10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

chrismb wrote:A record!!

Biggest load of tosh the forum has ever seen!!
There is worst in life :wink:

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Skipjack wrote:Chris, Giorgio, I think it is about time you and me take a deep breath and leave the thread allone until some new/real information about Rossis LENR device is available. I would suggest that to everybody else as well, but I dont think that they will listen.
You seem to have more brains that most here, so maybe you will be able to get over it and leave it be. Let the Rossi followers write 100 more pages of pointless, completely unfounded speculation! Who cares?
We can keep an eye on things from the distance. If there is no new/real facts known by November, we will at least have confirmation, if only for ourselves...
You wont be able to convert the "true believers" on this forum. So let it be...
What you say makes sense, but I suggest to close directly this thread. Msimon can do it as he is a moderator.

I ask for this because I dislike the idea that this thread gets hijacked by baseless claims. We have a lot of lurkers here that might even believe those claims if they are not corrected.

We can open a new thread if some new data is released or directly in October, when things will be more clear.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

raphael wrote:On the basis of their "incisive observation" and "outstanding technical merit, well-supported by ... ability at rational logic" neither of the below-pasted comments merits a passing score....

"Biggest load of tosh the forum has ever seen!!"

"You really are the biggest idiot this forum has ever seen."
I'm not suggesting all of a person's posts have to be of outstanding technical merit, but at the moment Am is at 100% of posting ad hominem insults. Not a good record, on the whole, now, is it?

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

MSimon wrote:
raphael wrote:On the basis of their "incisive observation" and "outstanding technical merit, well-supported by ... ability at rational logic" neither of the below-pasted comments merits a passing score....

"Biggest load of tosh the forum has ever seen!!"

"You really are the biggest idiot this forum has ever seen."
Au contraire. They merit the highest score possible.
It was my plan to delete the '100' banners, it was just for fun.

As for the ad hominem attack on me, I find it quite interesting in that I have never made any personal comments about anyone, only scathing comments about their ideas. It seems odd to me that neuro-typical earthlings associate disparaging comments about what they have done directly with themselves. I suppose I should take it as 'a piece of analysis' conducted on this odd species, but it begs the question that if all these neutro-typicals are punting out their irrational ideas and they saying 'you aren't allowed to choose how you go about disagreeing with this, because it would be a personal insult and I will then have a right to bash you up'.

But it just seems flat-out wierd to me that the neuro-typical thinks this kind of exchange is a legitimate form of debate;

Me: 'your idea does not stand up to scrutiny because X and Y'
NT: 'I have worked really hard on this idea and I have a triple doctorate'
Me: 'but your idea is tosh if it can't explain the simple point, X and Y. Why don't you provide a response to X and Y?'
NT: 'You're an idiot'.

For the life of me, I fiind it highly perplexing that humans have gotten to the point they have got. I can't believe that NT's formed the majority decision-making population during the West's 'golden' time of science, but somehow they seem to have taken over and won favour. I guess it must be something to do with human's breeding patterns, this being the conventional explanation for generational changes in animal behaviour.

I've got no problem with folks asking me to cool comments that might not be entirely warranted about the 'contributions' of others, but just note that no-one can tell me to cool comments about other people because I've never made any!

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

One of my gurus once said:

Do not identify, do not consider, do not lie, do not express negative emotions.

Humans are big on identification. They find it very hard to separate their ideas/work from themselves. It is not a new problem.

I have committed all those errors (except lying) around here from time to time. I usually regret it. Still. It is often fun at the time. Until the hangover sets in.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Giorgio,

I'm not big on shutting down discussion. But if you can get folks to move to a new thread I'm all for it. I'll move too.

Perversely I'd like to see this go to 200 pages.

What was NASA Spaceflight when it died out? Over 1,000 pages? We have a ways to go.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

MSimon wrote:Giorgio,

I'm not big on shutting down discussion. But if you can get folks to move to a new thread I'm all for it. I'll move too.

