LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

paperburn1

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by paperburn1 »

That last statement was suppose to read "I would NOT worry much"
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Giorgio,

As you also seem ignorant about this subject, here are a couple of paragraphs from Wikipedia.
"The (PhD) degree varies considerably according to the country, institution, and time period, from entry-level research degrees to higher doctorates.

In the context of academic degrees, the term philosophy does not refer solely to the field of philosophy, but is used in a broader sense in accordance with its original Greek meaning, which is "love of wisdom". In most of Europe, all fields other than theology, law, and medicine were traditionally known as philosophy, and in Germany and elsewhere in Europe the basic faculty of (liberal) arts was known as the faculty of philosophy."
When did you get your engineering degree? In 2015? What great things have you done that you can be so critical of someone like Rossi, who clearly has made a very important discovery? Unlike you, I care more for results than the piece of paper. Rossi is perfectly entitled to call himself Dr. Rossi but I have yet to see him do that.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Giorgio,

As you also seem ignorant about this subject, here are a couple of paragraphs from Wikipedia.
"The (PhD) degree varies considerably according to the country, institution, and time period, from entry-level research degrees to higher doctorates.

In the context of academic degrees, the term philosophy does not refer solely to the field of philosophy, but is used in a broader sense in accordance with its original Greek meaning, which is "love of wisdom". In most of Europe, all fields other than theology, law, and medicine were traditionally known as philosophy, and in Germany and elsewhere in Europe the basic faculty of (liberal) arts was known as the faculty of philosophy."
What YOU are clearly ignorant of is the fact that in Italy we do have a Degree course called "Philosophy Degree" which is taught by UNIMI (Rossi University) and which is exactly the Degree that Rossi obtained, as is clearly written in the paper you posted.

This Degree Course is generally taken by anyone who is going to choose a career as a School Teacher in NON scientific subjects, a Journalist, a public sector bureaucrat employee and so on.
You can quote all wikipedia if you want, but you can't change the reality that Mr. Rossi Degree is a general knowledge Degree in NON scientific area.

parallel wrote:When did you get your engineering degree? In 2015?
A little bit before, in 1992 and I got it from the only University in Milano that can issue an Engineering Degree, that is POLIMI (Milano Polytechnic School of Engineering) and not UNIMI (Rossi University) that has NO Engineering courses nor can issue an Engineering Degree.
Maybe now you start to understand why I know more than you on this point.
parallel wrote: Unlike you, I care more for results than the piece of paper.
Same here, the problem is that not only I don't see a piece of paper to prove Rossi's expertise, I also don't see anything to prove his results.
That is apart from tons of words from him and few reports with meaningless scientific description, crappy experimental setups and poor data collection.
Only people like you who desperately need to believe into something (or that have no scientific knowledge) can be so blind to all the illogic and confusionary stories that this guy makes up every time he need to bring results.

But as I said many times, it seems to me that for you Rossi is a matter of religion and blind faith, not a matter of science.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Now that was a funny exchange! Made me smile. Parallel telling Giorgio how the Italian Higher Ed. System works. I also found it funny that Parallel is trying to apply current day requirements to when the Rossiclown went there. And, even trying to say he has a contempary Doctorate, which is not the program nor honorific that Rossi did. At best Rossi holds a Master's in equivalency. Everyone from then was given a Dottor, but that does not mean they were actually Doctoral Candidates. The system from then is not one for one comparible to today.

Parallel, you only want to see things your way, and thus everyone else is automatically wrong. For example, you do not want to accept that both Edison and Farady were.recipients of advanced educations. The fact you completely blew off how Edison went to Cooper Union, and that Faraday became a defacto graduate student of Davy, which eventually lead to his Professorship...

Comedy... pure comedy on your part. You really do come across as a bitter isolated old man that no one takes seriously. You don't need to behave that way.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

parallel

Post by parallel »

Georgio,

I take it there is much rivalry between UNIMI and POLIMI.

You said UNIMI doesn't teach technical things. This contradicts your statement.
First of all: what have the two universities?
The UNIMI offers 3 + 2 degree in computer science or computer science combining pure theory to practice. Here is the list of subjects in the first year of Computer Science:

Programming (with lab) - 12 credits
Computer Architecture (with lab) - 12 credits
Discrete Mathematics - 9 credits
Continuous mathematics - 12 credits
Physics - 6 credits
English - 3 credits

POLIMI instead offers a degree in Computer Engineering, always 3 + 2, in which the engineering subjects seem to prevail rather than the computer. Here are the exams to the first year:

Calculus 1-10 cfu
Economics and business organization - 10 credits
Fundamentals of computer science - 10 credits
Physics - 12 credits
Electrical - 10 credits
Geometry and linear algebra - 8 cfu
ref http://poltro.altervista.org/blog3.html
I really don't care two flux about the value of various degrees. You were the one that brought up the irrelevant subject.

I see you failed to mention your great achievements and in the days before I retired I wouldn't have had the time to waste on blogs that you do. Makes me wonder if you are unemployed, or perhaps you "work" for the government..

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Georgio,

I take it there is much rivalry between UNIMI and POLIMI.

