Dark matter theories

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

kurt9

Re: Dark matter theories

Post by kurt9 »

I think what you're referring to is the "Tik Tak" UFO.

Jakc Sarfatti has been making his presence known on the Woodward email list claiming that metamaterials (slow light speed in the material medium itself) can generate the effects that allow for this device to run. Needless to say, Woodward (and most others) counter that the "C" in those warp and wormhole equations means the speed of light IN VACUUM only. That this can only be an in vacuum is necessary to meet the invariance condition required by Relativity. Woodward has even detailed experiments, which have been performed, that should have shown major changes in mass if Sarfatti's claim was real. These effects have not been observed, unless of course you assume the Tik Tak UFO to be DARPA's experiment to confirm these effects.

williatw

Post by williatw »

Edward Snowden said he couldn't find any evidence that the government was hiding aliens when he searched through CIA databases
Edward Snowden, the NSA whistleblower who blew the lid on the US government's classified mass surveillance programs, shut down a conspiracy theory that the US is secretly housing alien lifeforms.
Speaking on an episode of "The Joe Rogan Experience" podcast, which aired on Wednesday, Snowden said he did not find any evidence of extraterrestrials when he snooped through the databases of the CIA and NSA.
"Everybody wants to believe in conspiracy theories because it helps life make sense," he told Rogan. "It helps us believe that somebody is in control, that somebody is calling the shots."
"But the idea that we're hiding them — if we are hiding them — I had ridiculous access to the networks of the NSA, the CIA, the military, all these groups. I couldn't find anything," he asserted.

He said, he found no evidence of extraterrestrial life during his time spent snooping through government databases when he worked as a contractor for the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

He admitted that it was entirely possible that knowledge of alien contact were "hidden really darn well" from people with direct access to classified information.
https://www.businessinsider.com/edward- ... st-2019-10

So if Snowden is to believed either "buggy" data or some kind of terrestrial based top secret quantum leap in propulsion/stealth technology. Still think the apparent interest in naval ship movements would tend to favor the later explanation excluding the explanation of bad data.

williatw

Post by williatw »

ADDENDUM: To any/all interested he (Snowden) starts talking about "aliens" at around 30:56 in the linked tape of his Joe Rogan interview posted below:

Joe Rogan Experience #1368 - Edward Snowden
Published on Oct 23, 2019
Edward Snowden is an American whistleblower who copied and leaked highly classified information from the National Security Agency in 2013 when he was a Central Intelligence Agency employee and subcontractor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efs3QRr8LWw

Taliesin

Post by Taliesin »

I just listened to this Pod cast. Edward Snowden was eloquent and concise and vey candid. I am glad I got a chance to listen to this one.

williatw

Post by williatw »

Quark Nuggets
A Quark Nugget is a chunk of "strange matter", which is composed of "strangelets", which are composed of roughly equal numbers of up, down, and strange quarks. In technical science speak it is described as Compact Composite Objects (CCOs) nuggets of dense Color-Flavor-Locked Superconducting quark matter created before or during the Quantum ChromoDynamics phase transition in the early universe. Now you know as much as I do.

Suffice to say that it is weird stuff.

Some scientist have become fascinated by the concept because:
•It can explain Dark Matter (or why is there over five times as much gravity in the universe than can be accounted for with observed matter?)
•It can explain the observed cosmological baryon asymmetry (that is, why isn't the universe half matter and half antimatter and thus suffering cosmic explosions every ten seconds?)
•It can explain both of the above within exisiting physics, you do not need to postulate some bizarre new particle.

Thomas Marshall Eubanks examined the concept and wrote a scientific paper about them. You can tell it is relevant to our interests by the title: Powering Starships with Compact Condensed Quark Matter.

He calculates that this stuff is everywhere, left over from the Big Bang. There must be tons and tons of it, because it causes Dark Matter gravity. The point being it should be readily available in our own solar system. Now due to the incredible density of quark nuggets, it is all going to be at the core of various solar system objects. We won't be able to mine any at the core of Sol, the planets, or the moons, but asteroids are a different mattter. Eubanks notes there do exist so-called Very Fast Rotating asteroids, the little whirling dervishes have rotation periods measured in tens of seconds. This is consistent with strange matter asteroids with core masses between 1010 and 1011 kilograms (50 million metric tons). The cores can be extracted and used (but alas cannot be subdivided, the mutual attraction is too strong). The cores will typically be about one millimeter in radius.

Why do we care?

Because such quark nuggets can be used as SUPER-EFFICIENT ANTIMATTER FACTORIES, that's why.

Using Andreev reflection you could create about 109 kilograms (1 million metric tons) of antimatter before the nugget wore out. You bombard the nugget with a 100 MeV particle stream and some of the particles will transform into their antiparticle (it is actually more complicated than that, but who cares?). Each 1010 kg of quark nugget can produce 109 kg of antimatter.

