EM Drive

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

kcdodd wrote:Yes, exactly. But we are talking not of whether energy is constant, but whether the rate of change of the energy is the same in every reference frame. So, if chemical energy is being converted into kinetic energy at a rate of 10J/s in one frame, it has to be 10J/s in every other reference frame too. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. Again, not including SR.
Your answer back from Dr. Paul Bailey, PhD from NASA JSC:

Yes, of course, Carter is indeed correct. You must consider both masses when considering total power output of the engine. Notice my toy model from Monday, the 28th of February, where I point out that you must consider BOTH of the masses if you are considering the power of the “engine’ which in that case was some sort of conceptual linear pusher with constant force, for ease of calculation. A mass driver.

I was indeed mixing the two different power definitions together.

More later, duty calls..
-------------------

Carter, if you're interested to apply your skills in a more useful way than debunking this lowly philosopher's misunderstandings, I can connect you with others doing this work. Those of us at Mach Aleph Devices are completely concerned with conservation. We don't want to be taken as ever proposing anything that violates conservation.

You've shown in many posts that you're interested but skeptical of M-E physics. If you'd like to be included in a more private forum, where these issues can be addressed in more detail, and where you can be better apprised of the issues in M-E work, I'd like to connect you.

This offer is to Carter only. Please don't others write me. Carter, if you have a curiosity about how M-E physics works, please write me privately at Therofax@aol.com with a couple sentences concerning your background and interest, and I'll see if I can't connect you with those who know much better than I do.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

GIThruster wrote:This offer is to Carter only. Please don't others write me.
Sounds like you must've come across as a 'potential believer', kc! A convert-in-the-making, you are!

Only those who believe are able to see the truth, y'know....

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

chrismb wrote:
Sounds like you must've come across as a 'potential believer', kc! A convert-in-the-making, you are!

Only those who believe are able to see the truth, y'know....
No Chris. the offer is excluded to you because you obviously lack the emotional maturity necessary to work in a group.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

GIThruster wrote:No Chris. the offer is excluded to you because you obviously lack the emotional maturity necessary to work in a group.
goo-goo-gaga

deane

Post by deane »

That being the case, why didn't you PM him rather than post the offer in a public forum?

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

deane wrote:
That being the case, why didn't you PM him rather than post the offer in a public forum?
Honestly, it's been so long I'd forgotten how, and Chris knows he had it coming. Every time I pop into the forum he is abusive and nasty. Just read up in this thread. . .Contrast his misanthropic behavior with Carter's and I think you'll find Carter deserves an award for putting up with Chris telling him he has no right to be in the forum.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

I had you squarely in mind with that comment. Yeah you are right. You come on this forum and talk about all and everthing EXCEPT fusion and then you bleat on that I am harsh with you?!

When was the last time YOU discussed polywell?....so, what makes you think my critique of you blitherings on this forum is inappropriate?

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

GIThruster wrote:Honestly, it's been so long I'd forgotten how,
...and you are seriously expecting people to think "yeah, poor guy! its so confusing on this website. how could he have possibly remembered that hitting the button market "pm" would be the way to send a pm!"

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

chrismb wrote:
GIThruster wrote:Honestly, it's been so long I'd forgotten how,
...and you are seriously expecting people to think "yeah, poor guy! its so confusing on this website. how could he have possibly remembered that hitting the button market "pm" would be the way to send a pm!"
Chris, I can't include someone in a group effort who's primary concern is to pick fights, prove how smart he is and berate others. I'm sure you can understand given how you spend your time here, it would not be appropriate to include you in such work.

Just think about what you posted to Carter and now above to me. Somehow, we don't meet your criteria as "worthy" to post in this forum. Now think about what such an attitude will yield in a group effort and I'm sure you'll understand how this is just not a good fit.
Last edited by GIThruster on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Whereas all you think about is "ME"!

[You make yourself SUCH an easy target, how can I resist!!]

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

By applying some maturity? .... Nahh, not you! :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist! :wink:

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Ivy Matt wrote:Less than twelve parsecs. :wink:
Does that only apply in the special case of the Kessel run, or does this hold for intragalactic smuggling generally?

Interesting link and tech, thanks for sharing. Like M-E and the Pioneer anomaly, I suspect it may end as just another facet of the Grand Unified Theory of Experimental Error, but maybe Tom and I will get to see it hump its way across a table someday.

Personally, I want a drive powered by annihilation of the lightest neutralino, partly because there's probably a lot of them, but most just because I like the idea of weak vector bosons beating up WIMPs.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

TallDave wrote:... just another facet of the Grand Unified Theory of Experimental Error ...
I thought it was referred to as the Grand Over Arching Theory of Experimental Error? :roll: :D

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

chrismb wrote:I had you squarely in mind with that comment. Yeah you are right. You come on this forum and talk about all and everthing EXCEPT fusion and then you bleat on that I am harsh with you?!

When was the last time YOU discussed polywell?....so, what makes you think my critique of you blitherings on this forum is inappropriate?

A criticism which can safely be leveled at me as well. I haven't written anything about Polywell for a very long time, and I simply cannot stir up enough enthusiasm to do it. I used to hang out in the theory and design forums quite a lot, but I reached a point where I was simply tired of listening to speculative theory and wanted to see some REAL WORLD data that would prove or disprove the theories being bandied about. (i.e. edge annealing, etc.)

I find it very irritating that even though many of us contributed to Dr. Nebel's efforts to get Polywell funded, ( I contributed $700.00 and would have contributed more. Now I wish I had that money back.) he has done very little recently for his fan base.

We understand why, we just don't like it. (If I may use the term "we.")

Although I said that I didn't expect much to come of Famulus' efforts, at this point I suspect we'll get more information from him than Emc^2.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

TallDave wrote:Does that only apply in the special case of the Kessel run, or does this hold for intragalactic smuggling generally?
Special case? Have you been reading the Expanded Universe? :P