Asymmetric capacitor in High Vacuum

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Hec031

Asymmetric capacitor in High Vacuum

Post by Hec031 »

Just wanted to let every know that I had posted a video on youtube of my experiments with an Asymmetric capacitor operating in a high vacuum environment.

Follow the link if you want to see it.

http://youtu.be/CGN65lse5yE

Sincerely,

Hector

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

This is not an artifact of the wire feeds creating a torque between themselves due to phase shift across the cap?

Have you tried this with the power feeds not parallel?

Hec031

Post by Hec031 »

ladajo wrote:This is not an artifact of the wire feeds creating a torque between themselves due to phase shift across the cap?

Yes, I've eliminated that as a possibility in a more advanced design of the same fundamental concept that I tested in fall 2009 through spring 2010. The possibility of self interaction was addressed, so was Ion propulsion, mirror charge, magnetic field and electromagnetic interactions.

Putting things in perspective, keep in mind that NASA, the Air Force and several other groups have tried to get one of these devices to produce any thrust and have failed. Up to this point the claim by the scientific community has been that these devices are "nothing more than Ion wind". That argument is now on very shaky ground.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I also remember an argument of high voltage created a torque between layers in a layered cap, but that does not seem to be the case with yours.

It would be interesting to see your suspension system and power feed adaptors into the tank, and also in operation.

Hec031

Post by Hec031 »

Hec031 wrote:
ladajo wrote:This is not an artifact of the wire feeds creating a torque between themselves due to phase shift across the cap?

Yes, I've eliminated that as a possibility in a more advanced design of the same fundamental concept that I tested in fall 2009 through spring 2010. The possibility of self interaction was addressed, so was Ion propulsion, mirror charge, magnetic field and electromagnetic interactions.

Putting things in perspective, keep in mind that NASA, the Air Force and several other groups have tried to get one of these devices to produce any thrust and have failed. Up to this point the claim by the scientific community has been that these devices are "nothing more than Ion wind". That argument is now on very shaky ground.
Currently I'm working on a self contained thruster, power supply and power source device, which will almost eliminate any issues over outside interactions.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

What was the position of the capacitor in respect to the neutral axis of the vacuum container?

Hec031

Post by Hec031 »

Giorgio wrote:What was the position of the capacitor in respect to the neutral axis of the vacuum container?
The device moves axially through the length of the cylindrical vacuum chamber.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I would like to know if the position of the capacitor is the same from each point of the vacuum chamber.

Mainly I would like to know if you tested it near one side of the chamber, by keeping the power line once near the chamber wall, and once far from the chamber wall.
If you did, there was any difference in oscillating amplitude or direction?

Hec031

Post by Hec031 »

Giorgio wrote:I would like to know if the position of the capacitor is the same from each point of the vacuum chamber.

Mainly I would like to know if you tested it near one side of the chamber, by keeping the power line once near the chamber wall, and once far from the chamber wall.
If you did, there was any difference in oscillating amplitude or direction?
The device on the video is passed the half way point on the chamber, in fact it's close to the front of the chamber door. However on the 2009-2010 testing we addressed this issue by placing two 4"x4" aluminum targets front and back of the device. It was only when the targets reached approximately 7mm from the front or back of the device that we observed a tug of war effect between the phenomenon that produces the thrust and a Mirror charge effect. Below that distance at around 3mm the device was attracted to the target and would eventually pull itself away from it. The targets were not grounded.

In addition to these test we've also enclosed the device in the 2009-2010 testing in a Mu-metal and Faraday enclosure. We've done almost anything possible to find a conventional explanation for what we are observing. The device on the video is not the best device for this kind of testing. The devices in the 2009-2010 experiments are far superior for that purpose.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

Hec031 wrote:In addition to these test we've also enclosed the device in the 2009-2010 testing in a Mu-metal and Faraday enclosure. We've done almost anything possible to find a conventional explanation for what we are observing. The device on the video is not the best device for this kind of testing. The devices in the 2009-2010 experiments are far superior for that purpose.
Will you be posting video of the 2009-2010 experiments?