You said UNIMI doesn't teach technical things. This contradicts your statement.
LMAO, what a "Computer Science Degree" from UNIMI has to do with an "Computer Engineering Degree" from POLIMI?
There cannot be rivalry between UNIMI and POLIMI simply because are both under the control of the Italian Government who made UNIMI the University for Humanitarian Degree and the POLIMI the University for Technical and Scientific Degree.
It has been like this for the last 100 years, and I don't think that the Italian Government made an exception to this rule for Mr. Rossi.
You really have no whatsoever idea what you are talking about :lol: :lol: :lol:

parallel wrote:I see you failed to mention your great achievements and in the days before I retired I wouldn't have had the time to waste on blogs that you do. Makes me wonder if you are unemployed, or perhaps you "work" for the government..
Wonder no more, as you so insistingly desire to know me and my experiences I will be happy to satisfy your curiosity.

Number of days I worked for (or under) the government in my life: 0

Number of years I have been my own boss: 23
Production and research manager for a chemical company in middle east with a "work against shares" type of contract. After 5 years I redesigned the whole process and machinery and I got offered an even bigger share of the company in exchange of the IP and to follow up implementation of my design.
Once back to Italy I set up a heat-exchange design and manufacturing company as well as an electronic design lab with a small manufacture plant in China.
Now that I moved to China I am still making heat-exchange products and I am getting involved in the manufacturing of fine chemicals.

I speak fluently 4 languages, English, Italian, Arabic, Spanish.
I am a certified Scuba and Freedive instructor since I was 21.
I have a valid PPL Licence.
I suffer from Insomnia so I have plenty of time. As I am writing is almost 5 AM here.
I am 46 and I have no intention to retire at all, now or in the future because I am a pure workaholic.

So, now that you know me, can we know who you are Mr. parallel ?
I am very curious to hear what have been your technical and professional experiences in life that are making you so confident that this whole "Mr. Rossi saga" is indeed real.

I will be waiting your reply.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Giorgio,
Il signor Parallel è un ingegnere in pensione. Ha pubblicato qualche tempo fa su come famoso pensa di essere. Se non ricordo male, aveva alcuni brevetti lui era molto fiero. Purtroppo, il suo background non aggiunge nulla alla sua comprensione di Rossiworld. Per questo, si affida a ricerche su Internet, questo è altrimenti noto come ciliegia raccolta.
Saluti!

Rossi e pieno di merda.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

ladajo wrote:Rossi e pieno di merda.
Your Italian is excellent as always my friend! :wink:

parallel

Post by parallel »

Georgio,
I am very curious to hear what have been your technical and professional experiences in life that are making you so confident that this whole "Mr. Rossi saga" is indeed real.
I was granted my first patent before you were born. UK# 959713. After heading engineering for several major manufacturing corporations in Canada and the US I started my own consulting company. Technical assessment was a large portion of the work for clients such as IFC (World Bank) EPRI, GRI and the government. With >two decades of such experience I can assess Rossi's projects better than trolls like you.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Oh my, another engineer thinking he is a scientist.

It would also help if you had a background in particle physics, nuclear chemistry, and just for fun, formal research.
Your background while seemingly supportive of a critical mind, although you spend a lot of time trying to prove otherwise, does not make you eminently qualified to speak authoritatively on things you know naught. In fact, in complete contrast, it should have taught you better manners.
I shudder to think what damage you may have done over your career with such single minded certainty.
I bet you were a joy to work with. Well okay, you got me there, maybe not.

Rossi e pieno di merda, e Parallel scrivera che sulla sua lapide.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

I rarely check this thread as LENR has been a dead end dream, used only for scamming. I see nothing has changed, but it does seem to keep providing entertainment and word sport.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Georgio,
I was granted my first patent before you were born. UK# 959713. After heading engineering for several major manufacturing corporations in Canada and the US I started my own consulting company. Technical assessment was a large portion of the work for clients such as IFC (World Bank) EPRI, GRI and the government. With >two decades of such experience I can assess Rossi's projects better than trolls like you.
So, you have a patent on a "Vending Machine" and you was a consultant in some Financial and Bureaucratic institution.
Interesting (and good for you) but I do not see how that qualifies you to assess the validity of the ecat.

If the above is all your technical experience, do I have to understand that you have no Laboratory Measurements experience, no Physics or Chemical Research experience and no Heat Transfer/Thermodynamics experience.
If that is the truth, than I start to understand why you can't argue with me (nor everyone else) on even on the most basic issues.

If I am wrong, please enlighten all of us on your expertise related to the argument we are discussing here. Laboratory Measurements, Physics, Chemistry, and Thermodynamics.

Again, I will be waiting your reply.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

ladajo wrote:Giorgio,
Il signor Parallel è un ingegnere in pensione. Ha pubblicato qualche tempo fa su come famoso pensa di essere. Se non ricordo male, aveva alcuni brevetti lui era molto fiero. Purtroppo, il suo background non aggiunge nulla alla sua comprensione di Rossiworld. Per questo, si affida a ricerche su Internet, questo è altrimenti noto come ciliegia raccolta.
Saluti!
Avevi perfettamente ragione Ladajo.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

purtroppo cosi.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Giorgio,
You are wrong again. (EPRI - Electrical Power RESEARCH Institute. GRI - Gas RESEARCH Institute) I don't intend to waste further time on this pointless, off topic conversation.
The 350 day trial of the 1 MW plant ends in about three months. Then we will see who is right.
Last edited by parallel on Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.