10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

edmeserve

Re: The NanoSpire system

Post by edmeserve »

stefanbanev wrote:
Axil wrote:http://www.pr.com/press-release/389652

and more to the point See:

http://www.nanospireinc.com/Fusion.html

Group, what is your opinion of the NanoSpire system?

The NanoSpire system uses an intense form of cavatation in various forms of industrial processes

I am interested in the O-H crystals that are produced in the NanoSpire system they call a van der waals crystal.
NanoSpire, Inc., discovered a crystalline form of water produced by cavitation, while investigating cavitation machining with the jets. Many of the jets were faceted and possessed tremendous electrostatic charge.
Instead, I believe this crystal is really a type of Rydberg crystal.

The intense electrostatic dipolar field produced by this crystal type may be able to mask the coulomb barrier thereby allowing transmutation of elements.

NanoSpire has done some R&D to characterize this central form and its description is very close to a two dimensional Rydberg crystal form.

I believe that Rydberg crystals are doing the same thing in the Rossi system.

The source of this electric field is the coherent and highly polarized Rydberg crystals that float near the surface of the nickel.

This dipole field is very powerful with a strength that can exceed 1,000,000,000,000 times the dipole strength of a hydrogen atom in the ground state.

This power is provided by a 1000 atom crystal at a principle quantum excitation number of 100.
>"the LeClair Effect theory and the profound discoveries based on it pose a serious quantum theory challenge to the classical understanding of Newton’s Laws of Motion and the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics."

It is quite suicidal to put such statement on one of front pages; if they are not smart enough to recognize it... well.... Even if this is the case such conclusion should indirectly follow from rationals. This story sounds as engineered BS...
I've been lurking in the forums for a while now, and when I saw Mark LeClair and Nanospire mentioned, I just had to register and put in my two bits and share my close encounter.

Mark LeClair gave a presentation to faulty and students at the University of Southern Maine last fall on his use of micro cavitations for precision machining and milling nano particles. The not heavily attended (maybe 20 people), so I sat in the front row of our lecture hall.

Before he began is talk, a couple of us were talking to him. He mentioned his experience working with the navy and began drifting into what he was working on currently. Then he leaned closer to us, like he was sharing a secret, a strange look came across his face, and said that he was working on a cold fusion project. Like his announced claims, he told us that he had transmuted water 'all the way up the periodic chart', and that he had been part of the only nuclear incident in the history of Maine. I've lived here all my life, and I don't recall any such incident in the news, or anything that could have been confused with it.

Then he started talking about how 'this guy Rossi in Italy' stole his idea, and how the power brokers in Washington had allowed it to happen. I had the definite feeling that he was trying to sell something, almost AMWay-ish.
He had to cut it short because it was time to give his presentation, which too, had some fairly extraordinary claims about the level of precision he could achieve with his process.
One of the faculty asked if he could arrange a demonstration, and he replied that he might be able to do something. I haven't heard anything since then.:roll:

Ed

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Now this is funny:

http://www.defkalion-energy.com/forum/v ... 7&start=20
““All official test by the Greek Authorities are in progress. We have already answered which are the Ministries that, by law, have designated related authorities and labs to run such tests:

-Ministry of Regional Development/Industry
-Ministry of Environment/Energy
-Ministry of Education and Research

As stated in the Press Conference and in other topics in this forum, the results and the protocols of all tests will be published in Defkalion’s site uppon issuing of Certificates.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Wash, rinse, repeat. Continue for 8 months.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Wash, rinse, repeat. Wash, rinse, repeat. Continue for 8 months.
They are changing the rules again, eh? Who would have guessed? ;)

PieEconomics

NanoSpire

Post by PieEconomics »

I recently emailed NanoSpire about their press release seeking investors.

I was shocked about what they wrote back, and have been doing extensive due diligence, which you can find on this page of my blog, called "Cold Fusion, Comedy?": http://pieeconomics.blogspot.com/p/cold ... omedy.html

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

News on the DGT Greek Government test from Ny Teknik:

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_m ... 419346.ece
Alexandros Xanthoulis, representative of the investors...said that two of the seven international groups have already carried out their tests and that the last of those tests is scheduled for late March. He did not say when or if the test results will be published.

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

ladajo wrote:Now this is funny:

http://www.defkalion-energy.com/forum/v ... 7&start=20

The website appears dead for day...

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Kahuna wrote:News on the DGT Greek Government test from Ny Teknik:

Alexandros Xanthoulis, representative of the investors...said that two of the seven international groups have already carried out their tests and that the last of those tests is scheduled for late March. He did not say when or if the test results will be published.
I am afraid that you can not imagine high big current problems Greek Government has. Very unlikely that "high level representatives of Greek Government" would be engaged with such things. How “high” that level is? Head of Department of State Research Institute, Director of Institute, Head of Department of Ministry of Since, Minister of Since, Deputy PM or Prime Minister himself?

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Also of interest from the Ny Teknik article:

In the last months also Andrea Rossi says he has been continuing to develop his technology. As Defkalion's technology it's based on nickel and hydrogen, possibly participating in a hitherto unknown nuclear reaction.

