Crossfire Fusor

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Crossfire Fusor

Post by MSimon »

http://mrgreenbiz.wordpress.com/2009/01 ... ire-fusor/

Magnetic and Electrostatic Nuclear Fusion Reactor, or simply CrossFire Fusor, is an apparatus designed by Moacir L. Ferreira Jr. for confining and fusing light atomic nucleus at expressive rates releasing a tremendous amount of energy intended mainly for thrusting spacecrafts.
Any one know anything about this?
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

This U-tube video shows how the system works with great detail- err some pretty pictures.
From the little I could extract with a brief viewing- ions are injected with an ion gun, further accelerated with injection of high energy(?) electrons , apparently confined laterally with a magnetic field, and then impact something (converging beams?) for fusion. I didn't appreciate how the electrons would be conserved, let alone the energy from the ion guns (ie, I didn't see any mention of recirculation of the ions or electrons, so I don't see how anything near breakeven could be done.

google video

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

http://www.crossfirefusor.com

Wow. This guy obviously put a lot of time into the web page, but reading it made my eyes hurt. And interspersed with the diagrams etc he throws out these little gems:
The travel between Earth and Alpha Centauri star, including acceleration and deceleration, will take 2 years and 11 months and a decaborane consumption of 275.2Kg, reaching a maximum velocity of 3.27131×109Km/h, about three times the speed of light, at the midway.
The Newtonian physics has no restrictions about the velocity. Only the Theory of Relativity restricts the velocity to speed of light...
The Theory of Relativity was not fully proven...
Just remembering that this invention is a patent pending, then before making, using, or selling it, please get an inventor agreement. He will be pleased in licensing it for noble-minded purposes like global warming and deforestation reduction, and for outer space travels.

imaginatium

Post by imaginatium »

D Tibbets wrote:This U-tube video shows how the system works with great detail- err some pretty pictures.
From the little I could extract with a brief viewing- ions are injected with an ion gun, further accelerated with injection of high energy(?) electrons , apparently confined laterally with a magnetic field, and then impact something (converging beams?) for fusion. I didn't appreciate how the electrons would be conserved, let alone the energy from the ion guns (ie, I didn't see any mention of recirculation of the ions or electrons, so I don't see how anything near breakeven could be done.

google video

Dan Tibbets
The webpage seems to be much more focused on the embodiment as a source of propulsion, than it is on the physics of the actual reaction. It is very unclear how he expects the reaction to occur.

scareduck

Post by scareduck »

This guy's almost as crazy as that loon you found who thinks lightning strikes in water can create energy-positive fusion reactions. Oy.

cosmos

The Crazy

Post by cosmos »

Hello guys, I am the Crazy that you are talking about.
Here is one of my gems:
How fusion reactions take place?
The CrossFire Fusor does not need a nebulous physics concept with a lot of enchantments to work. It's really pretty simple.
It simply relies on collisions of ions needing kinetic energy and confinement.
For that, it is much more focused on an embodiment to achieve a tridimensional injection and confinement.
I am against personal attacks.
Feel free for critiques concerning my approaches.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I have a design for a fusion reactor that is a sure thing. I confine the particles and energize them.

I avoid limitations like input vs output energy and that speed of light thing which we all know was just a bunch of made up stuff to prevent us from doing what we want to do.

And besides. My drawing is so cool it is guaranteed to work.

Oh. Yeah. I'm not crazy. And I can prove it. How? Just read the next line:

I am not crazy.

QED.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

cosmos

Post by cosmos »

Your approach sounds to be excellent.
When will you show it on the web?

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Cosmos:

Of course. Tinkerers have confounded critics with more formal education before.
All you need to do is build working examples.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

cosmos wrote:Your approach sounds to be excellent.
When will you show it on the web?
It is a trade secret and I'm not trading it for anything. You think I want the secret of faster than light travel to get out? It would just cause a lot of global warming. I'm waiting for the next ice age. That is where the big money is. Faster than light heating during an ice age. I'll set up a stand on Highway 61. At the corner of Highway 61 and Desolation Row. When the circus is in town.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

JohnP wrote:Cosmos:

And make it go faster than the speed of light.

cosmos

Post by cosmos »

JohnP wrote:Cosmos:

I think that most of us have a problem for raising funds to build our working examples.
It is important don't give up.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

What is the strength required of the magnets in order to prevent 3 to 5 MeV alphas from hitting the walls?

cosmos

Post by cosmos »

MSimon wrote:What is the strength required of the magnets in order to prevent 3 to 5 MeV alphas from hitting the walls?
depends of specific energy (J/Kg) of the alphas:
(eV/Kg) × 1.60218E-19 → (J/Kg)
Using the specific energy to find velocity of products from nuclear reaction:
E=½mv² → v= ((E/m) × 2)0.5 → v= ((66.03921E12) ×2) 0.5 → v=11.49254E6 m/s
obs above: <sup>0.5</sup>

also, depends of specific ionization and magnet bore that you choose:
Defining the magnet bore about 1 meter (0.5 meter of internal radius) and using the specific ionization to find magnetic flux:

r=mv/qB → r= (v/B) × (m/q) → r= (v/B) / (q/m) → B=v/(r (q/m)) →
B=11.49254E6 / (0.5×10.80525E6) = 2.12721 Tesla
Specific energy and specific ionization are input parameters for calculations of magnetic flux and electric voltages.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Cosmos,

And how about heat load from undeflected 4He?