10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

polyill wrote:Who's "[strike]Colonel[/strike]-Engineer Domenico Fioravanti" anyway? Italian Army? Is that a fail on the part of the censor, or is just being highlighted? :?
Clearly he's the retired swimmer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domenico_Fioravanti whose experience with water qualifies him to know all about its flow rates and such. :)

GerardFianen

Post by GerardFianen »

Tja.... hmmmm.

From : http://pesn.com/2011/10/28/9501940_1_MW ... uccessful/

On the test setup...... :

Probably the biggest opening for skeptics will be the continually running genset that is probably rated for 500 kW (my guess), and appears to have been connected by cables to the E-Cat.

Once more a problem in the test setup... Leaves 'some' room open for skeptics indeed......

Why would someone do this if the goal is to proof there can be no doubt the system is actually producing Energy. Is a big red flag for me.

Gerard.

Gerard.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Here is a link to a more readable report.
http://pesn.com/2011/10/28/9501940_1_MW ... uccessful/

It shows the way out for the skeptics like tomclarke to hang on to their illusions for another month or two. Great big motor generator there that is OBVIOUSLY supplying all the energy. The customer and his licensed engineers were just too dumb to notice.

(cross posted with the post above)

Answer to the post above. Makes all the difference if the power comes from a portable generator rather than being hooked up to the mains. Amp meters don't work on those portable thingies. :roll:

GerardFianen

Post by GerardFianen »

parallel wrote:Here is a link to a more readable report.
http://pesn.com/2011/10/28/9501940_1_MW ... uccessful/

It shows the way out for the skeptics like tomclarke to hang on to their illusions for another month or two. Great big motor generator there that is OBVIOUSLY supplying all the energy. The customer and his licensed engineers were just too dumb to notice.
Agree that a real customer will be smart enough, however that is assuming there is a real independent customer. I am not saying the customer is not independent, but so far we do not know who the customer is.

It is simply strange to let the generator run while trying to demonstrate an extraordinary system like this. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Rossi and ECAT can all very well be real, but this is a strange way to proof it, specially considering the earlier tests.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

parallel wrote:
Betruger wrote:
icarus wrote:Yet here they are bashing a guy who has the guts to come out and say what he is doing ...
Hasn't. It's only after someone writes him a check for the privilege of seeing inside his black box.

And why are people like Parallel hanging on every word and breath from Rossi? None of it means anything worthwhile till the experiment's done properly and independently.
You mean like the Mac or the iPod or the iPhone was?
Come to think of it, just about everything you buy.
Perhaps Betruger is a hot fusion guy. Oh this is Polywell isn't it: I forgot.
:lol:

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I am thinking that we will see whether the customer is real or not, when Rossi finally has the money to pay the university of Bologna for the study of the e-cat.
Then we will hopefully also see some real science...

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

Skipjack wrote:Rossi was talking total BS there. Maybe he was partying to much with that spumante before that interview?
I mean "total free energy"? "not using any fuel"?
I guess he meant no input power was needed, but that did not come over..
That man just is doing a really, really bad job at selling whatever he does or does not have.
He looks so unprofessional that really it leaves no place for scam; self delusion was the only option besides that it actually works; this test clearly makes the last option more probable. If it works (90%) he really deserves Nobel mostly to encourage others smart-ass to play as boldly as Rossi did. The conservatism should be punished equally as too much optimism.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

stefanbanev wrote:He looks so unprofessional that really it leaves no place for scam; self delusion was the only option besides that it actually works; this test clearly makes the last option more probable.
Have you ever received Nigerian letters?
“My husband has lost in an air crush and I need someone who would help to take the money from his deposit 100 mln. I will grant you 30. Please contact with my attorney” Then attorney will ask you some money about I think 3-5-10 thousands and everyone is happy except you.

One man said to another that he has money printing machine and shoed the device. One turn of handle of that machine and one 25 ruble banknote appears. “Happy customer” pays 2 million rubles (very big money in Soviet Union in 70s) and installing turns 100 times receiving 100 banknotes. 101st turn, 102nd, etc. give nothing.

Here we have mention about incognito “happy customer”, one video with about 10 people going to drink one bottle of champagne sea container.
But on base of this information: http://pesn.com/2011/10/28/9501940_1_MW ... uccessful/
What You Can Do
Pass this on to your friends and favorite news sources.
Join the H-Ni_Fusion technical discussion group to explore the details of the technology.
Once available, purchase a unit and/or encourage others who are able, to do so.
Let professionals in the renewable energy sector know about the promise of this technology.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay abreast of the latest, greatest developments in the free energy sector.
Consider investing in Rossi's group once they open to that in October.
Help us manage the PESWiki feature page on Rossi's technology.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Here is the NyTeknik report of the 1MW E-Cat test:

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_m ... 303682.ece

GerardFianen

Post by GerardFianen »

Kahuna wrote:Here is the NyTeknik report of the 1MW E-Cat test:

Even at Ny Teknik I read growing skeptics and frustration concerning the non-scientific approach of Mr. Rossi.