On February 20, 2012 Rossi performed a demonstration to show the actual level of development. Among the participants was chemist Roland Pettersson, retired Associate Professor from the University of Uppsala, who also attended a test of Rossi's E-cat on 6 October 2011.

Roland Pettersson told Ny Teknik that the system was now much more stable. A new set of control electronics was used and the system was started just pushing a button. However, no energy measurement was performed.

The E-cat was apparently operated without refilling from a hydrogen canister. Instead the hydrogen was supposedly stored in a piece of solid material – possibly in a metal hydride. The material contained a few grams of hydrogen gas which would last for six months of operation, according to Rossi.

If hydrogen is stored in this manner, certification of a consumer product based on the technology should be much easier than if a canister is included in the system.

Roland Pettersson and other participants were also shown a prototype of the consumer version of the E-cat that Rossi says he is planning to manufacture in a robotized factory. As previously stated by Rossi it was slightly larger than an ordinary laptop, and had simple connections for input and output of water.
If Rossi is indeed putting on a play, you must admit that he does not scrimp on the cost of props.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Kahuna wrote:If Rossi is indeed putting on a play, you must admit that he does not scrimp on the cost of props.
I do only admit that he does not scrimp on the cost of ungrounded claims. "Robotic factories"? I won't be surprised if he will declare tomorrow that builds photon starship and time machine.

CKay

Post by CKay »

Kahuna wrote:If Rossi is indeed putting on a play, you must admit that he does not scrimp on the cost of props.
Imaginary robotized factories come cheap.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

CKay wrote:
Imaginary robotized factories come cheap.
I'm not sure if you are trying to make some kind of point or it this is just another hit-and-run cheap shot.

I was referring to the home ecat prototype "prop" that he showed Dr. Pettersson (and others apparently). Also, whether the 1MW plant worked or not and was part of an elaborate scam or not, it was not imaginary and at least represented an elaborate 'prop' as well.

CKay

Post by CKay »

Kahuna wrote:I was referring to the home ecat prototype "prop" that he showed Dr. Pettersson (and others apparently).
Which, if merely a prop, need not have been at all expensive.
whether the 1MW plant worked or not and was part of an elaborate scam or not, it was not imaginary and at least represented an elaborate 'prop' as well.
A shipping container and some plumbing - not what I'd call elaborate or particularly costly.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

CKay wrote:
Kahuna wrote:I was referring to the home ecat prototype "prop" that he showed Dr. Pettersson (and others apparently).
Which, if merely a prop, need not have been at all expensive.
whether the 1MW plant worked or not and was part of an elaborate scam or not, it was not imaginary and at least represented an elaborate 'prop' as well.
A shipping container and some plumbing - not what I'd call elaborate or particularly costly.
First of all, you only mentioned an imaginary eCat plant, not the home eCat in your comment. Secondarily, the Home eCat prototype was apparently run for the participants and was about the size of a laptop and was convincing enough to get a respected PhD to take it seriously. I doubt it was made of painted cardboard.

Also, if you think the 1MW plant was cheap to put together mearly to support a scam, then we must agree to disagree on what is cheap in that context. IMO, this is a very elaborate show, real-or-not. I do not know if Rossi has the goods or not at this point (< 50% IMO), but I do think the man is entertaining (including his props).

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well now...

http://www.defkalion-energy.com/forum/v ... php?p=6909

DGT no longer wants to keep the windows open. Hmmm.
Throughout the lifespan of this forum we maintained minimum control, accepted negative comments openly, and provided a lot of technical and commercial information. The situation now is different in that our openness creates problems that can damage the success of this project.

This technology has international implications in energy, politics and business. A large amount of knowledge, resources and nerve are required. Our company is capable in handling all of the above and will succeed in bringing this technology to the people. In order to achieve this, we must finalize the technology with certifications, fine-tune our products with licenses, and start mass production with blue prints for our partners.
During these difficult months ahead, we see no need for the forum to exist. We do not need to provide answers, explanations or justifications for what, how and when we are doing something. We need to handle sensitive matters as opposed to manage publicity. In so doing, all activity on this forum shall be frozen.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

ladajo wrote:Well now...

http://www.defkalion-energy.com/forum/v ... php?p=6909

DGT no longer wants to keep the windows open. Hmmm.
Throughout the lifespan of this forum we maintained minimum control, accepted negative comments openly, and provided a lot of technical and commercial information. The situation now is different in that our openness creates problems that can damage the success of this project.

This technology has international implications in energy, politics and business. A large amount of knowledge, resources and nerve are required. Our company is capable in handling all of the above and will succeed in bringing this technology to the people. In order to achieve this, we must finalize the technology with certifications, fine-tune our products with licenses, and start mass production with blue prints for our partners.
During these difficult months ahead, we see no need for the forum to exist. We do not need to provide answers, explanations or justifications for what, how and when we are doing something. We need to handle sensitive matters as opposed to manage publicity. In so doing, all activity on this forum shall be frozen.
This is indeed a sad development announced in a very unprofessional way. I assume they will still post testers statements (if there are any forthcoming) as they promised in thier press release and in numerous comunications since.