More EEStor news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

energyfan

More EEStor news

Post by energyfan »

Press Release

EEStor Announces Certification of Additional Key Production Milestones and Enhancement of Chemical Purity

CEDAR PARK, Texas, July 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Edward D. Golla, PhD,
Laboratory Director for Texas Research International (acting as an
independent agent) has certified that EEStor, Inc. test equipment,
procedures, and techniques are capable of providing the EEStor, Inc.
required testing accuracy for EEStor's chemicals and powder production
processing analyses.

Since the beginning of 2007, EEStor, Inc. has been advancing its
chemical purification and powder production processes. The decision to
focus on these processes was made to help assure that EEStor, Inc. could
meet the most critical demands of business segments for production
throughput, cost, and energy storage. The certification data described in
this press release will assist in indicating the success EEStor, Inc. has
had in completing its objectives.

EEStor, Inc. has achieved success on one of its most critical technical
milestones and that is the certification of the completeness of the powder
crystallization of the constituents utilized in producing its CMBT powders.
The percent of the constituents crystallized in the CMBT powders ranged
from 99.57% to 100.00% with the average being 99.92%. This level of
crystallization provides the path for the possibility of EEStor, Inc.
providing the published energy storage for present products and major
advancements in energy storage for future products.

The purification of the EEStor, Inc. chemicals has been certified by
the same chemical analysis company as EEStor's press release dated January
17, 2007 and now indicates that EEStor has improved its chemical purity to
the parts-per-billion range. The aluminum oxide particle coating material
purification has been certified to be in the parts-per-trillion level.
Achieving these levels of purification are additional major factors in
allowing EEStor, Inc. the potential to reach its target working voltage.
EEStor, Inc. has certification data from outside sources that purified
aluminum oxide, in the range that EEStor, Inc. has certified, can have a
voltage breakdown of 1,100 volts per micron. The target working voltage of
EEStor's chemical processes is at 350 volts per micron. This provides the
potential for excellent protection from voltage breakdown.

It has also been certified by Mr. Ian Treviranus of HORIBA Instruments,
Inc. and the LA-950 particle measurement system that EEStor, Inc. has
achieved their goal of producing powder particles in the range of 1 micron
with a very narrow particle size distribution. EEStor, Inc. has
certification data that indicates achieving powder particle of this size
and distribution along with the aluminum oxide particle coating assists
EEStor, Inc. in meeting the energy storage stabilization over the
temperature range of interest for key applications.

EEStor, Inc. published patent, application number 5812758, indicates
the flexible matrix concept that could provide the potential of multiple
technical and production advantages. One of the technical advantages
indicated is assisting in providing polarization of the ultra capacitors.
Polarization along with other proprietary processing steps provides the
potential of a polarization saturation voltage required by EEStor, Inc.

These key certified production milestones of particle crystallization,
size, purity, and polarization are expected to assist EEStor in providing
not only present and future energy storage requirements but also production
consistency.

ABOUT EEStor, Inc.

Headquartered in Cedar Park, Texas, EEStor, Inc. is dedicated to the
design, development, and manufacturing of high-density electrical energy
storage units.

Utilizing revolutionary ultra capacitor architecture and
environmentally friendly materials the EEStor, Inc. EESU will have the
capability to compete against all existing battery and capacitor
technologies.

For additional information please email info@eestor.us

Skytreker

Post by Skytreker »

Excellent!

Thanx for the briefing, energyfan. It looks like the guys at EESTOR are making a steady progress towards achieving their main goals. I hope that they will prove their critics wrong that have been capitalizing on the fact that the company kept a low profile and there were not many media updates on their work.

Instead of loosing time trying to appease skeptics EESTOR were busy developing their technology.

gblaze42

Re: More EEStor news

Post by gblaze42 »

energyfan wrote:Press Release

EEStor Announces Certification of Additional Key Production Milestones and Enhancement of Chemical Purity
...snip...

I apologize in advance for "cloaking and un-cloaking' and don't mean to be rude.

I'm still waiting to see something, a video or pictures of a prototype or something before I believe them. The claims just seem to be incredible. One of the claims is that a power pack using EEStor's "Capacitors" could be charged within 15 minutes and have the energy density to drive a car ?

If my calculations are correct 10 gallons (us) of gasoline has an energy equivalence of approximately 377.778 kilowatt hours or roughly 1,360,000,000 watt-seconds. I estimate at 200 V we get roughly 453,334 A per minute for 15 minutes! Of course the voltage and amperage are variable, maybe it's me but I find this to be an incredible amount of energy! I'd hate to be standing in a puddle if I dropped that cable.

Greg

/Cloaking once again.

Post by 93143 »

I believe they plan to run their car power packs at 3500 V. Probably the charging cable would have some sort of safety system to prevent accidental discharge when not plugged into a car...

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Post by JoeStrout »

Not to be negative here, but this is one of the most content-devoid press releases I've ever seen. They've been working on this for years, and what they have to show for that effort is that their test equipment has now been certified?!?

