Primary Source of Polywell Information

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Shubedobedubopbopbedo

Primary Source of Polywell Information

Post by Shubedobedubopbopbedo »

What is the primary source of information for Polywell research?

I mean, if there is any news, publication, etc. of an official nature, where will I find it?

dch24

Post by dch24 »

You can go here: http://www.emc2fusion.org/

However, there is a great deal more information that hasn't been effectively gathered. You can watch this thread drift as that information is posted, debated, politicized, and ignored.

Shubedobedubopbopbedo

Post by Shubedobedubopbopbedo »

There's nothin there. Few pics. A 3d rendering.

What's going on with the research? It's been years! Is Polywell going to work or not?!?!

Is the jury in or out? Is the issue settled? If not, by what date will we get a press release, or a website update?

Does the research group have a blog with daily or weekly updates?

No offense, but you guys debating for the last 3 years hasn't answered the basic questions about Polywell, namely will it work or not.

icarus

Post by icarus »

Snow delays?

rjaypeters

Post by rjaypeters »

I have insomnia, so I'll take a crack at answering your questions:
Shubedobedubopbopbedo wrote:What's going on with the research? It's been years!
EMC2 has an apparently working test rig in San Diego. One of our correspondents has seen it but is required by a Non-Disclosure Agreement to remain silent about what is there.
Shubedobedubopbopbedo wrote:Is Polywell going to work or not?!?!
No one who posts here knows or if he/she knows she/he isn't posting that knowledge. Our evidence is indirect: i.e. the United States Navy keeps funding the next step. If there is no public revelation by April 2011 or soon thereafter, one of our correspondents will probably activate a Freedom of Information Act request to lawfully compel the USN to release data which EMC2 is under contract to provide to the USN.
Shubedobedubopbopbedo wrote:Is the jury in or out? Is the issue settled?
Some technical issues seem to be settled according to public statements by past and current researchers. However, the remaining unknowns are still important to the overall feasibility of the Polywell as a working power generator.
Shubedobedubopbopbedo wrote:If not, by what date will we get a press release, or a website update?
There is no publicly set date for an public information release.
Shubedobedubopbopbedo wrote:Does the research group have a blog with daily or weekly updates?
No. Some of the other innovative fusion researchers are more forthcoming, but EMC2 keeps their mouths shut. I presume so they can get on with their work. Other motives for their silence have been imputed.
Shubedobedubopbopbedo wrote:No offense, but you guys debating for the last 3 years hasn't answered the basic questions about Polywell, namely will it work or not.
Our debate could never answer the question of the feasibility of the Polywell. Nature will only answer that question if asked by way of experiment.
"Aqaba! By Land!" T. E. Lawrence

R. Peters

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Shubedobedubopbopbedo wrote:No offense, but you guys debating for the last 3 years hasn't answered the basic questions about Polywell, namely will it work or not.
Is not like we are the one supposed to validate this technology. We are just a bunch of thinkers willing to discuss any available data.
Unfortunately there is no real available data to discuss since the last couple of years.

You can just lurk here and wait with us until something will be available or you can drop your complains directly to EMC2 people.

Complaining here will not bring to you any additional info.

vernes

Post by vernes »

Giorgio wrote:Complaining here will not bring to you any additional info.
Complaining feels liberating.
It also offers the chance to share the sentiment with others.

How is prometheusfusionperfection.com doing?
The (not so) amateur polywell project.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

vernes wrote:
Giorgio wrote:Complaining here will not bring to you any additional info.
Complaining feels liberating.
It also offers the chance to share the sentiment with others.
Actually it could make sense to complain against EMC2 if you want to blow off some steam or share your sentiment with others.
It makes little sense to complain against the the people participating in this forum for something that is not really depending or related to them.

vernes wrote: How is prometheusfusionperfection.com doing?
The (not so) amateur polywell project.
He is still doing preparatory work.
His website (the one you reported) has an updated situation of each step he is taking.

vernes

Post by vernes »

Giorgio wrote:Actually it could make sense to complain against EMC2 if you want to blow off some steam or share your sentiment with others.
It makes little sense to complain against the the people participating in this forum for something that is not really depending or related to them.
I must admit, I was reading his complaint rather flighty.
He IS actually accusing 'us guys'. Funny that.
'us guys' seem to now include Shubedobedubopbopbedo as well now :P
Giorgio wrote:He (prometheusfusionperfection.com) is still doing preparatory work.
His website (the one you reported) has an updated situation of each step he is taking.
Yeah, have to make a note to check it out again once I'm home (and not behind a blog hating corporate proxy)
prometheusfusionperfection is at the moment our only easy access to information about possible polywell fusion.

Well, that and the guy trying to simulate it.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

btw, why is Polywell called Polywell instead of Polywheels?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

AcesHigh wrote:btw, why is Polywell called Polywell instead of Polywheels?
According what logic should it be called Polywheels?

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Giorgio wrote: According to what logic should it be called Polywheels? {grammar corrected, ed.}
There are 6 torii, thus many wheels. Yeah, I know, silly season :!:

David_Jay

Post by David_Jay »

Poly - WELL

You know: "all's well that ends well"

or is that too deep for this discussion?
not tall, not raving (yet...)

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

David_Jay wrote:Poly - WELL
You know: "all's well that ends well"
or is that too deep for this discussion?
But he said "oh well", and she said "oh well", and I said "oh well". Many wells. Polywell?
Now I know data are stretched thin! Inventing silly names for the Polywell!
"And now for something completely different", the Department of Silly Names!

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Polywell is short for polyhedral well.