I am reading Talk-Polywell several years now to read and learn about the science, progress and experiments around various approaches to reach usable fusion. I am happy to have seen and still see so many very knowledgeable people in various topics on this forum.

What I see around e-cat and the postings here unfortunately sometimes has little to do with science, but read like emotions driven by hope that we will see useable energy from fusion. As everybody here I hope Mr Rossi has found something real, however he is not helping us forward by neglecting the scientific approach. We have seen this over and over again but still I feel frustrated when he does it again. I hope we will soon see scientific proof there is something real going on in his e-cat, but even then we lost a lot of time. Not to mention the damage should this be a delusion (or even a scam). In that case scientific LENR research into a possibly very real physical process is seriously harmed. Mr. Rossi should realize he has a responsibility here.

OK, Mr. Rossi openly states he is not primarily interested in the science but driven by bringing a product out to the market.. Fair enough. But I am glad to see that, in contrast to many other websites discussing the e-cat, this forum is mainly based on real scientific content. (this item sometimes being somewhat of an exception).

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Am wrote:
MSimon wrote:Remember EEstor? They had a factory. They had a customer. They had "proof" from a reputable lab.

We are still waiting for deliveries.
Yep. still waiting for Polywelll to deliver...
Polywell hasn't promised any amazing breakthrough nor claimed excess energy or anything similar to what Rosi did, so what exactly should they deliver?
Trying to compare Polywell to Rossi simply shows that you have no idea about what the Polywell tests of the last 3 years are about.

Lot of confused people around here lately.....

icarus

Post by icarus »

GerardFianen wrote:
Kahuna wrote:Here is the NyTeknik report of the 1MW E-Cat test:

Even at Ny Teknik I read growing skeptics and frustration concerning the non-scientific approach of Mr. Rossi.

I am reading Talk-Polywell several years now to read and learn about the science, progress and experiments around various approaches to reach usable fusion. I am happy to have seen and still see so many very knowledgeable people in various topics on this forum.

What I see around e-cat and the postings here unfortunately sometimes has little to do with science, but read like emotions driven by hope that we will see useable energy from fusion. As everybody here I hope Mr Rossi has found something real, however he is not helping us forward by neglecting the scientific approach. We have seen this over and over again but still I feel frustrated when he does it again. I hope we will soon see scientific proof there is something real going on in his e-cat, but even then we lost a lot of time. Not to mention the damage should this be a delusion (or even a scam). In that case scientific LENR research into a possibly very real physical process is seriously harmed. Mr. Rossi should realize he has a responsibility here.

OK, Mr. Rossi openly states he is not primarily interested in the science but driven by bringing a product out to the market.. Fair enough. But I am glad to see that, in contrast to many other websites discussing the e-cat, this forum is mainly based on real scientific content. (this item sometimes being somewhat of an exception).
Why should Rossi care what the "real" scientists think? They already rejected his attempt to publish by peer review.

Many people think science is a slick looking report published in a peer-reviewed journal, this is not science, it is an abstraction of the real science that gets done in the laboratory or workshop. It is like comparing paper money to real wealth.

For many scientists this is the end goal of their science the slick paper and a grant, not the working machine/tech. that humanity can progress with. They are like the man who's goal is to earn paper money with no regards to what to do with it beyond that ....

Rossi owes science, the establishment, absolutely nothing and the vitriol you observe against is because he is dangerous for them, he has nothing to lose. If he has something they will come along in droves and pick over his work and write their reports in beautiful fonts and high-faluting words ... why he should bother to do that now?

Science is about results, not papers.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

olivier wrote:Can anybody explain whats lends more credibility to the so-called 1MW plant than to the elementary E-Cat, as regards measurement accuracy ? Especially, knowing the 1MW plant is simply a cascade of elementary E-Cats.
Perhaps the law of large numbers? :shock:
More like the law of the large confusion and of the large unscientific system.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Skipjack wrote:Rossi was talking total BS there. Maybe he was partying to much with that spumante before that interview?
I mean "total free energy"? "not using any fuel"?
I guess he meant no input power was needed, but that did not come over..
That man just is doing a really, really bad job at selling whatever he does or does not have.
Careful my friend, now you will be bashed, trashed and cursed as a negationist! ;)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

icarus wrote:
Betruger wrote:
icarus wrote:Yet here they are bashing a guy who has the guts to come out and say what he is doing ...
Hasn't. It's only after someone writes him a check for the privilege of seeing inside his black box.

And why are people like Parallel hanging on every word and breath from Rossi? None of it means anything worthwhile till the experiment's done properly and independently.
Just like Polywell ... when did anyone ever ask for independent experiments verifying rick's(what was his name?) data (that is not in the public domain)?

Everyone was hanging on rick's word ... you guys have just seen yourselves in the mirror and it isn't pretty.

Ask Art Carlson.
His name his Dr. Rick Nebel, and he is a REAL Dr. with a REAL degree and REAL experience.
As for hanging on his words, you simply didn't understand.
We were hanging to get informations so that we could dissect them and check their potential validity and Polywell chance of successfully proving scaling law.

Bringing Dr. Nebel example to support Rossi claims makes more harm than good to your cause.