Hec031

Post by Hec031 »

DeltaV wrote:
Hec031 wrote:In addition to these test we've also enclosed the device in the 2009-2010 testing in a Mu-metal and Faraday enclosure. We've done almost anything possible to find a conventional explanation for what we are observing. The device on the video is not the best device for this kind of testing. The devices in the 2009-2010 experiments are far superior for that purpose.
Will you be posting video of the 2009-2010 experiments?
Eventually I will. The main reason I wanted to show this kind of Old School devices operating in vacuum is because it could be replicated by others very easily. The other advantage is that compared to the more advanced design that we've been concentrating on these Lifters style devices are much lighter. In fact I have a plan to make an even lighter device for testing next week. I will post those test also. 18Kv is just under half of the voltage I intend to apply to the Old School Lifters style device. By the time I'm done this week it should be running at 40Kv. If I'm right that will give me over 1cm of displacement. A lighter device can convent that same force into at least double that displacement. That all translates into far more visible movement. Make it light enough and the device will eventually lift in a vacuum. It's a simple matter of thrust to weight ratio.

cuddihy

Post by cuddihy »

Hec031,

any progress on a physical theory that explains the effect?

Also, just curious, what's the story on your handle? What does HEC031 mean?
Tom.Cuddihy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Faith is the foundation of reason.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Sorry, I think I am missing something?

Why is this unusual?

What is the energy gained by the displacement of the pendulum (viz. what is its length and mass of the bob)? Then, let's see what the energy in the 'capacitance' is, and/or what the e-field strength is.

Hec031

Post by Hec031 »

cuddihy wrote:Hec031,

any progress on a physical theory that explains the effect?

Also, just curious, what's the story on your handle? What does HEC031 mean?
Well I have a working theory which is what I'm using to guide my experiments and progress. The problem with my theory is that I know of no similar or close example in todays ideas on Quantum or Relativistic physics. My Hypothesis is that when the electric field is applied to these kinds of devices a local relativistic state is created that causes the object enveloped in the field to acquire a negative energy/momentum state, which can only be balanced by a positive gain in velocity. The asymmetry in the field creates both the imbalance and the force vector.
Keep in mind that this theory requires that space (the vacuum) not be a non-zero quantity, which is not a very popular idea at the moment.

Not the simplest explanation I could think off, but it seems to work for now.

I have a preliminary gravity meter measurement that supports this idea, but I've never had the chance to confirm the results. My entire theory is based on the idea that a microscopic change in relativistic energy state below the zero point energy state would produce a visibly large restoring accelerating force, to achieve the final restoring velocity state. However I'm not a physicist so once I get a couple of them to listen I might get some help on this side of things. In the mean time I will follow my working theory until it does not work anymore.

As for my handle Hec031. Hec stand for Hector and 031 was because I could not get 03 so I added a 1 to get the address.

Testing a new device today or tomorrow, will post video soon after. Stay tuned.

Sincerely,

Hector

Hec031

Post by Hec031 »

chrismb wrote:Sorry, I think I am missing something?

Why is this unusual?

What is the energy gained by the displacement of the pendulum (viz. what is its length and mass of the bob)? Then, let's see what the energy in the 'capacitance' is, and/or what the e-field strength is.
It's unusual because many have tried to make this happen with an asymmetric capacitor device and have failed, except for my effort.
The data you are asking for will come with the next test device which will be tested tonight or tomorrow.

The point of the video was to demonstrate that if done correctly an Asymmetric capacitor will produce a visible force under high vacuum conditions that cannot support the assertion by the general scientific community that 100% of the force produced by these devices is solely the product of an Ion wind effect.

Feel free to research the subject matter and you will find what I'm saying to be the case.