Recovery.Gov Project Tracker

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

Rarely, gifted cattle are allowed to serve at the higher levels. But one must not ask for it. Automatic disqualification. If selected, one day you will just disappear from your regular life, sent on a one-way trip to the enclave of the adepts. It has been found better, however, to just breed the required workers onsite, from an approved gene pool (with occasional injections of non-adept DNA to reduce inbreeding issues). A feasible approach only for projects taking decades, or centuries.

"Apprentice Krenshala, you were selected because of your unique blend of cyber and Polywell knowledge. You should be grateful for this opportunity to serve..."

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

DeltaV wrote:Rarely, gifted cattle are allowed to serve at the higher levels. But one must not ask for it. Automatic disqualification. If selected, one day you will just disappear from your regular life, sent on a one-way trip to the enclave of the adepts. It has been found better, however, to just breed the required workers onsite, from an approved gene pool (with occasional injections of non-adept DNA to reduce inbreeding issues). A feasible approach only for projects taking decades, or centuries.

"Apprentice Krenshala, you were selected because of your unique blend of cyber and Polywell knowledge. You should be grateful for this opportunity to serve..."
It happens.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

Now that this thread is basically fulfilled in purpose, I suppose now I'll just be checking these forums for 3 other purposes:

1: to see what ladajo comes up with for the other newer contract (end of 2013 is important, right?)
2: promethiusfusionperfection/Iran/private university/non emc2 polywells
3: views of those here on focus fusion as they announce news. Very exciting.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

A smidgeon of real, recent Polywell data, allowed through the Navy's firewall, would cure my psychosis. At least, damp it down for a while.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

DeltaV wrote:Rarely, gifted cattle are allowed to serve at the higher levels. But one must not ask for it. Automatic disqualification. If selected, one day you will just disappear from your regular life, sent on a one-way trip to the enclave of the adepts. It has been found better, however, to just breed the required workers onsite, from an approved gene pool (with occasional injections of non-adept DNA to reduce inbreeding issues). A feasible approach only for projects taking decades, or centuries.

I don't understand how Obama got sent back from Mars. I mean if he was picked to go, why didn't he stay? Why do we know who he is? I am confused (again).
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

bennmann wrote:Now that this thread is basically fulfilled in purpose, I suppose now I'll just be checking these forums for 3 other purposes:

1: to see what ladajo comes up with for the other newer contract (end of 2013 is important, right?)
Ask, and ye shall receive...

https://www.neco.navy.mil/synopsis_file ... ted_JA.pdf

A very good read indeed.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

And as further evidence...

FBO

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

ladajo wrote:
bennmann wrote:Now that this thread is basically fulfilled in purpose, I suppose now I'll just be checking these forums for 3 other purposes:

Ask, and ye shall receive...

A very good read indeed.
Looks like the Navy likes Polywell.

Presumably the science review is recent. Good that scaling holds up so far but I guess the injection problems have prevented high beta. So we do not yet know what monsters lurk there? But anyway it is not failing yet, which is very good! And delays/silence are due to engineerable issues about injection.

Mike_P

Post by Mike_P »

Tried it and got:

Invalid Server Certificate
You attempted to reach www.neco.navy.mil, but the server presented an invalid certificate.
You cannot proceed because the website operator has requested heightened security for this domain.

Apparently the Navy doesn't like me..

RobL

Post by RobL »

ladajo wrote: Ask, and ye shall receive...

A very good read indeed.
So if I read correctly funding of an additional $5.3million over next 2 years to work on the problem of pumping electrons into the Polywell (guess that supports 5-15 staff). Big new pulsed power supply to support the electron guns (100+A, 10kV). WB-8 has been operating at 0.8T

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Mike_P wrote:Tried it and got:

Invalid Server Certificate
You attempted to reach www.neco.navy.mil, but the server presented an invalid certificate.
You cannot proceed because the website operator has requested heightened security for this domain.

Apparently the Navy doesn't like me..
Did you try the FBO link? It leads to the same documentation.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Here is the front page NECO link:

NECO

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

I just tried that and got the same thing I got at work.

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Possibly this is some DOD firewall feature?

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

RobL wrote:
ladajo wrote: Ask, and ye shall receive...

A very good read indeed.
So if I read correctly funding of an additional $5.3million over next 2 years to work on the problem of pumping electrons into the Polywell (guess that supports 5-15 staff). Big new pulsed power supply to support the electron guns (100+A, 10kV). WB-8 has been operating at 0.8T
can you guys give us more information? Some of us cant get access to the PDF. They have problems pumping electrons into the system? Their electron gun isnt big enough? that just sounds weird to the point that it's almost funny. Just if they know what well depth they're going to try to get, they should know around what type of drive voltage the gun need to be able to have...

I remember someone said the sydney experiment was just in the low bata regime. As you increase the B field, does the electrons have more of a hard time getting in, so maybe to achieve the same well depth with lower B fields, you will have to amp up the drive voltage more?

Just seem weird that this is a problem, maybe they've always used the same gun, and they knew it wouldnt be enough one day? LOL.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

quixote

Post by quixote »

Uploaded to google docs for those who can't figure out the ssl issue.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B91Rvu ... TE0Wkg1R0E

In the middle of point (3), it mentions an ion beam device. Wondering about people's thoughts on how that relates to the conversation in the other thread re: beam issues?