Alan Bolye's Latest Artice

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Well, he got more out of Rick than we have lately.

Not much more, but things are clearer as to where they are ... one running, one being built, one being designed.

dnavas

Post by dnavas »

Tom Ligon wrote:Well, he got more out of Rick than we have lately.

Not much more, but things are clearer as to where they are ... one running, one being built, one being designed.
Seems the same as what their website says. It's somewhat clearer where the design process is -- that they want to do a few side experiments.... Not much more, sadly.

icarus

Post by icarus »

... and that he's tripping.
But so far, Nebel sees no reason to stop moving ahead. "It's been quite a trip on this thing," he said, "and I have a feeling this is going to continue."
In the absence of information, there can only be speculation.

Until further notice, EMC2 is going in the same folder with EESTOR, Blacklight, Focus Fusion, etc. Big cross to carry, the future of world energy supply ... better have broad shoulders.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

icarus wrote:... and that he's tripping.
But so far, Nebel sees no reason to stop moving ahead. "It's been quite a trip on this thing," he said, "and I have a feeling this is going to continue."
In the absence of information, there can only be speculation.

Until further notice, EMC2 is going in the same folder with EESTOR, Blacklight, Focus Fusion, etc. Big cross to carry, the future of world energy supply ... better have broad shoulders.
The difference is that Polywell has actual oversight. The US Navy.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

BTW I left some thoughts here:

viewtopic.php?t=2068
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

icarus

Post by icarus »

The DOE has had oversight of tokomak fusion research for the last 40 years ...

the market will be the final judge, not government depts.

zbarlici

Post by zbarlici »

icarus wrote:
The DOE has had oversight of tokomak fusion research for the last 40 years ...

...heh

zbarlici

Post by zbarlici »

as i posted on the alan boyle blog, if WB7 was a failure, why would they be testing the scaling of the device(WB8)? So they can gage how big of a failure it is?

Remember that R.Nebel agreed to lead the polywell team, and i imagine that Bussard`s words would have been something like this;

"Pls don`t f&%$ around, Nebel. Even as one of the founding fathers of the ITER, i still gave up on that approach because i knew it would take forever and a day to achieve nuclear fusion that way!"

And that would have been his dying wish - if the darn thing doesn`t work, MOVE ON.

Yes, that`s right - Bussard was there at the dawn of the Tokamak project.

Post by 93143 »

icarus wrote:The DOE has had oversight of tokomak fusion research for the last 40 years ...

The Navy is the market.

DoE personnel are paid to do research projects. DoD personnel are paid to defend the United States. DoD doing a research project means they want it done. They won't try to stretch it out if it isn't working.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

zbarlici wrote:as i posted on the alan boyle blog, if WB7 was a failure, why would they be testing the scaling of the device(WB8)? So they can gage how big of a failure it is?
Yes. Perhaps because my scenario is accurate:

viewtopic.php?p=23661#23661

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

chrismb wrote:
zbarlici wrote:as i posted on the alan boyle blog, if WB7 was a failure, why would they be testing the scaling of the device(WB8)? So they can gage how big of a failure it is?
Yes. Perhaps because my scenario is accurate:

viewtopic.php?p=23661#23661
I have a better one: they are trying to divert Chinese scientists into a dead end.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

MSimon wrote: The difference is that Polywell has actual oversight. The US Navy.
OK, so maybe not in quite the same category as Blacklight power.

...Let's put it in the same category as cold fusion, distance-seeing and anti-gravity machines, then.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

chrismb wrote:
MSimon wrote: The difference is that Polywell has actual oversight. The US Navy.
OK, so maybe not in quite the same category as Blacklight power.

...Let's put it in the same category as cold fusion, distance-seeing and anti-gravity machines, then.
Let me see:

Cold Fusion - results with no theory
Polywell - theory with no results

antigravity machines? Well Maxwell's equations predict them - if you can trust that Dick Feynman character. That nut also said you get a similar result from QED.

Ah - distance seeing - now there is one Russian science program that was effective in diverting resources. Not near as good as the tokamak though.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Did I miss it? No mention whatsoever of EMC2's refusal to explain any quantitative measurements?
Plasma shines brightly inside EMC2 Fusion's WB-7 device
Proof [if any were needed] that it isn't working in a 'net-energy' mode.