This really smells to me like an attempt to string investors along. Somebody was ordered to put out a press release to give some semblance of life, and this was all they could come up with. And in fact, even this isn't new — they made pretty much the same "now certified to be able to prove our chemical purity!" claim back in January of 2007. And at that time, they were still claiming that they'd be shipping 15 kWh units to ZENN Motor Company in 2007. Now here it is, with 2008 half over, not a single unit shipped, and all they have to announce is that their test equipment is, once again, certifiably able to test things.

I really wanted to believe in EESTOR, but I'm now reduced to wondering how long they can keep this sham up.

Best,
- Joe
Joe Strout
Talk-Polywell.org site administrator

pstudier

Post by pstudier »

Good points, Joe! Has anyone outside the company seen a sample capacitor?
Fusion is easy, but break even is horrendous.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Maybe Dr. Nebel will share the EMC2 views on the safety of high voltage capacitors.

I'm not gonna get in the car with 'em, without some really good reason to think they're not bombs.

just_an_observer

JoeStrout - read up on EESTOR here

Post by just_an_observer »

http://bariumtitanate.blogspot.com/

This blogger has been able to get the CEO of EESTOR on the phone and he has lot's of other contacts that have given input on the press release - the gist - according to Richard Weir, CEO of EESTOR, is that these are steps they have taken that are required for them to get to the PERMITIVITY they are trying to achieve - without these intermediate results, there is no breakthrough. They are releasing information in bits and pieces - no rush to dump it all at once. They are funded, and are already commencing with construction on a new production facility. This press release was important because it stated several things that they would be required to achieve technologically to be able to go into production. Dick Weir has been quoted about releasing information "in the near" future, and he's been keeping his word. Additional info will be following in the weeks and months ahead - they are committed to achieving production by the end of the year and the first production models will go to ZENN to power their electric cars. The blog above is a pretty good read - lot's of info. I'd say this is much more likely than blacklight power right now.

observer

gblaze42

Post by gblaze42 »

93143 wrote:I believe they plan to run their car power packs at 3500 V. Probably the charging cable would have some sort of safety system to prevent accidental discharge when not plugged into a car...
Even so, now you have extremely high voltage and thousands of amps.There will have to be some kind of safety system to handle that kind of amperage and voltage safely for every day use, and that will take technology advancements by itself.

Maui

Post by Maui »

JoeStrout wrote:This really smells to me like an attempt to string investors along.
Yeah, think you must be right...

But still I have to wonder what Lockheed saw that made them go through the trouble of inking a deal. (this was probably discussed before and I missed it?) Also, suppose it is a true sham-- wouldn't you think they might actually have the time to come up with something a little more exciting? Could it really be that they are busy enough with a real product that they are not so concerned with making themselves sexy to investors? (for example, hire a student to create a website)

just_an_observer

Maui

Post by just_an_observer »

Interestingly you guys bring up negative points that have been discussed extensively elsewhere - Lockheed invested because they've seen the production line and did their due diligence. And they are already beginning to build another production. They don't have a website up because they don't want the PR right now. Word is that it's almost done being built. They also don't need new investors right now, because they are already funded enough to go into production. Later as they build additional production lines, they may be expected to raise more funds. But they've stated they'll be licensing the technology out. These guys are going to make serious money on royalties. When they launch, they claim they will be full production ready shipping production EESU's, NOT prototypes. They are not making announcements to say "hey, we have a great idea". According to the CEO they've already built prototypes (in the last 5 years) with the technology they had at the time. They've made improvements since then, and have perfected the production line so they can mass produce the EESU's. If you guys look at the CEO/inventor's background, he has a solid background. He's not a scammer.

BSPhysics

Post by BSPhysics »

Does anyone else see a perfect storm of potential technologies all maturing about 10 - 15 years from now? The synergy of high density supercapacitors, polywell fusion, and robotics/AI will change everything from how we travel to international politics. Usually, world changing technologies hit us one at a time. This is something very, very different.

Just trying to get my arms around the enormity of this extremely fascinating time. Crossing fingers.

BS

scareduck

Post by scareduck »

Not sure it matters, not sure it doesn't. If the problem is really purity, then this all makes sense. Otherwise it's whitewash.

scareduck

Post by scareduck »

BSPhysics wrote:Just trying to get my arms around the enormity of this extremely fascinating time. Crossing fingers.
You know, it would be nice to be able to see Mt. Baldy from the Orange County border on an August day.

Jeff Peachman

Post by Jeff Peachman »

BSPhysics wrote:Does anyone else see a perfect storm of potential technologies all maturing about 10 - 15 years from now? The synergy of high density supercapacitors, polywell fusion, and robotics/AI will change everything from how we travel to international politics. Usually, world changing technologies hit us one at a time. This is something very, very different.

Just trying to get my arms around the enormity of this extremely fascinating time. Crossing fingers.

BS
You read my mind.

I'm a little suspicious, though, because it seems too good to be true.

But if they're not looking for investors, why would they be trying to scam us?
- Jeff Peachman