A good Post On the Deepwater Horizon Accident

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I agree with all the above. Just saying, I watched the congressional nonsense the other day and was deeply ashamed to be an American. I can't believe so many people can play to the cameras, act out like childish morons, and expect the American people won't notice we're still after two months, not doing 1/10 the things we should to clean up the oil.

We're sending lawyers and holding back the Europeans who want to help.

Madness!!!
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

GIThruster wrote:" The current evidence points to BP bribing Democrats and government employees. . ."

Lets see the evidence? I don't think you have any or there would be warrants filed by now.

Bribing isn't illegal when you call it a "campaign contribution." Other than that, BP did all sorts of gift giving to the regulators. I'm pretty sure I posted it up above somewhere.

GIThruster wrote: You're allowing anger to blind your observations. The 18 million workers in the Uk who's pensions are at risk had nothing to do with any sort of chicanery that MIGHT have gone on in the choice of setup BP used. You need to think about the consequences of all the anger. Our nation is acting like a lynch mob, led my the morons in Congress. Instead of looking for and mobilizing solutions, we're looking for scapegoats and sending lawyers. This is MADNESS.

You got that right. But in order to understand how to fix a problem, you must first understand what CAUSED the problem. I've been researching this stuff for decades. It is difficult for me to keep my conclusions from popping out while trying to bring others up to speed.

GIThruster wrote: What we need to do is mobilize the thousands of solutions to the problem that have been put aside by those in power, and impeach every public servant who has contributed to this mess through action and inaction.
That's pretty much the entire government. :)

GIThruster wrote: First is clean up the mess. Forget blaming., This is just childish nonsense!

Dio, I like most of your posts, but do you have ANY idea what it will mean to the entire world if the UK goes bankrupt? Any at all?

Yes. All too aware of it. It's frightening. What's even more frightening is that we are going bankrupt too. It is simply impossible to follow the ideas of the left without committing financial suicide. I saw an economist write the other day that our actual national debt is something like 130 trillion dollars. (He researched all the obligations and totaled the figures.)

How did we get here? Started with Woodrow Wilson, REALLY expanded with Franklin Roosevelt, and contributing actors include every Democrat President since, with Richard Nixon making a cameo appearance on behalf of the Republicans. To Be fair, George W, and George H.W. also played important roles in breaking open the dike of idiotic spending, but NOTHING on the level of what the Democrats have done!

I've got another thread going here in the General section. It's entitled "We are Doomed. DOOMED I SAY !" It's gloomy and full of bad news. There's a lot of bad news that I don't put in there, but i'm telling you, I'm fully aware of how bad things are out there.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:My gut feeling is that Obama is owned by Iran.
I don't see that angle. From what i've read of Obama's associates, a certain Saudi named Mansour seems to have been a very important player in Barack's life. The way Barack bowed deeply to the Saudi king is also telling. Religiously, the Saudis and the Iranians are at the opposite extreme of Muslim religious fratricide. I'm pretty sure Barack is a Sunni, and not a Shia.

A few other clues is the fact that Barack never had a dog until he became Precedent and everyone was wondering why not? He made a freudian slip while being interviewed by George Stephanopolus, and other bits and pieces.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Diogenes,

I tend to agree with you on your last post. The signs all point that way.

But I think he goes to the highest bidder. And I believe that would be Iran.

Also - given the current crisis I think that overt moves against Israel will harm the Saudis. Unless it is all misdirection.

Saudi Arabia gives Israel clear skies to attack Iranian nuclear sites
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

Great Column from Walter Williams:
http://townhall.com/columnists/WalterEW ... ed_tragedy#

While BP ultimately bears responsibility for the gusher, the gov't's screwing around and outright obstruction is turning an industrial accident into a major disaster.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Iran being promoted by our President:

http://www.pjtv.com/v/3801

About 3 minutes into the video.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Romans figured that one out. There is a type of ash(?) that when mixed in makes "underwater concrete". They used it for port construction of sea walls.
I was thinking more along the lines of erosion from the oil flow before setting. It may have been answered above. I'm going to have to think about it. Where is my pencil and napkin?