One the one hand it is far easier to generate antimatter as you need it, instead of trying to carry a million tons of touchy antimatter. Especially since an antimatter containment failure would make an explosion big enough to obliterate an entire solar system.

On the other hand it will be a major engineering feat to drag along a quark nugget with a mass that is a substantial fraction of the weight of Mount Everest. That's why I filed this here in the "Starship" page instead of the "Engines You Can Use Within The Solar System" page

ANTIMATTER AT HAND?

Marshall Eubanks has posited the presence of million tonne masses of stable quark matter inside solar system objects – potentially both matter and antimatter forms of it, with the antimatter version protected from annihilation by a 100 MeV Colour-Force potential well.

Powering Starships with Compact Condensed Quark Matter

While pure antimatter/matter propulsion promises high exhaust velocities (~c) the difficulties of achieving that ultimate performance are considerable. But what if we use something else for reaction mass and use antimatter to energise that? And, instead of using it in a rocket, we use a magnetic scoop to draw in reaction mass from the interstellar medium? This is the Ram-Augmented Interstellar ‘Rocket’ – though technically a rocket carries all its reaction mass – and it promises high performance without all the disadvantages of exponentially rising mass-ratios. Mixing 1% antimatter into the matter flow could, in theory, produce an exhaust velocity of ~0.2 c. Scooping and energising the equivalent mass of ~100 times the mass of the starship would allow a top-speed of 0.999999996 c to be achieved, before braking to a halt using half that mass. This would allow, at 1 gee acceleration, a journey of ~20,000 light-years. The nearby stars would be accessible at a much lower antimatter budget.

Quark Matter in the Solar System : Evidence for a Game-Changing Space Resource

Very Rapid Rotating asteroids might be held together by the additional gravity of a mm-sized million tonne quark nugget.

Primordial Capture of Dark Matter in the Formation of Planetary Systems

Evidence for Condensed Quark Matter in the Solar System

Observational Constraints on Ultra-Dense Dark Matter

Such quark nuggets would be made in the Big Bang potentially, if antimatter is squirrelled away in such a form, the explanation of the observed lack of free-antimatter in the Universe. The abundance of such ultra-dense tiny specks, to be compatible with microlensing observations, would be in the ‘interesting’ mass-range suggested by the Solar System evidence.

Pondering Marshall Eubanks’s concept of quark nuggets for making antimatter and hunting for such inside NEOs and comets, I thought of what an antimatter starship would require. The difficulty of storing anti-hydrogen led to me reason that carrying an antimatter source, like a quark nugget, made more sense than refining the stuff, then trying to store it safely. Make it as you use it seems the best approach.

That does imply that starships will mass millions of tons, to match the quark nugget. Depending on how the antimatter is mixed into the propellant stream, I suspect an antimatter rocket will be a comet adapted to the purpose, blasting out a jet of energised water as the main reaction drive. I’d hazard to guess the efficiency of such a rocket, since mixing annihilation energy into a reaction stream is incredibly difficult. However an exhaust velocity of 0.1 to 0.2 c seems reasonable.

When drives are power limited, based on the endurance of the engine rather than the energy of the fuel, there’s a simple relationship between the mission velocity, exhaust velocity and cruise velocity, with an overall mass ratio of ~4.42. The cruise velocity – the speed at which the vehicle coasts – would be somewhere between 0.075 c to 0.15 c, while the mission velocity would be 0.05 c – 0.1 c.

In the Oort Cloud there’s about 100 billion comets in far-flung orbits. One for every star in the Galaxy. If each formed around a quark nugget, then that would be 100 billion potential starships. Launching forth to every star in the Milky Way at 0.1 c, they would take ~750,000 years to reach the stars on the opposite side of the Milky Way to us. To reach every Globular Cluster in the Milky Way’s vast halo might take 1.5 – 3 million years.

Not every star has an Oort Cloud, ours being one of the few to keep its Cloud, as passages through Molecular Clouds and tight star clusters can lure the far-flung comets away with their gravity. Yet there are enough Oort Clouds that Others might have done the same before us. If Other Civilizations came to the same conclusion, as my musings above, and launched forth thus-like, what would a Galaxy in the throes of such a “Life Burst” look like from far away? Would we see the unique signs of antimatter annihilation spraying forth from that Galaxy? Could we see it with the right gamma-ray telescopes?

http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/r ... arknuggets

kunkmiester

Post by kunkmiester »

