Recovery.Gov Project Tracker

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Recovery.Gov Project Tracker

Post by ladajo »

Found this;

Project SummaryRecovery.gov is the U.S. government's official website providing easy access to ... The purpose of the AGEE program is to test the propeties of the Polywell ...
http://www.recovery.gov/.../RecipientPr ... x?...46419... - Cached

The Recovery folks have transparency trackers on funded projects.

Interestingly (and ominously :wink: ) the Project Page was "not found" when the link is used...
However, the Google Cache showed the goods.

As of 11Dec09, $360K billed so far, and less than 50% complete.
Granted, that may not be accurate.

I think I am going to submit a FOIA to NAWC just to see what happens. Doesn't cost to ask.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Also this has surfaced;

http://64.27.92.38/files/announce_clean ... .NTEET.pdf

Helps explain how DOD worked Recovery Projects, including Polywell.
We have talked on this before, lots of scrutiny on where the dollars go.

alexjrgreen

Post by alexjrgreen »

This link seems to work: ENERGY/MATTER CONVERSION CORPORATION.
Ars artis est celare artem.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

So what does it mean?
Anything new that we can read out of this?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

If they update it like they are suppossed to, it can give some insight to spending by Rick's team and project progress.

Nik

Drawing a grey curtain ??

Post by Nik »

Dare we assume that DOD would announce failure by default, but draw a discreet grey curtain over success ??

Sometimes, no news really is good news. Sometimes, it precedes suspension of business...

vankirkc

Post by vankirkc »

ladajo wrote:Also this has surfaced;

http://64.27.92.38/files/announce_clean ... .NTEET.pdf

Helps explain how DOD worked Recovery Projects, including Polywell.
We have talked on this before, lots of scrutiny on where the dollars go.
I think it is instructive that they're spending 4x the polywell spend on wave energy.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Agreed, in the aspect that they are diversifying approaches.
However, I think the horse has been beaten enough when we say that we need to take the current position of EMC2 and experiment progress at face value. Rick Nebel has said, contracting restraints prevent him from talking about what/how they are doing, and with increased funding this is even more so applicable (from recent interview attempt).
Bottom line, they had enough data to justify a major leap in funding, we will find out something when they are ready, if anyone wants to know more, they need to buy a plane ticket to Santa Fe and knock on the door. I reccomend they bring donuts and starbucks. Mr. Bradley may reccomend tea and biscuits, however, he can as his plane ticket would be dear compared to mine.
In the mean time, I think we should keep Talk Polywell alive and well, discussing theory and design. I am sure that Rick Nebel is watching quietly, and gleaning a thought here and there from some really bright people coming together, pulling global information to a central point, and having healthy debate over the science.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

One thing we can take from this is that the $8.1M figure that had been previously mentioned seems to have included the $300k from earlier this year, as had been speculated. When the two are considered as separate awards, the 8.1ish is now 7.8ish.

NBD, except it MAY go into explaning how the 18 months and "April 2010" can be the same. 18 months from the beginning of last FY which appears to have been the planning mode related to the $8.1M. The next date is about 18 months after that. Hmm. More speculation.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

The recovery tracker updated. Progress is being made...

Jobs Created 8.00

Description of Jobs Created 1 Computational Physicist and 2 consultant positions whose primary responsibility is the development of software to analyze the density & temperature data from the WB-8 experiment. Duties also include plasma simulation & development of tools for those simulations.

Funds Invoiced/Received $725,125

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

alexjrgreen wrote:This link seems to work: ENERGY/MATTER CONVERSION CORPORATION.
Note the award date.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

MSimon wrote: Note the award date.
Karmic, dude! 8) 8) 8)

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

ladajo wrote:Mr. Bradley may reccomend tea and biscuits
Nah. I'm big on doughnuts and coffee... let me at 'em. Box o' 12 from Tim Horton's.. those are mine, none left for you, then?!

It would be the usual engineer's pedantery to add that they appear to be building it in the Gulf of Guinea, off Africa's west coast;

"Project Location Detail
Location Information
Latitude, Longitude: 0º 0' 0", 0º 0' 0"

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Hehe...I didn't catch that. Previously it had EMC2's actual. You could Google Earth it and get a nice zoom on the building.

I've weaned myself off of donuts in the past years. Although, in-explicably I find myself with wantings for Marmite Toast. Thank god we've been porting around a small jar. Keeps my life addiction in check when needed.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Coordinates are still on the previous report period.. "Feb17-Sep30 '09"