LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

Axil wrote:Now, Rossi is just a hired hand. Tom
 Darden calls the shots.

http://infinite-energy.com/images/pdfs/ ... erview.pdf
So you must also know that Darden's Partner, JT Vaugn recently observed that Rossi is not credible to government investigators...

http://freeenergyscams.com/wp-content/u ... Report.pdf

and, that even Franck Acland (the nutjob) is trying to put a positive spin on it...

http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/02/05/st ... spections/

Once again, Rossi is full of shit. Maybe Florida BRC should pay him another visit, since he is apparently back in FL doing what he told them he isn't.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Don't really care who owns it or is in charge of what. Rossi had his chance, investors had theirs. Classic case of vaporware...

PUT UP OR SHUTUP

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

The last three pages of this thread are going down in history as the most funny I read in the last few years.
I spilled my cup of cappuccino due to the laughter while I was reading Rossi reply, it was really priceless.

I am wondering if I should i send my shirt to laundry or to Dr.(?) Rossi....... maybe he can use the cappuccino stains on it as a Rorschach test to help him to better understand and tune the eCat!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Axil wrote:I have no case to make. The Rossi reactor is close to release. It will be the first of many new designs. The Chinese manufacturing deal to produce the Rossi reactor is in place. The E-Cat production in China is being setup. The world will have to cope with LENR on it own terms. China will disrupt the energy industry world wide.
Do you have any citations for the above claims? I might buy the last one, if you're talking about dumping solar panels on the world market or going ahead with research and development of LFTRs.
Axil wrote:Now, Rossi is just a hired hand. Tom
 Darden calls the shots.

http://infinite-energy.com/images/pdfs/ ... erview.pdf
I think you posted the wrong link. This one has Darden essentially saying he's happy to just let the scientists do what they do, and offer whatever support they need, in the hope that something might come out of their research.

It also has Darden saying he thinks the isotopic evidence is the most compelling evidence he's seen. :D
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Ivy Matt wrote: It also has Darden saying he thinks the isotopic evidence is the most compelling evidence he's seen. :D
Well he is right about that. That is what would be a slam-dunk for Rossi's machine doing something very interesting, even if the effect doesn't produce energy in excess of input... if the ash analysis was likely performed honestly.

However, the paper explained that Rossi (and witnessed by one member of the team...my guess is Levi) inserted and removed the fuel/ash at the beginning and the end of the test. Simple slight-of-hand trick...and wasn't Rossi shown to have bought some samples with the matching isotope as the so-called ash?

That invalidates the isotopic as evidence of nuclear effects, as it injects enough doubt. It also amazes me that the test team would allow this since ongoing critique of Rossi's machines has been his hands-on involvement with each test or demo. To accept the last test as proof of something is not scientific or objective.

Maybe Darden has other samples untouched by Rossi with the same results. I haven't bothered to read or view his comments, however, so I don't know of that is the case.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

JoeP wrote:That invalidates the isotopic as evidence of nuclear effects, as it injects enough doubt. It also amazes me that the test team would allow this since ongoing critique of Rossi's machines has been his hands-on involvement with each test or demo. To accept the last test as proof of something is not scientific or objective.
The issue here is not properly "validity" but rather "veracity". The reason we require replication by an appropriately independent source, is to address just this issue. Note that Rossi is in this, not doing bad science. It is not his place to supply replication. That is the task of the broader scientific community. So what we're really left with is not a complaint about Rossi's science, but an observation of one reason why we need independent replication in order to meet the veracity requirement.

BTW I should note that when this broke a couple or three weeks ago, that Rossi was supposedly generating commercial grade power, I immediately contacted NASA's point man on emergent energy technology and he was as always very grateful for the lead. I'm sure NASA is all over this and that is whom should be doing independent replication. NASA and of course, DOE. We might complain this would be a waste of time, but with claims of commercial power production, we really should investigate if for no other reason, to prosecute against any fraudulent claims. And you know. . .what if this is against all odds, what Rossi claims? It deserves an investigation, IMHO.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Axil

Post by Axil »

Dr. Parkhomov has replicated Rossi's Hot cat at least once with a COP of 3.5. Over this last weakend, a test of a fueled and and unfueled reactior wired in series was conducted where the fueled reactor was 100C hotter than the unfueld reactor before its heater coil failed. Here is the data for that run...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1389964837

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I'm not familiar with Dr. Parkhomov's credentials. Can you point us?
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Axil

Post by Axil »

GIThruster wrote:I'm not familiar with Dr. Parkhomov's credentials. Can you point us?

see

http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/12/27/lu ... parkhomov/

pbelter

Post by pbelter »

On the Nuclear Mechanisms Underlying the Heat Production by the E-Cat

Norman D. Cook, Andrea Rossi
(Submitted on 6 Apr 2015 (v1), last revised 10 Apr 2015 (this version, v2

http://arxiv.org/abs/1504.01261
We discuss the isotopic abundances found in the E-Cat reactor with regard to the nuclear mechanisms responsible for excess heat. We argue that a major source of energy is a reaction between the first excited-state of Li-7 and a proton, followed by the breakdown of Be-8 into two alphas with high kinetic energy, but without gamma radiation. The unusual property of the Li-7 isotope that allows this reaction is similar to the property that underlies the Mossbauer effect: the presence of unusually low-lying excited states in stable, odd-Z and/or odd-N nuclei. We use the lattice version of the independent-particle model (IPM) of nuclear theory to show how the geometrical structure of isotopes indicate nuclear reactions that are not predicted in the conventional version of the IPM. Finally, we speculate on similar mechanisms that may be involved in other low-energy nuclear reactions (LENR).

Axil

Post by Axil »

Alan Goldwater of MFMP just announced that he will start another GlowStick experiment tonight at 1:00 o'clock (GMT) (23:00 UTC).

For more information visit:
http://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/index.p ... f-May-GMT/

We will provide updates and a summary page with stream and chat for you!

Your LENR Forum Team

The live run can be found here...

https://plus.google.com/events/crh3vtli ... 5ahc60ekgc
Last edited by Axil on Thu May 28, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Axil

Post by Axil »

GIThruster wrote:I'm not familiar with Dr. Parkhomov's credentials. Can you point us?

Dr. Parjhomov is a tenured physics professor at the Lomonosov Moscow State University. He may be retired. Here are his featured publications at ResearchGate:

Article: Deviations from Beta Radioactivity Exponential Drop

Alexander G. Parkhomov

Article: An Analysis of Apparent r-Mode Oscillations in Solar Activity, the Solar Diameter, the Solar Neutrino Flux, and Nuclear Decay Rates, with Implications Concerning the Solar Internal Structure and Rotation, and Neutrino Processes

P. A. Sturrock, L. Bertello, E. Fischbach, D. Javorsek II, J. H. Jenkins, A. Kosovichev, A. G. Parkhomov

Journal of Modern Physics 01/2011; 2(11):1310-1317.

Article: Power Spectrum Analysis of LMSU (Lomonosov Moscow State University) Nuclear Decay-Rate Data: Further Indication of r-Mode Oscillations in an Inner Solar Tachocline

Peter A. Sturrock, Alexander G. Parkhomov, Ephraim Fischbach, Jere H. Jenkins

Astroparticle Physics 11/2012; 42.

pbelter

Post by pbelter »

Parkhomov seems to have a number of published papers

Here is one on radioactivity

http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInfor ... Wejas9VhBc

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:Dr. Parkhomov has replicated Rossi's Hot cat at least once with a COP of 3.5.
He could not have possibly replicated it because no specifications nor data nor a detailed explanation of the reaction medium has ever been released to allow a process replication by anyone.
Hence, whatever he is doing and whatever results he is getting (be them real or not) has little to nothing to share with the eCat.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Giorgio wrote:
Axil wrote:Dr. Parkhomov has replicated Rossi's Hot cat at least once with a COP of 3.5.
He could not have possibly replicated it because no specifications nor data nor a detailed explanation of the reaction medium has ever been released to allow a process replication by anyone.
Hence, whatever he is doing and whatever results he is getting (be them real or not) has little to nothing to share with the eCat.
The replicators of the Hot cat get their information and insights from the Lagano test report

http://www.sifferkoll.se/sifferkoll/wp- ... Submit.pdf