If a tiny asteroid weighs a million tons, it's going to be obvious in it's orbit and those of objects around it. Like a few other crazy theories I've seen, it's easy enough to test it's not worth mentioning without the results of the test.
Evil is evil, no matter how small

williatw

Post by williatw »

kunkmiester wrote:If a tiny asteroid weighs a million tons, it's going to be obvious in it's orbit and those of objects around it. Like a few other crazy theories I've seen, it's easy enough to test it's not worth mentioning without the results of the test.
I believe he is referring to rapidly spinning asteroids that have the Quark Nuggets imbedded in/near the core of the asteroid. The whole asteroid isn't quark matter just a very tiny (but very massive) "chunk" in/near its core. The idea I think is that a smallish maybe ~100 meter or so asteroid the center is more accessible than a much larger moon/planet etc. You would have to I assume pulverize it (the asteroid) to get to the juicy center. You have to bite the tootsie roll to get to the chocolate center so to speak. Most of the asteroid is normal matter; how much over the expected mass/gravity such an asteroid would have would depend on how much quark matter is inside it relative to the size of the whole asteroid. Would also expect that would effect your ability to detect the anomaly at distance.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

williatw wrote:
kunkmiester wrote:If a tiny asteroid weighs a million tons, it's going to be obvious in it's orbit and those of objects around it. Like a few other crazy theories I've seen, it's easy enough to test it's not worth mentioning without the results of the test.
I believe he is referring to rapidly spinning asteroids that have the Quark Nuggets imbedded in/near the core of the asteroid. The whole asteroid isn't quark matter just a very tiny (but very massive) "chunk" in/near its core. The idea I think is that a smallish maybe ~100 meter or so asteroid the center is more accessible than a much larger moon/planet etc. You would have to I assume pulverize it (the asteroid) to get to the juicy center. You have to bite the tootsie roll to get to the chocolate center so to speak. Most of the asteroid is normal matter; how much over the expected mass/gravity such an asteroid would have would depend on how much quark matter is inside it relative to the size of the whole asteroid. Would also expect that would effect your ability to detect the anomaly at distance.
As far as my knowledge goes, there is no known object in the solar system that spins faster than their matter "tension strength" allows to.
So I don't really get why he need to hypothesize that there must be "exotic material cores" in the center of such objects to justify something that is already easily explained by basic physical and mechanical laws.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

kunkmiester

Post by kunkmiester »

williatw wrote:
Unless that spin is miraculously absorbing the gravitic energy of that million ton quantum thing, you're gonna have an asteroid that doesn't look like it weighs a million tons, but orbits, and purturbs the orbits of objects around it like, a million ton asteroid.

If such existed, we would have known long ago, so are there mysterious asteroids that behave significantly heavier than they appear? The article didn't mention any.

williatw

Post by williatw »

Giorgio wrote:As far as my knowledge goes, there is no known object in the solar system that spins faster than their matter "tension strength" allows to.
So I don't really get why he need to hypothesize that there must be "exotic material cores" in the center of such objects to justify something that is already easily explained by basic physical and mechanical laws.

Authors: Thomas Marshall Eubanks

Compact Composite Objects (CCOs), nuggets of dense Color-Flavor-Locked Superconducting quark matter created before or during the Quantum Chromo- Dynamics phase transition in the early universe, could provide a natural explanation for both Dark Matter (DM) and the observed cosmological baryon asymmetry, without requiring modifications to fundamental physics. This hypothesis implies a relic CCO population in the Solar System, captured during its formation, which would lead to a population of “strange asteroids,” bodies with mm-radii quark matter cores and ordinary matter (rock or ice) mantles. This hypothesis is supported by the observed population of small Very Fast Rotating (VFR) asteroids (bodies with rotation periods as short as 25 sec); the VFR data are consistent with a population of strange asteroids with core masses of order 10^10 - 10^11 kg. If the VFR asteroids are indeed strange asteroids their CCO cores could be mined using the techniques being developed for asteroid mining. Besides being intrinsically of great scientific interest, CCO cores could also serve as very powerful sources of energy, releasing a substantial fraction of the mass energy of incident particles as their quarks are absorbed into the QCD superfluid. Through a process analogous to Andreev reflection in superconductors[7], even normal matter CCOs could be used as antimatter factories, potentially providing as much as 10^9 kg of antimatter per CCO. While of course speculative, this energy source, if realized, would be suitable for propelling starships to a substantial fraction of the speed of light, and could be found, extracted and exploited in our Solar System with existing and near-term developments in technology.
http://vixra.org/abs/1310.0215

Here is the link to his paper:

http://vixra.org/pdf/1310.0215v2.pdf

Post by 93143 »

F/m = GM/r²

M = 100000000000 kg
G = 0.0000000000667408 m³/kg·s²
r = 0.001 m

F/m = 6674080 N/kg

r = 1 m
F/m = 6.67408 N/kg
m = 70 kg
F = 467.1856 N = 105 lbf

These things could be really dangerous...

