce the domestic plants. While for what concerns the one megawatt plants, the certification has practically already been given and we will receive it officially within weeks. And we are preparing already the instruction manuals which are based on the requirements established by the certificator.

F: Will that mean that you will be free to manufacture your one megawatt plants as many as you want?

R: Yes. This is correct.

F: I see. With the one megawatt plants, are these being manufactured in the United States or in Italy or can you say?

R: Yes, they are manufactured both in Italy at the moment and in the United States, because it is quite convenient because otherwise there should be heavy customs to pay that would increase the price in a relevant measure, And also the transportation costs can increase the price, but mainly the customs that would affect the price up to 20%. So it is convenient that they are manufactured in the area where they will be utilized. So far we have orders in the United States and in Europe. So we have organized in these two areas
More Rossi lies. We have factories, we don't have factories, we are certified, we are not certified. Our factory is in the US, it is not in the US...

Elsewhere he comments (as best you can tell) that the 1MW is still in the garage in Bologna, but will be sold and delivered now in July.
How many times has it been sold now? How many times has it been delivered?

He is now claiming outright that another (never seen) 1MW was built and sold to the US military in the US. So what did he really mean when he told Florida BRC that there are no Ecats in the US? Nor any made in the US?

Hole, deeper.

parallel

Post by parallel »

tomclarke,
You never responded to my question,
"Why is it "unthinking support" to want to research LENR at MIT? There is plenty of experimental evidence for it. "

Might steal a few bricks from that cathedral to science called ITER?

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

parallel wrote:tomclarke,
You never responded to my question,
"Why is it "unthinking support" to want to research LENR at MIT? There is plenty of experimental evidence for it. "

Might steal a few bricks from that cathedral to science called ITER?
I've never said research on LENR at MIT would be unthinking support. However the problem is LACK OF research on LENR, and LACK OF experimental evidence.

All we need is one replicable unambiguous experimental result. The Hagelstein etc crowd claim their stuff is replicable. Which makes it all the more strange that having been working on this stuff for 5 years + the results they obtain are still ambiguous.