Any News about Polywell ?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

zapkitty

Post by zapkitty »

sd_matt wrote:To sum it up. If we hear nothing and can't account for the EMC2 staff and then other countries start their own PWRs then high chance it works.
... other countries have already started their own pressurised water reactors... :D

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

zapkitty wrote:
sd_matt wrote:To sum it up. If we hear nothing and can't account for the EMC2 staff and then other countries start their own PWRs then high chance it works.
... other countries have already started their own pressurised water reactors... :D
Which brings up another off topic item. A while ago there was a thread trying to decide on a good name other than Polywell. There were some amusing answers, and perhaps the ID I liked best was BFR for Bussard Fusion Reactor, though some wanted to avoid any works that hinted at radiation or nuclear reactors to make it more friendly towards the lay public.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

icarus

Post by icarus »

The "People Friendly Reactor" ?

oh hang on they'll freak out when they hear the word 'reactor' ... better make it an 'innovative' or 'sustainable' something or rather ...

"People Friendly Energenerator" (PFE)

or for a more commie slant

"The Earth People's Sustainable Innovative Energy Machine" (TEPISEM)

(IMHO: Treat people like idiots and they'll behave like idiots. It is well past time people grew up about radiation and got educated instead of freaked out by greenie rantings.)

it is a polywell nuclear fusion reactor (PNFR) ... if it works as advertised.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

It's already being called the "Bussard Reactor" by CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/24/new.yo ... ear.hobby/

Personally, I'm leaning towards "Bussard's Extremely Energetic Reactor" (BEER) or "Bussard's Excellent Aneutronic Reactor" (BEAR). <burp>

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I am for Bussard Fusion Reactor. It is a solid name and it give honor to Dr. Bussard who unfortunately did not live to see his invention come to life :(
If it really works out, this is the right name.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

DeltaV wrote: Personally, I'm leaning towards "Bussard's Extremely Energetic Reactor" (BEER) or "Bussard's Excellent Aneutronic Reactor" (BEAR). <burp>
Bussard micro Reactor, Polywell; BuR,P <burp> ???
Last edited by KitemanSA on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sd_matt

Post by sd_matt »

I like Polywell.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

KitemanSA wrote:
DeltaV wrote: Personally, I'm leaning towards "Bussard's Extremely Energetic Reactor" (BEER) or "Bussard's Excellent Aneutronic Reactor" (BEAR). <burp>
Bussard micro Reactor, Ploywell; BuR,P <burp> ???
BEER. The BEAR is still on the barbecue.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

How about AGEE?
Advanced Gaseous Electrostatic Energy

That is how they were keeping it low profile in the funding trail. Another slick move, guaranteed not to show in any normal searches.

If AGEE doesn't stick, I'll vote for BEER. Hmmm, don't mind if I do <burb>...

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Wait a minute: wouldn't that make you a sub<burb>? Well I was never too good at spelling. ;-)
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I meant "burble", you know, the sound you make when happy...

:wink:

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

30 July is next update for sure...

from recovery.gov;
The reporting cycle for Quarter 2, 2010 (April 1 - June 30) began on July 1 and will run through July 20. Reports received after July 14 will be marked as late. Quarter 2 data will be posted on Recovery.gov on July 30.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Found another funny thing today, EMC2 got gigged for the feb-sep 2009 cycle for significant reporting errors in the recovery.gov report submission.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

ladajo wrote:Found another funny thing today, EMC2 got gigged for the feb-sep 2009 cycle for significant reporting errors in the recovery.gov report submission.
Details?
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »