LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

CherryPick

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by CherryPick »

So, Rossi has patented a high-energy NiMH-battery that requires input electricity to keep running. Its COP 6 is comparable to COP of a air heat pump. It would produce 5 kW for 180 days, 21600 kWh, the value of which could be 2 160 €.

Air heat pump is noisy, 30 dB, and does not work outside temperatures below - 30 C. Its lifetime is 10 years and cost for a family house, 5 kW, around 2000 €. Switching on and off is immediate. If the price of eCat were zero the competitive price for the battery replacement is 100 €.

Like "renewables" eCat requires a backup. My 1 kWh UPS would keep me warm with eCat in short term but in longer term the grid is necessary. Would that 180 day limit extend if I don't need heating during summer? What about using a thermostat? I don't need a 5 kW sauna all the time.
--------------------------------------------------------
CherryPick
Ph.D.
Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics

parallel

Post by parallel »

CherryPick,
If the price of eCat were zero the competitive price for the battery replacement is 100 €.
It is not clear to me what you mean.
What about using a thermostat? I don't need a 5 kW sauna all the time.
Rossi claims that the output is now controllable. In passing I expect the E-Cat X (to be used for domestic application) to have an output of 10 - 15 kW.
Last edited by parallel on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

parallel

Post by parallel »

The New Fire MK1 (Bob Greenyer)
http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/09/06/th ... -greenyer/

This is a useful summary of the various approaches and patents currently in LENR

Axil

Post by Axil »

CherryPick wrote:So, Rossi has patented a high-energy NiMH-battery that requires input electricity to keep running. Its COP 6 is comparable to COP of a air heat pump. It would produce 5 kW for 180 days, 21600 kWh, the value of which could be 2 160 €.

Air heat pump is noisy, 30 dB, and does not work outside temperatures below - 30 C. Its lifetime is 10 years and cost for a family house, 5 kW, around 2000 €. Switching on and off is immediate. If the price of eCat were zero the competitive price for the battery replacement is 100 €.

Like "renewables" eCat requires a backup. My 1 kWh UPS would keep me warm with eCat in short term but in longer term the grid is necessary. Would that 180 day limit extend if I don't need heating during summer? What about using a thermostat? I don't need a 5 kW sauna all the time.
The Rossi reactor currently under test is an industrial unit only, has a COP between 40 to 80, is one megawatt in power capacity comprised of four 250 kilowatt modules.

The test result will be presented at the end of the one year test in terms of cost savings for the steam power produced compared against the power the reactor consumes from the electric utility's meter connected to the electric power grid as measured over a 1 year availability period.

The reactor must be available for 24/7/365 over a 400 day period.

At this current juncture, the test is just over half complete and the reactor is holding up well.

Rossi is now developing a next generation high temperature unit with an operating temperature of over 1500C.

CherryPick

Post by CherryPick »

parallel wrote:CherryPick,
If the price of eCat were zero the competitive price for the battery replacement is 100 €.
It is not clear to me what you mean.
What about using a thermostat? I don't need a 5 kW sauna all the time.
Rossi claims that the output is now controllable. In passing I expect the E-Cat X (to be used for domestic application) to have an output of 10 - 15 kW.
A 2000 € heat pump gives you 5 kW for 10 years. With eCat you need the device and 20 battery replacements. That is 100 € (2000 €/20) for each half a year.

Rossi needs a proven delivery, no more claims. His plausibility is near zero.
--------------------------------------------------------
CherryPick
Ph.D.
Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Giorgio wrote:Exactly as I said before, he "just try to change the whole discussion in a flaming war instead of replying to a technical and focused notation".

Typical attitude of people who have no real arguments to offer.
In sooth, that describes quite a few on your side too.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

KitemanSA wrote:
Giorgio wrote:Exactly as I said before, he "just try to change the whole discussion in a flaming war instead of replying to a technical and focused notation".

In sooth, that describes quite a few on your side too.
Honestly it didn't occur to me that I ever escaped replying any technical point that was raised by them, but I might by wrong and happy to correct this point if you point me out to it.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

parallel

Post by parallel »

CherryPick,
A 2000 € heat pump gives you 5 kW for 10 years. With eCat you need the device and 20 battery replacements. That is 100 € (2000 €/20) for each half a year.
You don't think the heat pump requires any power to operate? Or are you calling the E-Cat fuel replacement a battery? Perhaps by cherry picking the higher COP and much higher temperature difference can be ignored as you are near certain the E-Cat doesn't work.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

All Cherry Pick did was a simple return on investment calculation. At a COP of six. Axil pointed out that he believes the ROI calculation should use 60 not six. Parallel interjects snakes.
This is why we cant have nice things.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Axil

Post by Axil »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=599&v=NqaUbET15fw

Like many here, Giogio's thinking is confined in a prison of fear. This is a self help video that may help Giorgio overcome his fear of change in science.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I wish I could see some new science in my lifetime, unfortunately you and many other seems not to understand the difference between people trying to develop "New Science" and people that are just "Making Up Science". The latter are usually the same who will start immediately to claim that they can't disclose details to keep secrecy and ask money to reserve the new magic machine.

Strangely, no one ever delivered what they promised..... uhm.....
You are indeed fertile ground for all the snake oil salesmen out there.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

choff

Post by choff »

CHoff

Axil

Post by Axil »

Barry Goldwater
September 10th, 2015 at 3:44 PM
Dr Andrea Rossi:
I read today your US Patent and I could understand from it how genial is your invention. I imagine that for you it has been a big emotion when you received the advice of the allowing of this historic patent: can you describe?
A former skeptical and now sustainer: Barry Goldwater

Andrea Rossi
September 10th, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Barry Goldwater:

Yes, when my Attorneys called me and told me they received the communication that our patent had been allowed, it has been a tremendous emotion. We worked a thousand hours or so on it during the three years and six months of examination by the USPTO, from Feb 2012 through Aug 2015. I wanted it. I wanted it. I wanted it. Today I received from the USPTO the original official copy of the patent, with the cover with the ribbon of the United States Patent Office. Looking at this cover I think ” The great People of the USA has granted me this patent”. This mesmerizes me when I look this cover, and charges me of energy finalized to make jobs. That’s what I have to do to merit it.

All right, let’s put down at work: now, at 09.13 p.m. of Sept 10 I am inside the computers container, looking at the cover of ribbon of the USPTO, while the plant is well and stable.

F9.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Now that is funny!
Rossi baiting at it's best with someone using Barry Goldwater's name.
And Rossi has not a clue!

ROTFLMAO!

Baited into another grandiose display and trying to make the patent look like something it isn't! And he went hook line and sinker!

Well played Mr. Goldwater, well played.

:)

Thanks so much for sharing Axil, that made my week.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Axil

Post by Axil »

ladajo wrote:Now that is funny!
Rossi baiting at it's best with someone using Barry Goldwater's name.
And Rossi has not a clue!

ROTFLMAO!

Baited into another grandiose display and trying to make the patent look like something it isn't! And he went hook line and sinker!

Well played Mr. Goldwater, well played.

:)

Thanks so much for sharing Axil, that made my week.
Mr Rossi simply assumed that the person who wrote the post under discussion was in fact Barry Goldwater and that Goldwater honestly expressed his feelings about Dr Rossi’s accomplishments.

You assume the Barry Goldwater is a dishonest lowlife, scheming charlatan, a fake, and a snake. You dishonor either Barry Goldwater or the person who claim to be Barry Goldwater and you dishonor yourself through your own debasement and despicable behavior: a typical Eagles fan.