Factor X have we finally found the fountain of Youth?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

paperburn1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Factor X have we finally found the fountain of Youth?

Postby paperburn1 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:51 am

breakthrough it determining cell degreation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gxogiUvVkk
telomeres and triggers
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

williatw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby williatw » Thu May 23, 2019 11:32 am

williatw

Postby williatw » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:38 am

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:32 pm

China now claims to have two "Enhanced babies" with a third on the way. At first it was touted that is was just HIV resistance but with the third birth it was also shown intelligence and memory enhancements were part of the package.

I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

williatw

Postby williatw » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:33 pm

krenshala

Postby krenshala » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:05 pm

Here's to hoping this is not the official start of what causes the Eugenics Wars (Star Trek), or the battles against the Sauron Supermen (Niven's Known Space).

TDPerk

Postby TDPerk » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:40 pm

molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

kurt9

Postby kurt9 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Of course. Leftism, as an ideology is not about value creation. It about taking value from those who create it and giving it to those who do not. In other words, its pure parasitism.

Having said that, there are two ways around the problem of not making it due to cost. The first is DIY approaches with various supplements and compounds (senolytics being examples of this) as well as potentially international treatments (stem cells, etc.) that are cheaper than here in the U.S. The second approach is plan "C", "C" meaning cryonics, which can be paid for with life insurance.

Most of us are not rich. I, for one, cannnot afford to shell out $2 million for that gene therapy or for Bill Andrew's telomere elongation therapy. However, there are ways to accomplish this on the cheap.

williatw

Postby williatw » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:34 pm

williatw

Postby williatw » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:01 pm

kurt9

Postby kurt9 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:34 pm

williatw

Postby williatw » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:16 am

williatw

Postby williatw » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:31 am

kurt9

Postby kurt9 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:05 pm

This is the cellular reprogramming that has been showing up on all of the life extension blogs in the last year or so. I think it works although I think this guy's rats died because he took it too far. If you de-differentiate the cells too much, they no longer have the regulatory factors to tell them what kind of cells to differentiate back into, this creating teratomas that can result in cancer or, at minimum, produce dysfunctional tissues and organs. There is more work needed to make cellular reprogramming safe for us to try on ourselves.

The big debate is whether or not epigenetic changes are a CAUSE of aging rather than just a response to it. Since I think aging to due primarily to mitochondrial dysfunction (mtDNA damage), I think this cellular reprogramming (a safer version of it, of course) should be proceeded with a mitochondrial DNA repair therapy. Celluler reprogramming does repair mitochondria. But the efficacy of such repair is still in question. In any case, there is a mitochondrial fission/fusion protocol that I plan to try out early next year (following the conclusion of my ALA chelation by the end of this year) that should get me ready for any celluler reprogramming I may want to try, say, five years down the road.

The guy who claims that aging is "hundreds of different processes" is full of it. The two facts of aging are 1) aging is near universal and, 2) that the aged members of any given species look the same. These two facts suggests that aging is a very small number of processes that are near universal (some species, like lobsters, do not age).

williatw

Postby williatw » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:14 pm

Return to “General”