Project StarGate Part II?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

rj40

Project StarGate Part II?

Post by rj40 »

It has been suggested to me that Polywell Fusion is another instance of Project Stargate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project

What do you think?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Sure. We are planning to make neutrons and high energy alphas by just thinking about them. We will make matter conform to our thoughts and thus particles from thought.

==

However, you might want to read up on Dr. B. and see how the Polywell concept and WB-1 came into being.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

Uh, who is claiming this?

Roger

Post by Roger »

MSimon wrote:Sure. We are planning to make neutrons and high energy alphas by just thinking about them.
Were you in Alaska 48 hours ago?
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Roger wrote:
MSimon wrote:Sure. We are planning to make neutrons and high energy alphas by just thinking about them.
Were you in Alaska 48 hours ago?
Maybe.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

KitemanSA

Re: Project StarGate Part II?

Post by KitemanSA »

rj40 wrote:It has been suggested to me that Polywell Fusion is another instance of Project Stargate.

What do you think?
First, it seems probable that the implication by your acquaintance was that this was a project sustained over the years despite a total lack of results other than several involved individuals say so. It would surprise me no end if that person were suggesting that the Polywell ran on psychically created reactions.

I see one difference. The Polywell project placed all its data before an expert SCIENTIFICALLY TRAINED panel for review, and said panel found no indications that Polywell would not work.

True, we have to take DrN's word on that...

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

I doubt Dr Nebel would mischaracterize or even lie about what the Panel concluded.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Betruger wrote:I doubt Dr Nebel would mischaracterize or even lie about what the Panel concluded.
I hope not too, but I don't know the man, nor do I know anyone who knows him. Do you? Of course, I don't know you either! :o

Aero

Post by Aero »

KitemanSA wrote:
I see one difference. The Polywell project placed all its data before an expert SCIENTIFICALLY TRAINED panel for review, and said panel found no indications that Polywell would not work.

True, we have to take DrN's word on that...
We have more than Dr. Nebel's word. We have the review panel's word that resulted in a contract from the Navy. The contract is public information. Dr. Nebel's word would not have influenced the Navy very much at all without the support of the review panel. If the review panel didn't support the issuance of a contract, it wouldn't have been issued.

I think it is more telling that Dr. Nebel had a good government job to go back to. He didn't, as far as I know, and now seems to be ensconced at EMC^2.
Aero

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

rj40 wrote:It has been suggested to me that Polywell Fusion is another instance of Project Stargate.

What do you think?
No, it is the exact opposite of Stargate.

Stargate aimed to let physical realities in the world form new ideas in people's heads, just using a process that is essentially irrational and defeats all that we currently know about physics...

whereas Polywell aims to induce a new physical reality into the world just from the ideas in people's heads and that uses a process that is essentially irrational and defeats all that we currently know about physics.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

whereas Polywell aims to induce a new physical reality into the world just from the ideas in people's heads and that uses a process that is essentially irrational and defeats all that we currently know about physics.
Well it happens from time to time that "everything we currently know" is wrong.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

MSimon wrote: Well it happens from time to time that "everything we currently know" is wrong.
Incontheivable!

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

MSimon wrote: Well it happens from time to time that "everything we currently know" is wrong.
Absolutely - roll on the evidence!!.... I will not be blind to it, I'm just not very hopeful I will see it.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

chrismb wrote: ...whereas Polywell aims to induce a new physical reality into the world just from the ideas in people's heads and that uses a process that is essentially irrational and defeats all that we currently know about physics.
Didn't Lord Kelvin say something like this about those nonsense things known to the unscientific dreamers as aeroplanes?
Lored Kelvin wrote:"No balloon and no aeroplane will ever be practically successful."