Perversely I'd like to see this go to 200 pages.
For me the idea to lock this thread was just to avoid that it gets filled by groundless opinions.
I know myself, and I know that I cannot refrain myself from posting a reply if I see one. :roll:

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Ivy Matt wrote:
raphael wrote:Someone on this thread had asked why they couldn't build a RossiFusion dingus as a garage-workshop project.

Well, this guy says you can ....

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Talk:Direc ... _Generator

(you must scroll down to the "Do it Yourself" heading)

(don't try this unless you know what you're doing and understand all the risks)
Odd, he says there is no catalyst; or rather, that the catalyst is a thermal heat threshold, not an element or combination of elements. He also claims that the reaction can be sustained for six months or more, but doesn't claim to have actually achieved it. His comments are all from January 23, so it would be interesting to follow up with him and see what progress, if any, he has made since then. In the absence of any solid information on the catalyst, I suppose you could still build the device and see how well it worked without catalyst. If not well enough, then you could experiment until you find a catalyst that works. No patent application filed, no non-disclosure agreement signed, no problem. :wink:
I have heard the no physical catalyst theory lately as well.

Consider that Rossi gave the Swedes two fuel samples for analysis. One was supposed to be actual starting fuel and the other spent fuel after a few months of operation with the transmutted copper (10%), iron (11%), etc.

According to Essen the raw (non-spent) fuel tested to be pure Ni powder (no catalyst detected). I have not read anywhere that Rossi stated that he excluded the secret sauce from the raw sample, only that he represented the sample as the real raw fuel.
So either (1) I have missed somewhere that Rossi admitted the Ni provided was sans catalyst, (2) Rossi misrepresented the raw fuel sample as complete or (3) the catalyst is not an additive.

If #3 is correct, perhaps the "catalyst" is some kind of pre-treatment of the Ni. Rossi has only said that the catalyst is not precious metal, not expensive and not radioactive. The rest is speculation.

seedload

Post by seedload »

Kahuna wrote:If #3 is correct, perhaps the "catalyst" is some kind of pre-treatment of the Ni. Rossi has only said that the catalyst is not precious metal, not expensive and not radioactive. The rest is speculation.
FYI, Rossi has claimed a specific pre-treatment of the Ni.

He claims to be able to enrich the Nickel for the isotopes Ni62 and Ni64 very cheaply. He says it only adds 10% to the cost. Another miracle!

parallel

Post by parallel »

Andrea Rossi has confirmed that the manufacturing of the 330 E-Cat modules that will make up the first 1 MW plant has been completed. Rossi has said that there are two factories in the US involved in the manufacturing of the devices.

So the power plant is built; what happens between now and October. About this, Rossi said, “Now goes on the testing of each of them and the construction of the container.”

Building the right container could be quite a challenge. This has to get to Greece from the United States with its contents in one piece! Rossi has said that the dimensions will be 3m x 2m x 2m and will weigh 2 tons.
ref http://www.e-catworld.com/2011/05/18/al ... is-needed/

seedload

Post by seedload »

LOL! OMG!

Leonardo Corporation, Rossi's American entity, is some guys house!

Start at the web page, http://leonardocorp1996.com/, and the address 116 South River Road, Bedford, N.H. 03110 - USA. Try it on google. What is there is a small business park. Google lists businesses at this address. No Leonardo listed. Seems odd considering that cool looking production plant on the cover of web page.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 9&t=h&z=16

OK, so instead go to New Hampshire corporate registrations and filings here:

https://www.sos.nh.gov/corporate/soskb/Corp.asp?414253

Note the different address of 8 Town Farm Rd, New Boston NH 03070 and check google at that address:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 6,,0,15.35

It's a house in the woods.

OK. But who is the business filed under? Answer, James Travis. Seems odd. Is this really Rossi's company? Yep, check the corporate filings pdf's. Rossi is president.

OK, so what?

Well, go to the white pages and look up James Travis at the same zip code. Yep, it's his house! Leonardo Corporation is James Travis's house in the woods.

So funny!

I worked hard trying to find Leonardo in Florida, but did not have the same success. My guess is that it ain't there. There are a couple Leonardo Corporations I found in Miami, both inactive, and both at addresses that are clearly not factories.

seedload

Post by seedload »

Rossi says,
“Today I am in the USA factory of Leonardo Corporation where I signed a contract of tremendous importance. As soon as I will be allowed to announce it, believe me, it will be extremely important”.
OK, found this on Leonardo in Miami.

