Mach Effect progress

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

cuddihy wrote:Here's some other ("wackier") concepts that Woodward relies pretty heavily on:
-gravitational attraction as the origin of inertia
-time-travelling reaction forces would cause inertial effects to behave "instantaneously"
-4-d ripples in space-time shielding a "mass fluctuating" source from gravitational attractions to change observed inertia

What these three concepts have in common is that they are all "wacky." (actually, the first two are a starting assumption and a leading question. The third is a theoretical result)

I think what you're saying above is true, but I'm not sure it amounts to "wacky". Einstein drew heavily from Mach's Principle and there are lots of reasons to suspect it is true. Woodward would argue that the matter is settled and it is true, based upon modern advances in physics. He's the gravity physics historian however, not me, and I can't make that argument. He made it himself however on the extended email list just a couple months or so ago, so I can say that this is indeed his position.

Time traveling waves aren't all that wacky either. There'a lots of empirical evidence for "time reversed effects" and if you search those terms, you'll find some cool papers. Additionally, Cramer's transactional theory that explains these time traveling waves should be tested by experiment sometime very soon. I know he's working on this.

4D ripples. . .hmm. I'm not sure how much of what you're objecting to is really Woodward's theory, and how much is Paul's attempt to explain Woodward's theory. I should remind that Woodward's theory is a pure field theory, just like GR, and does not need gravity waves nor particles, and I'm not sure "shielding" is necessarily the right term to use either. If however what you're saying is that you think mass fluctuations are wacky, well. . .I guess you could say that.

But hey. . .the notions that the Earth was round and traveling around the sun was pretty "wacky" too. :-)

On conservation: I think the reason this issue comes up as often as it does is that all M-E thrusters hold out the possibility to harvest gravinertial energy or momentum. Because of this, they resemble so many "free energy" toys in the past. If one can tap into negative mass with negative inertia, exotic matter that self accelerates, then yeah. . .you're going to see what appears under other conditions to be a violation of conservation. However, once you look at what you're looking at--that items with negative inertia do self-accelerate, your conservation issues go away because you understand what it is that led you astray.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

paulmarch

Post by paulmarch »

GIThruster wrote:
cuddihy wrote:Here's some other ("wackier") concepts that Woodward relies pretty heavily on:
-time-travelling reaction forces would cause inertial effects to behave "instantaneously"
-4-d ripples in space-time shielding a "mass fluctuating" source from gravitational attractions to change observed inertia

What these three concepts have in common is that they are all "wacky." (actually, the first two are a starting assumption and a leading question. The third is a theoretical result)

I think what you're saying above is true, but I'm not sure it amounts to "wacky". Einstein drew heavily from Mach's Principle and there are lots of reasons to suspect it is true. Woodward would argue that the matter is settled and it is true, based upon modern advances in physics. He's the gravity physics historian however, not me, and I can't make that argument. He made it himself however on the extended email list just a couple months or so ago, so I can say that this is indeed his position.

Time traveling waves aren't all that wacky either. There'a lots of empirical evidence for "time reversed effects" and if you search those terms, you'll find some cool papers. Additionally, Cramer's transactional theory that explains these time traveling waves should be tested by experiment sometime very soon. I know he's working on this.

4D ripples. . .hmm. I'm not sure how much of what you're objecting to is really Woodward's theory, and how much is Paul's attempt to explain Woodward's theory. I should remind that Woodward's theory is a pure field theory, just like GR, and does not need gravity waves nor particles, and I'm not sure "shielding" is necessarily the right term to use either. If however what you're saying is that you think mass fluctuations are wacky, well. . .I guess you could say that.

But hey. . .the notions that the Earth was round and traveling around the sun was pretty "wacky" too. :-)

On conservation: I think the reason this issue comes up as often as it does is that all M-E thrusters hold out the possibility to harvest gravinertial energy or momentum. Because of this, they resemble so many "free energy" toys in the past. If one can tap into negative mass with negative inertia, exotic matter that self accelerates, then yeah. . .you're going to see what appears under other conditions to be a violation of conservation. However, once you look at what you're looking at--that items with negative inertia do self-accelerate, your conservation issues go away because you understand what it is that led you astray.
Ron:

We don’t have to wait on the experimental verification of John Cramer’s transactional based retro-causal experiment. Why? Because when it comes to already demonstrated action at a distance effects that exceed light speed look no further than the already verified experiments on QM entangled quantum states of separated photons, electrons and/or ions. GRT and QM have already met and mingled in these QM entangled states when nobody was noticing and IMO that is where the real theory of Quantum-Gravity will spring from. In the meantime Jim Woodward has every right to posit that the origins of inertia come from the interaction of the cosmological 4D gravitational field for no one has come up with a better more consistent answer yet. And then there is Jim’s supporting Mach-Effect experimental data on the existence of his conjectured mass fluctuations, especially the 2009 rotary data set that screams it’s a real phenomenon with real consequences if folks would just bother themselves to really look.
Paul March
Friendswood, TX

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

paulmarch wrote:Ron:

We don’t have to wait on the experimental verification of John Cramer’s transactional based retro-causal experiment. Why? Because when it comes to already demonstrated action at a distance effects that exceed light speed look no further than the already verified experiments on QM entangled quantum states of separated photons, electrons and/or ions. GRT and QM have already met and mingled in these QM entangled states when nobody was noticing and IMO that is where the real theory of Quantum-Gravity will spring from.
Paul, any relation between Dr. Woodward's work and Abhay Ashtekar's latest work in LQG?

