Anybody need a job?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Tom Ligon

Anybody need a job?

Post by Tom Ligon »

Here at work management is bugging us to find more engineers. It occurs to me this forum has an abundance of talent. I'm not looking to steal anyone away, but if you're spending time here because your job went south, what the heck, maybe this will fund your fusion dreams.

This is not fusion, it is UAV control system design and manufacturing. We need electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, controls engineers, computer programmers good at C, and the ability to cross these with each other or other fields. Aviation or avionics experience helpful. High reliability and aviation-level QC helpful. Engine control experience helpful. MATLAB, modeling, etc. Robotics or AI types, the sort of folks to do DARPA Grand Challenge work might fit in really well.

The location is Northern Virginia. We were recently acquired by a large corporation, and have good salary and bennies.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Where do I send an application? Software engineer with some educational background in operating system design, embedded programming, and control systems.

drmike

Post by drmike »

Not yet, but I'm in a start up that has not yet hit traction. If they don't get bought out in 6 to 12 months, I'll be knocking!

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

My home e-mail is my user name as one word at verizon dot net.

My work e-mail is my first initial and last name at athenati dot com.

The company was Athena Technologies, Inc, but was just bought up by Rockwell Collins. It seems to be a good fit ... they're not dismantling us, but instead seem to be allowing us to grow. The UAV business is strong.