Florida Profit Corporation
LEONARDO CORPORATION
Filing Information
Document Number P10000091220
FEI/EIN Number NONE
Date Filed 11/08/2010
State FL
Status ACTIVE
Principal Address
1331 LINCOLN RD., APT 505
MIAMI BEACH FL 33139

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=oper ... CBcQ8gEwAA

Mailing Address
MIAMI BEACH FL 33139

Registered Agent Name & Address
ROSSI, ANDREA
MIAMI BEACH FL 33139

Officer/Director Detail
Name & Address
Title PD
ROSSI, ANDREA
MIAMI BEACH FL 33139

Title SD
TRAVIS, JAMES R
8 TOWN FARM ROAD
NEW BOSOTON NH 03070

We already went over Travis's house/corporate headquarters. Apartment 505 is apparently the factory.

cg66

Post by cg66 »

Some info from Peter Ekstrom regarding analysis of the Rossi fuel and other updates – translated from Swedish.
http://www.energikatalysatorn.se/forum/ ... p?f=2&t=57
by Peter Ekstrom »Today, 14:35
As Professor Sven Kullander neither read or participate in the discussions in this forum, or NT, I get to act messengers. I had a meeting with Prof. Kullander, 18 / 5. We discussed the many different aspects of E-Cat.

The most important thing right now for understanding the function of the E-Cat (if any) is the analysis of the fuel. Kullander will soon publish a detailed report describing the analysis and results in detail. I have seen data on elemental analysis and isotope analysis. The data looks very convincing in appearance. The result is as it says in the NT article

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_m ... 144772.ece

New fuel: 100% Ni
Spent fuel approximately 11% Fe, 10% Cu, remainder Ni
All subjects are within limits of error (a few percent), natural isotope distribution.

I agree with Kullander's assessment that Rossi's explanation of the capture of a proton in the nickel is unlikely. Kullander has proposed an alternative possibility for explaining the energy development (which does not have to nickel to do).

One can see a weak copper green color of the spent fuel. It has not examined the structure, ie the Cu, Fe occurs in grains separate from you (this was further enhanced to test not authentically).

In the case of Uppsala, shall receive an E-Cat for the tests, there will be no earlier than the end of June (determined by Rossi). The precondition is that in Uppsala are free to do what measurements you want.

It is quite clear that the Uppsala could verify the function of the E-Cat. Most LenRas results lies in the noise at the limit of what can be measured. E-Cat gives, according to Rossi's demonstrations, a large and easily measurable signal.

To refute is more difficult because Rossi can always say: it did not work because you did wrong.

I regret that I have nothing more exciting to tell ("I heard the spinning of a Cat that stood in one corner of the Ångström Laboratory ..."). As consolation, I recommend

http://undsci.berkeley.edu/article/0_0_0/cold_fusion_01

which is a good summary of the origin of cold fusion and why it went so wrong.
Peter Ekstrom
Last edited by cg66 on Thu May 19, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:
Building the right container could be quite a challenge. This has to get to Greece from the United States with its contents in one piece! Rossi has said that the dimensions will be 3m x 2m x 2m and will weigh 2 tons.
ref http://www.e-catworld.com/2011/05/18/al ... is-needed/
Indeed... it will be very very hard to build such a container, I think this might add a few month of delay until they solve all the issues connected with the manufacture of a 3m x 2m x 2m container to transport 3 tons! :?

I wonder what guys like this could say on the subject:
http://www.containersandmore.co.uk/dimensions.html
You can even rent them:
http://www.mrbox.co.uk/container-prices/

I really hope that phrase was not really coming from Rossi.....

raphael

Post by raphael »

Seedload: And your point is what?

When new business entities are being set up, this kind of thing is not unusual.

Wasn't Facebook started in a dorm room?

I wonder what the first address of Apple Computer was? Have you checked the market capitalization of AAPL lately?
"As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden." Chauncey Gardiner