LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

And here is one from the inside, showing a header running above each side of racks. Again, looks to be well insulated 3", based on the container wall corrugations.

The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

On another point which occurred to me looking at the photos, it appears that there are 90s in the main header piping, as well as what appears to be a "T" connect for the output header at the back of the container. These are no-nos for high velocity steam. Significant erosion will occur at an exponentially increasing rate. Can be very dangerous.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

parallel

Post by parallel »

Originally published in World Affairs in January, this has become available on Lewan's blog.
It is a good summary of the LENR situation with Rossi and the worldwide implications.
https://animpossibleinvention.com/2017/ ... invention/

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Hi Parallel!
Missed you!
Lots of nice teary eyed wishful thinking on Lewans' part.
I wonder how he will spin Rossiclown's losing his suit, and IH's victory in their counter-suit?
In any event, how about you attempt to dispute my napkin engineering above? Show me where I made a mistake!

RERT

Post by RERT »

I wouldn't want anyone to think that I hold a candle for Rossi, but consider this. Specific heat of water is 4.2 J/Calorie. So if you raise water temperature by 90 C, you use 90x4.2x1000 = 378K J/kg. So the required flow for 1M J/s becomes 2.64 kg/s, which is an average velocity of 0.38 m/s through a 7.5 (3") pipe. Not much.

So I think it reconciles if the 'steam pipe' is a water pipe, and Rossi takes in a mains water feed at 9C and pours hot water down a drain in the 'customer facility' at 99C. The local sewage works might notice something weird was going on with water temps, but probably not. As a solution for disposing of 1MW of unwanted heat, pouring it down a drain has a great deal of merit.

Shame his story sucks. Mine is better!

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Ok given that your saying 58000 gallons of water a day. at industrial rates that 375 dollars a day plus industrial sewage double that your talking 750 a day water bill. That would require permits and public exemption hearing posting an EPA analysis, civil procurement proceeding with state certified engineers signing off on it (near boiling water)
RERT wrote:I wouldn't want anyone to think that I hold a candle for Rossi, but consider this. Specific heat of water is 4.2 J/Calorie. So if you raise water temperature by 90 C, you use 90x4.2x1000 = 378K J/kg. So the required flow for 1M J/s becomes 2.64 kg/s, which is an average velocity of 0.38 m/s through a 7.5 (3") pipe. Not much.

So I think it reconciles if the 'steam pipe' is a water pipe, and Rossi takes in a mains water feed at 9C and pours hot water down a drain in the 'customer facility' at 99C. The local sewage works might notice something weird was going on with water temps, but probably not. As a solution for disposing of 1MW of unwanted heat, pouring it down a drain has a great deal of merit.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

RERT

Post by RERT »

If there is any real point to my post, it is the observation that getting rid of 1MW of heat isn't really that hard. With a closed system maybe it is hard, but nobody made that a rule.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Gotcha
Your right it could have been done this way but I would have my doubts do to permitting and planning problems Also Rossi is touting steam output if I am correct. (please feel free to correct me it would not be the first time I was wrong nor the last I am sure :wink: )

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Okay, hold on a second here. We are talking about a facility designed for material handling, not production and processing.
The 2.64kg/s equates to 2511 gph, or roughly 42 gpm. I am willing to bet, outside of a firemain for the building, that each unit is not equipped to source and drain 42 gpm. That would be like your house having 17 showers or faucets running continuously. My house is pretty decent sized, and I only have 9 fittings I could run continuously at essentially full tilt. The town would be all over me for that in short order, not to mention the water bill being outrageous, as noted above. I am guessing that the Doral unit did not have access to 17 fittings worth of continuous run water. You are also probably talking some measure of pressure drop for the facility as well, based on pipe sizing.
I admit I am making some suppositions here, however having been in the industrial engineering business years ago, I am somewhat familiar with sourcing water feeds for production lines. And what we are talking about here is not exactly hooking up a fill hose for a washing machine. We are talking about 17 washing machines that never stop filling...or draining... and that is another key point as most places use 2 inch drains which can support about 20 fixtures. So how many fixtures is the Doral facility rated for? What is local code for "light industrial" or "warehousing"?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

And as an after thought, I am sure that when the state/local inspectors came through the facility (and took happy snaps), one of the things they were looking for on the checklist was water usage and dumping.

Meanwhile, I await (probably in vain), for Parallel to tell me I messed up on my bar napkin engineering and Rossiclown could have the goods.
Of course, the last time I showed him the math for the single unit steam flows, he couldn't argue that either.

Rossi is full of shit.

pbelter

Post by pbelter »

BERKELEY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Following the successful replication of “over-unity” amounts of thermal energy from its LENR renewable energy technologies, Brillouin Energy Corp. announces the closing of $7,750,000 in its Series B round. The lead investor in the round, James (Jim) Farrell, has also joined the Company’s Board of Directors.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2 ... ion-Series

Seems they are people willing to put up the money.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

It remains to be seen if he is a proverbial fool who was parted from. I have not seen anything convincing from them, mostly marketing ploys by my estimation, similar to others in the field.

When they pony up for truly independent testing, vice having someone read their meters, then I will give them more credit.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

On another note, it is hilarious to me how quiet Rossiclown's sockpuppet / meatpuppet blog got after the court ordered him to reveal all his sockpuppets. It will be fun if we get to see how clean he came with compliance to the order.

:)

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

getting quite now is a little too late, :D never put anything on the net that you would not shout from the top of your house naked. its out there forever.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

ladajo wrote:On another note, it is hilarious to me how quiet Rossiclown's sockpuppet / meatpuppet blog got after the court ordered him to reveal all his sockpuppets. It will be fun if we get to see how clean he came with compliance to the order.

:)
Did the court order that? I can see that being a real problem! Must he furnish IPs and emails?