10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

chrismb wrote: This is a dying, dying story.
As much as you would like this to be true, I doubt it very much.

Aside from the technical/"scientific" aspects, the pure drama will carry this through the end of the year at least. If the E-Cat falls on its face, there will be months of watching all the "reputable" characters in the play scubbing the egg off their faces. This does not even include coverage of the manhunt for Rossi on whatever island he escapes to.

If by chance the E-Cat meets expectations, well...

No, I'm affraid we are in this for awhile.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Kahuna wrote:Aside from the technical/"scientific" aspects, the pure drama will carry this through the end of the year at least.
If you work in Hollywood and involved in industry let's make movie with working name "Drama of mr./eng/prff. Rossi".
I know two Russian films: "The head of prof. Dawel", "Hyperpoloid of eng. Garin" :)
I do not see aside from the technical/"scientific" aspect here and have right to do so.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Kahuna,

I don't recall anyone on this blog stating that it has been proven the E-Cat works. There are a few, like me, who say take Rossi at his word unless he fails to come up with commercial units within a reasonable time frame, or other proof emerges. This because there is no proof one way or the other yet and a sufficient number of credible witnesses think the E-Cat produced anomalous heat.

There are others, such as chrismb, who are certain it doesn't work, but when called on it start waffling (either 0% or 100%) because they don't like being pinned down, such that they might be proved to be wrong in the future. Meanwhile, they seem to have nothing better to do than string together repetitive insults beyond counting and negative proofs that are no proofs at all.

I'm waiting for chrismb to call for the talk polywell blog to be shut down because he maintains the only thing that counts is discussion of the Polywell. There is one thread on the news page of this blog about the Polywell and chrismb's important contribution to that discussion was:
It would appear that the Navy have a knack for blowing tax-payer's cash on hopeless schemes.

Giorgio

Re: Cultural misunderstanding?

Post by Giorgio »

painlord2k wrote:I think Krivit made the error to add too much "color" to his piece.
It could be a staple of journalism in the US, but it is easy to give the impression to be there to denigrate it.
The point about the coffe machine is an example: it can be naively considered a bit of "color" from Kivrit but in Italy was considered a slight. Like to wrote about an Australian they had a fridge full of beer cans in their lab/workshop.
Writing about the neighbour sign "Rossi Brothers Pneumatics" then it a bit disingenuous, as Rossi is one of the most common family name in Italy (for comparison, in my city (Venice) there are "only" two pages of the phone book of Rossi (and it is not a local name).
I think krivit reacted like that because he didn't get what he ought to receive from his visit. Yet, even if the article was "coloured", he did get to the main point, i.e., we still have no real info except what THEY state.

Instead of arguing and looking for conspiracies Rossi should just release some structured data or make a demo test done in the correct way.
It will solve most of the issues and bring a good part of skeptics to his side.

As I said many times, he is handling this whole story in a very very unprofessional way.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

chrismb wrote:
Ivy Matt wrote:I'm glad Rossi is willing to play 20 questions on the Journal of Nuclear Physics website....
Well, only if he likes the question, of course.....
Heh, this 20 questions story will be quite interesting to follow.
I will keep the count of how many he will skip. Let's make a l4-5 question list and submit it to him. I'll start working on mine.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

dch24 wrote:Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" (Robert J. Hanlon)
So true.
dch24 wrote:As an aside, I've read every post on this thread. Wow, what a journey!
I hope you didn't read all of them in one day ;)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

KitemanSA wrote:If you have FACTS, present them.
Kite, out of pure logic, shouldn't be Rossi the one presenting the data?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Simon's Law:

It is unwise to attribute to malice alone that which can be attributed to malice and stupidity.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

An empty warehouse. A coffee machine on a card table. The "device" in a small room. The utilities not turned on. The coffee machine taken away. The "device" taken away.

Is that science? No. But maybe the message he attempts to convey is not a scientific one but an economic one.

An industrial lab or a movie set?
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

MSimon wrote:An industrial lab or a movie set?
Or both... :twisted:

Maui

Post by Maui »

chrismb wrote:Blimey! If Rossi is spending all his time answering blogs (which seems to be the case) why does he say he's got no time to work with people to take measurements?

Which is a better use of his time? Answering sychophants, or blogging
Maybe Rossi needs to take some of his own advice?
If you want to obtain a working apparatus, instead of the ridiculous scrap you made up to now, work more and talk less.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Well, there are now comments that are time stamped after mine that have received answers.

So looks like mine have been rejected.

Helius

Post by Helius »

chrismb wrote:Well, there are now comments that are time stamped after mine that have received answers.

So looks like mine have been rejected.
Apparently posts are rejected not only for the expletives they contain, but the ones they cause too.

User27182

How does Rossi get any time to do anything?

Post by User27182 »

Observing Rossi's blog, I am still in confusion: how can he do any testing, or any design, while spending so much time on handling his blog? If you look at the blog, something happens on it on every day of the week, and the time is consistent with Rossi's travel between time zones US/Europe.

Am

Post by Am »

Andrea Rossi
June 19th, 2011 at 9:17 AM
Dear Staffan:
Your comment opens the space to an intriguing consideration. Many Scientists have taken the correct approach: wait for the 1 MW plant in operation, then make due considerations. This is what smart People did.
About pseudo-Scientists and their reaction to my Effect: probably you have read of the “Snake” report after an interview he made in Bologna. Now, as probably most of you have understood, we have very good , (VERY GOOD), intelligence working with us; after the “snake” (disguised as a journalist) who has this week penetrated our organization and made a report based on a fake steam diagram, we asked to our intellicence organization to probe what was behind, and we discovered that:
1- The fake diagram of steam has been given to the “snake” from an Italian competitor that is afraid to lose the funds due to the fact that the taxpayers are tired to give him money while we have reached results without any funding
2- this Italian clown has been given the fake diagram fro an American Laboratory, competing with us, which gave it to him for the same reason
3- the snake has been sent to us to try to dwarf us to allow them to get funding
All this is very funny. The names and the particulars of this paper tigers will be explained from me as an anecdote after the start up of the 1 MW plant in Greece: after the start up, after the explication of the theory, this will be the dessert. Something to laugh with.
Warm Regards,
A.R.