Tom Ligon at Philcon

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Tom Ligon

Tom Ligon at Philcon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Just this past week I was contacted by the science program organizer at Philcon, the Philadelphia area Science Fiction convention, asking if I could bring my fusor and do an update of my ISDC talk. My presentation will be this Saturday, Nov 22, immediately following a panel discussion of fusion generally.

They also have a panel discussion on Dr. Bussard scheduled. They may not have been able to move that to Saturday, as I'm not on it.

Anybody interested in attending should check out:

http://2008.philcon.org/

I just checked ... they've headlined my talk on the intro page! Special treatment!

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Tom,

I posted the details at "Power and Control" and "Classical Values".

I'll also get it up at IEC Fusion and post it to my list in a few minutes.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Tom,

Some one suggested filming your talk and putting it on YouTube.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Mike Holmes

Post by Mike Holmes »

I second that motion, if it's at all possible. I can't make it to Philly for the con, or I'd be there in a heartbeat. I'd love to have a playback of it, in lieu.

Mike

drmike

Post by drmike »

Congrats Tom! Sounds like you will have a blast.

Josh Cryer

Post by Josh Cryer »

Whoops, I made the same suggestion that MSimon made about getting video of it! Anyway that'd be great, and I second (or third) the motion (assuming there are no conflicts about media distrubition).

Good luck Tom!

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Here's a welcome to any new members joining the fun based on the Philcon talk!

I don't recall anyone recording the Philcon session, but there may have been a recording of the one at Balticon back in May. The slide set was very similar to the 2007 ISDC presentation, with a few updates you guys are already very familiar with. Maybe I can get AskMar to post the present powerpoint presentation in place of the old one.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

http://old-novice.livejournal.com/2467.html

A very short report on Tom's talk by an attendee.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

If Tom were to record his presentation into an MP3 file, could someone on this forum sync it up to the .ppt and YouTube it?