10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

"Anything else you wish to draw to my attention, Mr. Holmes ?"
"The curious incident of the stable dog in the nighttime."
"But the dog did nothing in the nighttime."
"That was the curious incident."
-- A. Conan Doyle, "Silver Blaze"
Ahh, I love Sherlock Holmes...

quixote

Post by quixote »

Joseph Chikva wrote:Not only projectile and target but also conditions.
This is specifically in regard to the charts we were discussing from the nndc database. The conditions are indicated in the charts. This doesn't have anything to do with Rossi, per se.

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

Not much different than the Rossi story.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stori ... 22821.html

polyill

Post by polyill »

sparkyy0007 wrote:Not much different than the Rossi story.

Thanks for the link.

Remember Rossi's gold trafficking? Yet another Priest analogy:
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011 ... ack-prison

very amusing

quixote

Post by quixote »

For cross section, you want to:
1) goto ENDF
2) Set your target to "58ni; 60ni; 61ni; 62ni; 64ni"
3) Set your reaction to "n,p" (this will show you all reactions producing a proton; go here for a list of reactions)
4) Set your quantity to "sig" (sigma being the symbol for cross-section)

Once you have the list, click the radio buttons (the circles on the left) for which you want to plot the data. Note that they aren't standard radio buttons; they act more like check boxes. Click the plot button at the top.

Once you've got a plot, it's usually helpful to add the legend to the graph since the html legend on the right is so small. To do that, select the "Legend" check box at the bottom and click "repaint."

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

This is a lot like the rossi story as well.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... Hg5SJYRHA0

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

KitemanSA wrote:
MSimon wrote:
YOU have made statements about conditions that don't exist or physics that need not apply.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really, his statements aren't THAT funny! ;)
You.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

CherryPick

adsl

Post by CherryPick »

Now 10 years later we have ADSL. It is not faster than fiber but can transfer videos using a phone line.

In Rossi's case, he will a) run with the money b) try to get more money c) establish real industrial activity to actually deliver his promises.

Independent verifications of everything are now important. University of Bologna has confirmed their frame contract with Rossi, but tone of the press release was quite critical. Anything else?

sparkyy0007

Re: adsl

Post by sparkyy0007 »

CherryPick wrote:

Now 10 years later we have ADSL. It is not faster than fiber but can transfer videos using a phone line.

In Rossi's case, he will a) run with the money b) try to get more money c) establish real industrial activity to actually deliver his promises.

Independent verifications of everything are now important. University of Bologna has confirmed their frame contract with Rossi, but tone of the press release was quite critical. Anything else?
After this last fiasco my scam meter is firmly pegged at 100% This is nothing more than a scam IMHO.
There will be NO independent verification EVER!
If Rossi did want his black box verified it would have been childs play to do so. All the money he would need to further the device and secure IP could have been available in a month. Instead, just a few secret customers, no IP protection (trade secret!), nonsense.
No one is that stupid.

LENR will forge ahead, but not with the help of Rossi.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

quixote wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:Not only projectile and target but also conditions.
This is specifically in regard to the charts we were discussing from the nndc database. The conditions are indicated in the charts. This doesn't have anything to do with Rossi, per se.
I do not understand. What conditions are indicated in charts: presence or absence of certain chemical compound making influence on nuclear reaction cross-section? Where indicated and how indicated. Please clarify.

quixote

Post by quixote »

Joseph Chikva wrote:What conditions are indicated in charts: presence or absence of certain chemical compound making influence on nuclear reaction cross-section? Where indicated and how indicated. Please clarify.
The chart indicates the cross section in barns on the y-axis, and electron volts on the x-axis. See my post a few messages back and give it a try.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

quixote wrote:The chart indicates the cross section in barns on the y-axis, and electron volts on the x-axis. See my post a few messages back and give it a try.
I know how such charts look like. May be you did not understand my question.
I am asking: if we have the chart of dependence of Ni-H reaction cross-section on collision energy and that is not curve but that is straight line coinciding with an abscises axis (σ=~0 barn at all value of E), have you ever seen some curve with non-zero cross-section of mentioned reactants in presence of special conditions? E.g. presence of certain chemical compound or something else.
Is my question clear for you?

quixote

Post by quixote »

I think I understand what you're asking. The answer is no. If I'd seen that, I'd probably know Rossi's secret.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

quixote wrote:I think I understand what you're asking. The answer is no. If I'd seen that, I'd probably know Rossi's secret.
Do you not think that there are too many "secrets" with Rossi? May be or not that the main his secret is a simple and primitive fraud.
...people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it...

Dr. Goebbels

icarus

Post by icarus »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
quixote wrote:I think I understand what you're asking. The answer is no. If I'd seen that, I'd probably know Rossi's secret.
Do you not think that there are too many "secrets" with Rossi? May be or not that the main his secret is a simple and primitive fraud.
...people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it...

Dr. Goebbels
Gee, how original. I'll bet no-one has thought of that yet!