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

williatw wrote:Here is the link to his paper:

I read it and replied HERE.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

williatw

Post by williatw »

Top-Secret UFO Files Could 'Gravely Damage' US National Security if Released, Navy Says

By Brandon Specktor - Senior Writer 2020-01-13T19:58:50Z

The truth is out there… but you're still not allowed to see it.

This infamous video of the USS Nimitz UFO encounter may not be the only one out there...
In November 2004, several U.S. Navy pilots stationed aboard the USS Nimitz encountered a Tic-Tac-shaped UFO darting and dashing over the Pacific Ocean in apparent defiance of the laws of physics. Navy officials dubbed the strange craft an "unidentified aerial phenomenon," but they have remained mum on what, exactly, that phenomenon could've been. Now, unsurprisingly to anyone who's ever considered making a hat out of tinfoil, the military has confirmed they know more than they're letting on.

In response to a recent Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, a spokesperson from the Navy's Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) confirmed that the agency possesses several top-secret documents and at least one classified video pertaining to the 2004 UFO encounter, Vice reported.

According to the ONI spokesperson, these documents were either labeled "SECRET" or "TOP SECRET" by the agencies that provided them, and that sharing the information with the public "would cause exceptionally grave damage to the National Security of the United States."

These top-secret files included several "briefing slides" about the incident, provided to the ONI by an unnamed agency. (Because ONI officials did not classify the slides personally, they are unable to declassify them, the spokesperson added).

The ONI also admitted to possessing at least one video of unknown length, classified as "secret" by the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR). ONI didn't reveal whether this footage is the same 1-minute video that was leaked online in 2007 and widely released by The New York Times in 2017. However, in November 2019, several naval officers who witnessed the incident aboard the Nimitz told Popular Mechanics that they had seen a much longer video of the encounter that was between 8 and 10 minutes long. These original recordings were promptly collected and erased by "unknown individuals" who arrived on the ship by helicopter shortly after the incident, one officer said.

Luis Elizondo, a former Pentagon staffer who helped make the Navy video public, told Vice that "people should not be surprised by the revelation that other videos exist and at greater length."

The FOIA request, submitted in October 2019 by an independent researcher, asked for access to any nonclassified records or portions of records regarding the 2004 UFO encounter. No additional documents were mentioned in the ONI's response besides the classified briefing and video.

https://www.livescience.com/navy-confir ... video.html

williatw

Post by williatw »

These original recordings were promptly collected and erased by "unknown individuals" who arrived on the ship by helicopter shortly after the incident, one officer said.
This cries out some kind of terrestrial origin; some kind of top-secret something maybe ours that was recorded by our Navy jets. If you already know what it is (top secret black project exotic propulsion etc.) your only concern is making sure the wrong people don't see it. Would make sense they would want to confiscate and then erase/destroy film and other data; that would be utter insanity if they thought it was "alien" in nature. Yes admitting we have such publically could conceivably 'Gravely Damage' US National Security if acknowledged.

kunkmiester

Post by kunkmiester »

williatw wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:30 pm
Giorgio wrote:As far as my knowledge goes, there is no known object in the solar system that spins faster than their matter "tension strength" allows to.

Authors: Thomas Marshall Eubanks

Compact Composite Objects (CCOs), nuggets of dense Color-Flavor-Locked Superconducting quark matter created before or during the Quantum Chromo- Dynamics phase transition in the early universe, could provide a natural explanation for both Dark Matter (DM) and the observed cosmological baryon asymmetry, without requiring modifications to fundamental physics. This hypothesis implies a relic CCO population in the Solar System, captured during its formation, which would lead to a population of “strange asteroids,” bodies with mm-radii quark matter cores and ordinary matter (rock or ice) mantles. This hypothesis is supported by the observed population of small Very Fast Rotating (VFR) asteroids (bodies with rotation periods as short as 25 sec); the VFR data are consistent with a population of strange asteroids with core masses of order 10^10 - 10^11 kg. If the VFR asteroids are indeed strange asteroids their CCO cores could be mined using the techniques being developed for asteroid mining. Besides being intrinsically of great scientific interest, CCO cores could also serve as very powerful sources of energy, releasing a substantial fraction of the mass energy of incident particles as their quarks are absorbed into the QCD superfluid. Through a process analogous to Andreev reflection in superconductors[7], even normal matter CCOs could be used as antimatter factories, potentially providing as much as 10^9 kg of antimatter per CCO. While of course speculative, this energy source, if realized, would be suitable for propelling starships to a substantial fraction of the speed of light, and could be found, extracted and exploited in our Solar System with existing and near-term developments in technology.
http://vixra.org/abs/1310.0215

Here is the link to his paper:

So do they match on orbital mechanics as well as spinning very fast? The article doesn't say, and I'd imagine these have been known long enough if they were moving too differently than their apparent mass, it would have been pointed out by now.