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2 ... thing.html
http://arxiv.org/find/gr-qc/1/au:+Ashte ... /0/all/0/1
Vae Victis

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

paulmarch wrote:
GIThruster wrote:

Ron:

We don’t have to wait on the experimental verification of John Cramer’s transactional based retro-causal experiment. Why? Because when it comes to already demonstrated action at a distance effects that exceed light speed look no further than the already verified experiments on QM entangled quantum states of separated photons, electrons and/or ions. GRT and QM have already met and mingled in these QM entangled states when nobody was noticing and IMO that is where the real theory of Quantum-Gravity will spring from. In the meantime Jim Woodward has every right to posit that the origins of inertia come from the interaction of the cosmological 4D gravitational field for no one has come up with a better more consistent answer yet. And then there is Jim’s supporting Mach-Effect experimental data on the existence of his conjectured mass fluctuations, especially the 2009 rotary data set that screams it’s a real phenomenon with real consequences if folks would just bother themselves to really look.
I access this and NASA Spaceflight Forums everyday hoping you will come and bring news of a breakthrough... are these two forums the best places to keep up to date on the Mach Effect research?

Barry Kirk

Post by Barry Kirk »

Was thinking about the grav-inertial force and came up with the following.

F_Strong + F_Electro_Magnetic + F_Weak + F_Grav_Inertial = 0

So the sum of all the four forces is zero.

1) Electro-magnetic
2) Weak Nuclear
3) Strong Nuclear
4) Grav-Inertial

Just a thought.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

djolds1 wrote:any relation between Dr. Woodward's work and Abhay Ashtekar's latest work in LQG?

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2 ... thing.html
http://arxiv.org/find/gr-qc/1/au:+Ashte ... /0/all/0/1
Woodward's latest papers are due for presentation in February, and IIRC from reading an early draft he is making arguments that come from Ashtekar, so I think it's fair to answer with a limited "yes" though, Woodward has never responded formally to Loop theory (of which I'm a proponent) to the best of my knowledge.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

paulmarch

Post by paulmarch »

AcesHigh wrote:
paulmarch wrote:
Ron:

I access this and NASA Spaceflight Forums everyday hoping you will come and bring news of a breakthrough... are these two forums the best places to keep up to date on the Mach Effect research?
Aces:

The two forums you mentioned are where I'd be inclined to lets folks know what's new in the M-E world when such news is available. When I have something new to report this forum will be amoung the first to know about it. Meanwhile Jim Woodward will be getting back to his lab at CSUF in a week from his summer digs in CO, so hopefully we will be seeing some new data coming from his work over the next few months.
Paul March
Friendswood, TX

paulmarch

Post by paulmarch »

Barry Kirk wrote:Was thinking about the grav-inertial force and came up with the following.

F_Strong + F_Electro_Magnetic + F_Weak + F_Grav_Inertial = 0

So the sum of all the four forces is zero.

1) Electro-magnetic
2) Weak Nuclear
3) Strong Nuclear
4) Grav-Inertial

Just a thought.
Barry:

In a closed universe, your above conjecture has to hold. Of course if we live in an 11 dimensional M-Brane Multiverse, defining what a "closed" universe is, becomes somewhat problematic...
Paul March
Friendswood, TX

kurt9

Post by kurt9 »

Paul,

What is the status on your MLT-2010 experiment? Have you pushed this into next year?

BTW, I am dubious about String or M-brane theory. As far as I know, String and M-brane theory is not testable by any current means. This makes it pure speculation as far as I'm concerned.

I consider the Mach Effect research that Paul March and Jim Woodward are doing to be more legitimate science than String or M-brane theory. At least March and Woodward are doing experiments. The String theory people do not do any experiments.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

kurt9 wrote: I consider the Mach Effect research that Paul March and Jim Woodward are doing to be more legitimate science than String or M-brane theory. At least March and Woodward are doing experiments. The String theory people do not do any experiments.
why are you addressing Paul March while talking about him in third person? :lol:

Aero

Post by Aero »

AcesHigh wrote:
kurt9 wrote: I consider the Mach Effect research that Paul March and Jim Woodward are doing to be more legitimate science than String or M-brane theory. At least March and Woodward are doing experiments. The String theory people do not do any experiments.
why are you addressing Paul March while talking about him in third person? :lol:
Yea - I wondered about that, too.
Aero

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

maybe he never noticed that paulmarch is the same person as Paul March. :wink:

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

George is getting upset!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

ltgbrown

Post by ltgbrown »

GIThruster/Paul March,

Any progress? Things going ok?

Wishfully waiting,
Ltgbrown
Famous last words, "Hey, watch this!"

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

No news. Unfortunately, a great deal of time is being taken up with business stuff rather than technical experiment, but that's as should be for now.

Jim Woodward will be delivering a pair of papers at SPESIF in Feb. Not much work getting done in the lab right now for all other sorts of issues, including Jim's health.

I will say that if you want to know how to build a wormhole generator, aka "stargate" you'll want to be at SPESIF. Jim's physics for M-E generation is now much more complete than it has been. Huge step forward in theory, will be found in his "wormholes" paper.