ITER Newsline Mention of Pollywell

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

I just don't think things are so out of control that one mod plus users' minimum efforts wouldn't be enough to put things back on track.

Aero

Post by Aero »

MSimon seems quite impartial to me. It seems anything goes though I may recall that he has stepped in a few times .
Aero

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

chrismb wrote:So why do you think it is alright to carry on coercing me to read this tripe when I want to read some FUSION news.
As I've already explained, you are free to scroll on past anything you prefer not to read. Using this technique I often manage to ignore your more outrageous trolling and general nonsense, which you generally seem utterly incapable of even recognizing as such, without calling for anyone to delete anything (which much more closely resembles coercion, btw). It generally saves time and space wasted trying to explain obvious things like why calling people cultists is inflammatory, and then having to waster further time and space with your nonsensical justifications.
Last edited by TallDave on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

TallDave wrote:As I've said, you are free to scroll on past anything you prefer not to read.
That is a miserable and uninsightful comment. About as uninsightful as it can get.

If someone comes onto the 'news' forum in the hope of reading 'news related to polywell/fusion' then what you are saying is that it is a legitimate expectation of yours for them to not expect news?

How can someone just 'scroll past' something until they've actually read it to know if they want to read it!?!?!

Just think about it, because you do not appear to have done so. You are saying that if someone has to plough through 100 posts over 6 pages only to discover it is all bullshit about politics and that at the end of it there is no news at all, then is it YOUR claim is that this is OK??

Do me a favour, fella: If you are posting in NEWS and it isn't NEWS then write "BULLSHIT" in big red capital letters at the top of your post, else how else am I supposed to know that you're writing shyte and I should ignore it?

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

That is a miserable and uninsightful comment. About as uninsightful as it can get.
Funny, that's usually the first thing I think when I see your posts.
Do me a favour, fella: If you are posting in NEWS and it isn't NEWS then write "BULLSHIT" in big red capital letters at the top of your post, else how else am I supposed to know that you're writing shyte and I should ignore it?
Maybe you could do the same favor to me with the large number of your posts that add nothing to the conversation but insults and nonsense? Maybe start with that last one?

As, again, I already explained, you can almost always find the actual "NEWS" in the first post in the thread. I suppose its too much to ask that you actually read my posts before posting your questions about them that I've already answered, but it's typical of your postings, which is why I've tended to ignore them.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

TallDave wrote: I suppose its too much to ask that you actually read my posts before posting your questions about them that I've already answered, but it's typical of your postings, which is why I've tended to ignore them.
..and there I was thinking you ignored people's posts because you weren't able to comprehend their meaning, as you've demonstrated in the past. I'm sorry you have difficulty making yourself clear, I'll try to look out for that in the future.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

chrismb wrote:
TallDave wrote: I suppose its too much to ask that you actually read my posts before posting your questions about them that I've already answered, but it's typical of your postings, which is why I've tended to ignore them.
..and there I was thinking you ignored people's posts because you weren't able to comprehend their meaning, as you've demonstrated in the past. I'm sorry you have difficulty making yourself clear, I'll try to look out for that in the future.
Can the both of you take this crap to PMs so the rest of us don't have to listen to your childish bickering? My four year old has better manners ...

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

krenshala wrote:
chrismb wrote:
Can the both of you take this crap to PMs so the rest of us don't have to listen to your childish bickering? My four year old has better manners ...
I didn't start 5 pages of shyte in news ...

....I haven't continued it ...

....I have specifically asked for it to stop (4 pages ago)...

....and only responded to comments I consider directed at me personally ...

....and I sure as heck have already suggested deleting it.

If Tall Dave's assertion is correct, that I can simply scroll past his nonsense, yet you are saying that you cannot, then TELL HIM - don't bother telling me because that's the point *I* made to which you are now saying I shouldn't say it here.

After that, maybe a moderator will wake up enough and clear up this train-wreck off the forum.

BenTC

Post by BenTC »

And here I am scrolling past... did I miss anything>?
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

Enginerd

Post by Enginerd »

BenTC wrote:did I miss anything>?
nope...

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

BenTC wrote:And here I am scrolling past... did I miss anything>?
Don't know; didn't read it ...