Good News on the DOD funding side

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

cuddihy

Good News on the DOD funding side

Post by cuddihy »

Not specific enough to excite anyone, but as one who deals with DOD budgets, wanted to point out --since the election we have all been sitting on our hands with regard to funding. I think the Joint Chiefs were planning to sit on all the money until February if they could. The purpose was to allow FY09 funding to cushion the expected hammer of a 25% across-the-board cut in the DOD that some of the nuttier members of Congress were proposing.
Well, as it turns out it Obama may not be nearly as stupid as Carter. He's apparently keeping Gates and putting Clinton as SecState. These are rational people. These are signals are that no insanely stupid instant draw-down is going to screw us, so over the next few months you will see the contracts starting to trickle out.

The priorities are going to change, but at the normal human pace that doesn't blow things up. So stay hopeful. You may see a decision on Polywell from the Navy in the next month.
Tom.Cuddihy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Faith is the foundation of reason.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Yes. I was encouraged by those moves.

Hillary's husband Bill signed the Regime Change Iraq bill. So she has skin in the game. And Gates is not a lightening rod the way Rumsfield was.

I am rather more hopeful about his administration than I was during the election.

He had many different stories on every question and every one thought he was lying to the others for votes. Now we will find out who he was lying to.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Roger

Post by Roger »

I've been trying to tell you guys this for months.

sigh
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Roger wrote:I've been trying to tell you guys this for months.

sigh
Well Roger since most of us are not Democrats how were we supposed to know who he was lying to? And since Democrats seem to own the liar brand as proved by our new liar in chief how could we be sure of you? One thing I was sure of during the campaign season. He was lying to some one. Campaign finance ring a bell? Goolsbee and NAFTA?

You see a reputation for lying breaks down trust. Bad mojo.

Still. I'm glad he was lying to the "right" people. We will see if he gets his reputation back when he takes over. I sure hope he doesn't start up that lying thing again. He might get a reputation worse than Bush's. Wouldn't want that now would we?

BTW the new meme is that "every Obama statement comes with an expiration date". He is going to have to work hard to overcome that. If he doesn't his expiration date will be 2012.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

drmike

Post by drmike »

Speaking of Obama, you can post a note on one of his web sites and suggest he look into fusion and polywell here: Obama Energy Page. The more votes something gets, the more likely it might be looked at.

Jeff Peachman

Post by Jeff Peachman »

This reminds me of how a whole bunch of space exploration supporters spammed the voting page used for the CNN-YouTube Presidential debates during the primaries. The whole thing was organized by a space activist from Boeing.

IIRC, space exploration topics were voted as about half of the top ten issues, but they only asked one question about it and the candidates gave responses that no one was very impressed with.
- Jeff Peachman

rj40

Post by rj40 »

cuddihy sez:

"The priorities are going to change, but at the normal human pace that doesn't blow things up. So stay hopeful. You may see a decision on Polywell from the Navy in the next month."

Why in the next month? That seems rather specific. What have you heard cud-meister? What aren't you telling us?
:o :)

Maui

Post by Maui »

Jeff Peachman wrote:This reminds me of how a whole bunch of space exploration supporters spammed the voting page used for the CNN-YouTube Presidential debates during the primaries. The whole thing was organized by a space activist from Boeing.
Whether they get anything useful out of it or not, horray for at least projecting a willingness to listen.

It sounds like Obama is going to use the stimulus package as an opportunity to quickly fund alternative energy initiatives that otherwise would have had to wait for next year's budget. It seems conceivable that this could result in some funding for Polywell.

Helius

Sst... sst.... sstimulus package!

Post by Helius »

Amazing! They might actually do research and fix some infrastructure with the stimulus package this time around instead of buying votes....

Does this mean I'm.... not gonna get another handout this time around? :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwJduPtCvSM

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Ubi Est?